HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 03, 2012, 09:47 AM
United Kingdom, England, Bristol
Joined Dec 2011
628 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle202 View Post
That's great news. It's funny that someone would pick up an RC plane and just not thoroughly check it out. I wonder if he fly's RC or just arbitrarily picks up stuff from the roadway without checking to see if it is worth anything or is dangerous.

Well whatever his reason's at least he is honest to return something to it's rightful owner.

P'haps he got bored waiting for the HK backorder for new wings
AshtonFlyer is offline Find More Posts by AshtonFlyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 03, 2012, 10:51 AM
San Marcos, CA
Joined Aug 2009
2,846 Posts
HAHA :-D Nice one.
flyandi is offline Find More Posts by flyandi
Old Apr 03, 2012, 10:54 AM
Flying Hazard
Spain
Joined May 2006
2,803 Posts
Hi there, I'm about to buy one of these for FPV training purposes (My goal is to fly FPV with the Hobbytopgun L-39EDF, but let's start but something easier)

I'm using apache OSD kit with 5.8GHz 600mW Tx and Fatshark Predator from hobbyking .

Yet I just want to know what is the better motor from hobbyking in your opinion that best suits this plane and still be able to go vertical with authority.

Cheers,
Jandro.
SU-4ever is offline Find More Posts by SU-4ever
Old Apr 03, 2012, 11:07 AM
FPV! and nothing else matters.
Israel, Haifa
Joined Aug 2010
1,891 Posts
If you where to follow the thread ... It's been said many time (along many many helpfull information ) rctimer 2200 & prop 6*5.5 ...
guy1a is offline Find More Posts by guy1a
Old Apr 03, 2012, 12:26 PM
Flying Hazard
Spain
Joined May 2006
2,803 Posts
Thanks very much, I'm preparing to face several engineering career tests next week and I don't have enough spare time to make an appropiate search, I hope you'll excuse me

Wait, I actually said FROM HOBBYKING, I need to buy it there, please, any other option?

In any case I can use these specs to find a similar one quicker so thanks anyway!

Cheers!
Old Apr 03, 2012, 12:57 PM
FPV! and nothing else matters.
Israel, Haifa
Joined Aug 2010
1,891 Posts
Good luck

Thouth. Not using data many people learned ... And invent the fire from scratch over and over .. Is a waist.
guy1a is offline Find More Posts by guy1a
Old Apr 03, 2012, 01:13 PM
Better then Sliced Bread!
United States, CA, Arcata
Joined Oct 2011
2,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cactus View Post
Wow! I think in addition to my name and phone number, I would ask that they unplug the lipo too!
Actually that was one of the first questions I asked is if the batteries ever got unplugged :P

What I know of sofar is that someone else found it, and brought it to this guy because he flies RC. When he got it the first thing he did was unplug the batteries and he states they where still in safe voltage! He said it sat for this long because he hadn't had a chance to look over it, and when he started looking into it to gut it out he found my name tag :P

Apparently it has been perfectly safe this entire time I can't wait to get it back to see the damage, all I know for sure at the moment is one wing is broken. I will find out and take pics when he gets here today.
NorCalMatCat is offline Find More Posts by NorCalMatCat
Old Apr 03, 2012, 01:18 PM
San Marcos, CA
Joined Aug 2009
2,846 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SU-4ever View Post
Thanks very much, I'm preparing to face several engineering career tests next week and I don't have enough spare time to make an appropiate search, I hope you'll excuse me

Wait, I actually said FROM HOBBYKING, I need to buy it there, please, any other option?

In any case I can use these specs to find a similar one quicker so thanks anyway!

Cheers!
I ordered mine from ToySonics.com yesterday .. $60 shipped with motor :-)
flyandi is offline Find More Posts by flyandi
Old Apr 03, 2012, 01:53 PM
Flying Hazard
Spain
Joined May 2006
2,803 Posts
I have to order more things and I don't want to pay the shipping from ten different webs
Old Apr 03, 2012, 01:57 PM
Joined Dec 2011
628 Posts
D2826-6 2200kv turnigy motor, 6x4 prop (APC are good) seems very common - both on backorder, but they turn up frequently
Old Apr 03, 2012, 03:02 PM
Flying Hazard
Spain
Joined May 2006
2,803 Posts
I've been comparing data and thought about this one:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...00KV_595W.html

It might seem a bit badass (87g, 520W) but I guess it'll help both balance the extra OSD+FPV gear weight and push it vertical giving 1,2kg thrust on a 6x4 prop

What do ya think?
Old Apr 03, 2012, 03:11 PM
Joined Dec 2011
628 Posts
I think 'YIKE!'
Old Apr 03, 2012, 03:33 PM
Joined Oct 2011
2,650 Posts
Man as the day goes on I feel more and more anxious to get my plane back in my hands :P
Old Apr 03, 2012, 05:41 PM
Joined Oct 2011
2,650 Posts
Ok it's BACK! Damage is not THAT bad, wing spar did NOT break, it tore through the wing. 2200 3S had 3.00, 2.84, 2.76 in voltage, and is taking a charge, front of the battery was a little pushed in from impact but appears to be fine...

My 1300mah that was my video bat seems completely dead however...

I am now going to go through the electronics checking process!
Old Apr 03, 2012, 08:41 PM
United States, NY, Wappingers Falls
Joined Jun 2011
578 Posts
That's still repairable. I've crashed worse and rebuilt them again. Glad you got it back.
Maddmax is offline Find More Posts by Maddmax