SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 23, 2012, 02:30 AM
Joined Mar 2012
84 Posts
Discussion
Quad copter help please

I have just set up a new x525 quadcopter and cannot get it to respond right, I followed the setup procedure by the letter etc.
It has kk controller black board v5.5 I flashed it with 4.7 firmware to x mode as it was originally in + mode and I wanted to change it,
According to the guide I followed it said to select heli and swash 2 servo 90 but I don't have that option on the dx8 so I just used acro, the guide says when you run the motors and push up on the elevator the back 2 motors (3&4) should speed up but on mine 4&2 speed up and same for aile opposite motors speed up, haven't tried flying it yet as I don't want to risk breaking it until this is sorted out
widget2k4 is offline Find More Posts by widget2k4
to remove ads between posts
Old May 23, 2012, 04:20 AM
Slovenia, Ljubljana
Joined Sep 2011
1,510 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by widget2k4 View Post
I have just set up a new x525 quadcopter and cannot get it to respond right, I followed the setup procedure by the letter etc.
It has kk controller black board v5.5 I flashed it with 4.7 firmware to x mode as it was originally in + mode and I wanted to change it,
According to the guide I followed it said to select heli and swash 2 servo 90 but I don't have that option on the dx8 so I just used acro, the guide says when you run the motors and push up on the elevator the back 2 motors (3&4) should speed up but on mine 4&2 speed up and same for aile opposite motors speed up, haven't tried flying it yet as I don't want to risk breaking it until this is sorted out
I think you have motor wireing wrong. Please see this post:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...5&postcount=73

This video is for setting it right:

Multicopter PI-tuning: How to recognize different settings. (7 min 52 sec)
er9xuser is offline Find More Posts by er9xuser
Old May 23, 2012, 04:26 AM
Joined Mar 2012
84 Posts
Cool thanks I think your right that's different to the way mine is set up ,will give it a try tonight after work
Old May 23, 2012, 05:37 PM
Joined Mar 2012
84 Posts
ok thanks for that info it seems to be better than it was now ,BUT.

as soon as i try any throttle it just flips right over to the right, i dont hardly have to move the throttle stick at all,its just so responsive its frightening, lightest touch the motors spin up and the quad just does a full flip to the right and ends upside down.

whats gone wrong ?
i have gone over everything again and again but cant work it out.
Old May 23, 2012, 05:45 PM
United States, CA, San Bernardino
Joined Feb 2012
216 Posts
are all your motors and props spinning in their respective direction?
ddoltar is offline Find More Posts by ddoltar
Old May 24, 2012, 01:51 AM
Joined Mar 2012
84 Posts
yes they are all spinning right according to the instructions on the firmware link.

it did this before i flashed the board to x config as well though, it just wanted to tip over straight away.
Old May 24, 2012, 02:34 AM
Bitten by the RC Bug....
India, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad
Joined Aug 2011
789 Posts
Check your sensor axis orientation. If it wants to "tip over", then either the props are not correct on one side, or more often the sensor axis orientatios are reversed.
vineet_p is offline Find More Posts by vineet_p
Old May 24, 2012, 02:39 AM
Joined Mar 2012
84 Posts
Sorry to sound stupid but what is the sensor axis?
Old May 24, 2012, 03:16 AM
Slovenia, Ljubljana
Joined Sep 2011
1,510 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by widget2k4 View Post
Sorry to sound stupid but what is the sensor axis?
That means you must reverse gyro. Watch your xcopter in what direction is flipping over and then reverse that gyro.

5. Revering the gyros
This is how you reverse the compensation direction of the gyros

- Make sure that the flight-controller is turned off
- Turn the Roll pot to the MIN position
- Turn on the transmitter then the flight-controller
- The LED will flash rapidly 3 times and then turn of
- Move the stick for the gyro you want to reverse. (If you want to reverse the roll gyro, move the roll (aileron) stick)
- The LED will flash continually to confirm your choice
- Turn of the flight-controller
- If more gyros needs to be reversed, turn on the flight-controller and repeat the process. If you’ve reversed all the gyros you want, restore the pot to 50%
er9xuser is offline Find More Posts by er9xuser
Old May 24, 2012, 03:28 AM
Discovery
Joined Apr 2012
240 Posts
What you can do is :

- Take off the props
- Power the quad, arm it
- Put a little throttle
- Tilt it, the motors going down should speed up to compensate the perturbation
- If the motors going up speed, up then that axis is inverted, and you must reverse it using the procedure listed by er9xuser above
- Do this for pitch and roll, yaw doesn't make it flip so you'll see if that one is inverted on your maiden flight
ulkar is offline Find More Posts by ulkar
Old May 24, 2012, 03:40 AM
Joined Mar 2012
84 Posts
Cool will try that, I thought that's what he meant but wasn't sure, if it's flipping right I just push right on aileron to reverse the gyro or do I push it left ?
Old May 24, 2012, 04:00 AM
Discovery
Joined Apr 2012
240 Posts
If you're talking about that :

"- Move the stick for the gyro you want to reverse. (If you want to reverse the roll gyro, move the roll (aileron) stick)"

Any way is good, it's going to reverse it either if you push aileron right or left.

Always check all the reactions with props off, to be sure your escs are plugged the right way, motors turning the right way, and gyros correcting properly, that will save you a lot of times and mone (broken props are $$$)
ulkar is offline Find More Posts by ulkar
Old May 24, 2012, 05:11 AM
Joined Mar 2012
84 Posts
thanks everyone.

its perfect now so stable it almost hovers by itself
Old Aug 14, 2012, 04:02 AM
Joined Mar 2012
84 Posts
hi again.
i crashed my x copter the other week and broke the kk board, i have fitted a new board flashed in x config with firmware 4.7 but i am having real difficulty setting it right.
all blades/motors etc are right as it does take off.
the big problem i have is i cant get it to stay straight, it either wants to turn left or right, even with 1 click on the trim will make it go either way but cannot get it to stay straight which makes it impossible to fly
i have tried adjusting the yaw pot but does not make a difference at all.
please any advice would be great before i lose my mind.
i have also re calibrated the esc's