Old Sep 23, 2011, 05:39 PM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Australia, NSW, Blacktown
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlbrandt01 View Post
Jason,

I'll have to try that one out. It's Friday, which is Pizza night at my house.

Only problem is I'll have to use my JT100, I don't have a Genius Yet.

Regards,
Jeff
Hi Jeff,
It is Pizza friday every week here.
I had the 6 axis turned on to help hold it a little more steady.
Regards Jason
jasonjetski is offline Find More Posts by jasonjetski
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 23, 2011, 05:54 PM
Joined Sep 2011
106 Posts
Welp...MCPX is dead now, cant wait till my new heli comes in! I guess ill be fixing the mcpx slowly, some "expensive" parts are needed.
scar308 is online now Find More Posts by scar308
Old Sep 23, 2011, 06:20 PM
ORANGE COUNTY, CALIFORNIA
Joined Jan 2007
134 Posts
Hey does anyone know if there are MODULES or hacks people have used to implement Walkera 2.4ghz into other radios?
It sure would be nice to get in on the GENIUS without having to carry another TX or shell out for another TX and learn to program.
I have an WK 2601 TX from my 4g3, Chinese Jade lists 2601 as compatible...but that is not reflected on wow hobbies sitecheck in person. I am wanting to step up from the MSR so i have something that can take some wind yet still small enough to safely fly in small part... so I am at the crossroads.. mcpx with my 9z/spektrum for 165ish or 280ish for genius with good radio....
aaronstomfoolery is offline Find More Posts by aaronstomfoolery
Old Sep 23, 2011, 06:32 PM
<Marty>
United States, KY, Springfield
Joined Jul 2011
1,873 Posts
received my bnf genius today ....flies great....one thing i don't like is it wont bind using the fixed ID ...bummer
magic_marty is offline Find More Posts by magic_marty
Old Sep 23, 2011, 06:38 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,077 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_marty View Post
received my bnf genius today ....flies great....one thing i don't like is it wont bind using the fixed ID ...bummer
Ah, thanks for bringing this up -- apparently mine won't either, trying to use 2801Pro.

I do recall, however, when I was using it to set up my 2702 equipped helis for unique ID, it took several steps, and you had to do them in exact sequence, and the bind plug had to be used for just one part of it but not the other... honestly, I am not too sure I am not just missing a critical step.

If someone was to post *exact*, detailed, step-by-step instructions for how to do this using the Genius and the 2801Pro (unlike anything written in the Chinglish manual!), and they work, man I would really be in their debt.
tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Sep 23, 2011, 06:41 PM
Joined Aug 2009
5,024 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronstomfoolery View Post
Hey does anyone know if there are MODULES or hacks people have used to implement Walkera 2.4ghz into other radios?
It sure would be nice to get in on the GENIUS without having to carry another TX or shell out for another TX and learn to program.
I have an WK 2601 TX from my 4g3, Chinese Jade lists 2601 as compatible...but that is not reflected on wow hobbies sitecheck in person. I am wanting to step up from the MSR so i have something that can take some wind yet still small enough to safely fly in small part... so I am at the crossroads.. mcpx with my 9z/spektrum for 165ish or 280ish for genius with good radio....
Try doing a search in this thread for the term 2601. It looks like a few people have already reported that it will work with the 2801 version Genius.
i812 is offline Find More Posts by i812
Old Sep 23, 2011, 06:42 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,077 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronstomfoolery View Post
IMHO, a really good route to go is to just buy the WK 2801Pro. I know no one likes 'extra' radios (I probably have 10 or 15 transmitters), but if you think of it as like a DX6i, but for the 'Walkera side of the house" instead of Eflite, then it can go down a little easier.

I have two 450s, 2 4f200s, the Genius, and a Honeybee all on the 2801P, and it's a easy to use fun radio, that is pretty frugal on batteries, so it's a decent park flyer/multi-model choice.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 06:43 PM
<Marty>
Joined Jul 2011
1,873 Posts
what connector is this please....

i ordered 4 of these batteries and they came with a tiny connector and i don't know what its called...i want to switch all my 1s packs to this plug ....does anybody know what type of plug this is and were i can get a bunch of them?

thanks a bunch....

Old Sep 23, 2011, 06:49 PM
<Marty>
Joined Jul 2011
1,873 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracknoob View Post
Ah, thanks for bringing this up -- apparently mine won't either, trying to use 2801Pro.

I do recall, however, when I was using it to set up my 2702 equipped helis for unique ID, it took several steps, and you had to do them in exact sequence, and the bind plug had to be used for just one part of it but not the other... honestly, I am not too sure I am not just missing a critical step.

If someone was to post *exact*, detailed, step-by-step instructions for how to do this using the Genius and the 2801Pro (unlike anything written in the Chinglish manual!), and they work, man I would really be in their debt.
seems to me if it does not work with the 2801 why would it come with the bind plug to clear the ID from the rx?
Old Sep 23, 2011, 06:53 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,077 Posts
Quote:
seems to me if it does not work with the 2801 why would it come with the bind plug to clear the ID from the rx?
'Zactly!

So, I tried traditional binding, and then receiver first...

I tried presetting with bind plug, removing then trying again.

I tried setting to random with bind plug in, then with it out, then to Unique...

Not sure how many permutations and combinations we could theoretically come up with, but I tried all of them that I thought seemed logical to me, and still no joy.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 07:27 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracknoob View Post
but I tried all of them that I thought seemed logical to me, and still no joy.
This is most likely the cause of the problem..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Sep 23, 2011, 07:34 PM
<Marty>
Joined Jul 2011
1,873 Posts
i have 5 other helis and i can't get any of them to bind via assigned ID ether....might be a only feature for the pro rx and the rx7202....

i did a google search and found no info on how to do it ...lol must be teeth grinding,hair pulling procedure to do...
Last edited by magic_marty; Sep 23, 2011 at 07:36 PM. Reason: info added
Old Sep 23, 2011, 07:36 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,077 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob View Post
This is most likely the cause of the problem..
heh heh

No doubt!
Old Sep 23, 2011, 07:37 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,077 Posts
Quote:
i have 5 other helis and i can't get any of them to bind via assigned ID ether....might be a only feature for the pro rx and the rx7202....

i did a google search and found no info on how to do it ...lol must be teeth grinding,hair pulling procedure to do...
I don't know if it was here or the 'other' heli forum, but I did see someone claiming to have shifted to fixed ID on the Genius, and they even commented that it then bound almost instantly, which is exactly correct.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 07:39 PM
<Marty>
Joined Jul 2011
1,873 Posts
yea it was me....but it was on the Devo 7....it was a snap to do and worked perfectly