HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 05, 2012, 04:18 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,653 Posts
1) I don't drink. Offering me booze goes against you :O

2) I don't make the decision as to what goes in or not.

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2012, 04:19 PM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,449 Posts
I'd read the if/when as it will happen but they don't want to commit just in case the firmware guys discover something that prevents the feature from being implemented.
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Oct 05, 2012, 09:33 PM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,404 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
I was suggesting an alternative for the interim until if/when it would operate like you want.

Sorry if you think it was blunt. It's on the list - that's all I can tell you.

Andy
No worries Andy. Feelin the love....
But honestly I was really trying to see if/how a third timer would be useful to the point of it being necessary.

Its being asked for but the only way I could think it would be useful is a prop powered glider. Without telem, they would want to time motor use via throttle, RX activity timed to safe limit, because they may be aloft with the motor off and the TX time.
But that's really already covered since the TX time isn't really necessary and that timer is what counts down the RX. So still kinda two timers.
As long as one of the timers have multiple assignable timed chimes or sound bits the user can create the appropriate prompts as they wish.
Well we'll keep looking for the updates.
Maxthrottle is online now Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 08, 2012, 12:59 PM
United States, CA, Palos Verdes Peninsula
Joined Dec 2011
1,031 Posts
OK, started moving my models from my DX6i and DX8 to my DX18. The helis went over without a problem, but I hit a snag with my first plane, a Crack Pitts. I'm using a CSRC-RX3000e DSM2 receiver. When I bind it to the DX18, all the control surfaces go to max deflection and for some reason, the ailerons are tied to the throttle as is the speed control. Very bizarre. I rebound it to my DX8, and everything is fine. I did the bind process several times with the same result. Is there something I'm doing wrong here or is this receiver not compatible with a DX18, which is odd given it works fine with the DX8? I'm still on version 1.0 on the DX18, if that helps explain things.
Jboy90277 is offline Find More Posts by Jboy90277
Old Oct 08, 2012, 01:05 PM
Sherman Knight
Kirkland Washington
Joined Feb 2002
920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jboy90277 View Post
OK, started moving my models from my DX6i and DX8 to my DX18. The helis went over without a problem, but I hit a snag with my first plane, a Crack Pitts. I'm using a CSRC-RX3000e DSM2 receiver. When I bind it to the DX18, all the control surfaces go to max deflection and for some reason, the ailerons are tied to the throttle as is the speed control. Very bizarre. I rebound it to my DX8, and everything is fine. I did the bind process several times with the same result. Is there something I'm doing wrong here or is this receiver not compatible with a DX18, which is odd given it works fine with the DX8? I'm still on version 1.0 on the DX18, if that helps explain things.
Did you bind to a blank template? Did you possibly bind to a another model or Heli?

Sherman
duworm is offline Find More Posts by duworm
Old Oct 08, 2012, 01:05 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,915 Posts
I had a HH orange 6ch rx that would do that with my DX8, I got rid of it and got a OEM rx.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Oct 08, 2012, 01:11 PM
Joined Dec 2011
1,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by duworm View Post
Did you bind to a blank template? Did you possibly bind to a another model or Heli?

Sherman
I manually copied all the settings from my DX8 to my DX18 (from scratch), so there should be no mixes in play. When it started going funny, I put the settings to the defaults and still no luck.

My helis start at 30 and i was binding to the first slot. So, there is no chance of binding to the wrong model - this is the first plane.
Old Oct 08, 2012, 01:17 PM
Joined Dec 2011
1,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
I had a HH orange 6ch rx that would do that with my DX8, I got rid of it and got a OEM rx.

I'll probably do that if nothing else works. It would be good to know what the difference is between the DX8 and DX18 with regard to DSM2 (if there is a difference).
Old Oct 08, 2012, 05:09 PM
Kev Waite
Plymouth UK
Joined Nov 2005
351 Posts
New Airware version 1.03 now available

Kevin
rcpaintfx is offline Find More Posts by rcpaintfx
Old Oct 08, 2012, 05:14 PM
Joined Mar 2012
39 Posts
Yeah I just did it and now my radio says this:

System Fault:

Your system has a hardware fault which prevents safe operation!

Please return it for service.

T-Code: 00000000h
I-Code: 05200004h

Sequence 0

sequence 1 -> I-Code: 85200011h

I was just using it 2 min before I did the update. What checks does this firmware do while updating that it found fault with?
rockarruda is offline Find More Posts by rockarruda
Old Oct 08, 2012, 05:18 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,653 Posts
Use a new SD card, re-download, and try again.

DON'T touch the switches or roller while this is going on!

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 08, 2012, 05:34 PM
Joined Mar 2012
39 Posts
Yeah i didn't

This radio is only a week old, and I do have the screen glitch. I figured it was possibly testing the screen display controller.

I used the same card to update it to 1.02 as the radio came with 1.00. I will try my other laptop and see how it goes. I believe I used the other when I downloaded 1.00.
Last edited by rockarruda; Oct 08, 2012 at 05:40 PM.
Old Oct 08, 2012, 06:57 PM
Joined Mar 2012
39 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
Use a new SD card, re-download, and try again.

DON'T touch the switches or roller while this is going on!

Andy
I just tried a different laptop and SDcard.. same message as I posted above.

YAY!!
Old Oct 08, 2012, 07:01 PM
Michael
United States, ME, Wells
Joined May 2008
1,086 Posts
Update Problem

Don't forget to "eject" the SD card after the copy operation. That seems to have helped others who had a similar problem with earlier updates. I run Windoz7, so, theoretically, I do not have to do that, but I still do as a force of habit and after reading about others having incomplete file transfer (to SD card) causing similar problems as you describe.

Michael
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockarruda View Post

YAY!!
Snowflake6515 is offline Find More Posts by Snowflake6515
Old Oct 08, 2012, 07:10 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,653 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockarruda View Post

YAY!!
Sounds like you'll need to send it in then.

Andy
Site Sponsor