SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 11, 2012, 11:23 AM
\_(ツ)_/
Joined Sep 2011
750 Posts
yeah you're right, it would be the same, but there's obviously some kind of shift somewhere. somehow the different force is affecting the tail, why? strange
Kawi is offline Find More Posts by Kawi
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 12, 2012, 05:13 AM
Australia, VIC, Narre Warren South
Joined Oct 2011
48 Posts
Flybar Shaft washers

Hi,
can any one tell me which way round the spacer washers, number 18 in the head diagram go. they seem to have a raised section. Of course they fell out when i pulled the flybar out.
old crasher is offline Find More Posts by old crasher
Old Jun 12, 2012, 08:37 AM
Augernaut
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jan 2010
1,450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by old crasher View Post
Hi,
can any one tell me which way round the spacer washers, number 18 in the head diagram go. they seem to have a raised section. Of course they fell out when i pulled the flybar out.
I believe the raise part faces the bearing.
Wookster is offline Find More Posts by Wookster
Old Jun 12, 2012, 03:37 PM
Australia, VIC, Narre Warren South
Joined Oct 2011
48 Posts
Thanks Wookster,
that sure makes them a tight fit. these old eyes struggle. LOL
old crasher is offline Find More Posts by old crasher
Old Jun 12, 2012, 04:02 PM
Augernaut
Joined Jan 2010
1,450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by old crasher View Post
Thanks Wookster,
that sure makes them a tight fit. these old eyes struggle. LOL
almost shocking the part count on this thing.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 08:11 AM
Malaysia, Sabah, Kuala Penyu
Joined Aug 2011
721 Posts
cyclic servo ball linkage length

what is the (original) length for the 3 linkages from the servos (cyclic) to the swash?....preferably from an RTF kit. Im doing a minor upgrades on my blade including ccpm setup.
CPMBOY is offline Find More Posts by CPMBOY
Old Jul 01, 2012, 03:15 PM
\_(ツ)_/
Joined Sep 2011
750 Posts
I just downloaded the advanced 450 from the spektrum website and I am having the same issue as with the intermediate settings. I have no punch, it especially is a problem when landing, if I'm coming in a bit too fast I can't slow it down at all, it always bounces. It's the main reason I haven't removed the training gear, each time I fly it I see that if I didn't have the training gear that bounce would have been an impact. I have no problems flying it, it's just there is no power on demand. Is there a setting for this somewhere?

Also I had to almost max out the trims for right bank and forward in order to get it to hover almost hands off. Should I adjust the servo arm length or should I move the servo horn instead?
Old Jul 01, 2012, 07:53 PM
Now you see it...
United States, KY, Henderson
Joined Feb 2006
448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawi View Post
I just downloaded the advanced 450 from the spektrum website and I am having the same issue as with the intermediate settings. I have no punch, it especially is a problem when landing, if I'm coming in a bit too fast I can't slow it down at all, it always bounces. It's the main reason I haven't removed the training gear, each time I fly it I see that if I didn't have the training gear that bounce would have been an impact. I have no problems flying it, it's just there is no power on demand. Is there a setting for this somewhere?

Also I had to almost max out the trims for right bank and forward in order to get it to hover almost hands off. Should I adjust the servo arm length or should I move the servo horn instead?

I don't know if you having the same problem I did or not but it sounds similar. Make sure your servo arms are parallel to the swash. When I pulled mine from the box and bound my dx8 I didn't have any pos collective pitch, or atleast very little. What the problem was is that the sub trims needed to be pulled back to get the swash at 0 pitch. As it was I had a bout 3-5 degrees neg pitch at center stick. A pitch gauge found the problem for me but if I had known what to look for I would have seen my servos all at a 20 degree angle and pushing the swash up. Hope that helps at least a little.
ehskds is offline Find More Posts by ehskds
Old Jul 01, 2012, 08:19 PM
Gravity impaired
United States, NY, Wolcott
Joined Nov 2004
1,516 Posts
Quote:

Check out this video
Blade 450 3D Mechanical Setup tutorial (12 min 13 sec)
jrjr is online now Find More Posts by jrjr
Old Jul 02, 2012, 11:14 AM
Staffs, UK
Joined Apr 2009
3,579 Posts
I used the settings in the manual, and put them in my DX7 manually. I've got no probs with pitch or throttle response. It seems most who are having problems are using the download.
feefo is offline Find More Posts by feefo
Old Jul 02, 2012, 12:36 PM
\_(ツ)_/
Joined Sep 2011
750 Posts
I looked at the linkage arms and at neutral, they were not at all even, it looked like somebody had unscrewd the end of one to make it longer, the servo arm was fine and centered, it was just the linkage was too long. The swash was tilting left and back, it was uneven exactly on the side that I had to trim, both for elevator and aileron. So I just twisted them down to an even length and now it hovers stable.

As far as the hard landings I guess it's just the way it is, I'll have to just take more caution when putting it down.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 07:24 PM
\_(ツ)_/
Joined Sep 2011
750 Posts
New problem, so I'm flying today and I start hearing this intermittent whining/rubbing from high in the air. It would come and go, like a vvvvvvVVVVVVVTTTTTT (normal sound) vvvvVVVVTTTTTT (normal sound). I got nervous and landed it, I couldn't see anything wrong so I just spooled it up at a low idle and I could hear it again but just deeper. Kinda sounded like it was feeding through a worn part of a belt as it would pass through a pulley, but the belt was not chewed or anything. I took it inside and took everything off and I noticed right away that I could only spin the blades one direction, if I tried to go the other way it would lock. (maybe that's normal though?) Then I noticed the top white plastic gear had been chewed up a bit with pieces of plastic hanging off some teeth.

So after seeing this gear, I looked deep inside to the little metal gear of the motor and it was looking normal. When I turned it by hand though there was some resistance, and it would only turn in one direction, but then it would turn in the other too, then it wouldn't, then it would, it was weird.

So then I noticed that I could actually wiggle the motor's gear by wiggling the motor head, and I could swing the gear away from the plastic gear so as to remove it from traction, but the base of the motor is solid, just the top part that spins can move. I took a short video of it, I don't know if what I'm saying can come through.

Gear 450 (0 min 45 sec)

any thoughts?
Old Jul 22, 2012, 12:56 AM
Augernaut
Joined Jan 2010
1,450 Posts
Quote:
New problem, so I'm flying today and I start hearing this intermittent whining/rubbing from high in the air. It would come and go, like a vvvvvvVVVVVVVTTTTTT (normal sound) vvvvVVVVTTTTTT (normal sound). I got nervous and landed it, I couldn't see anything wrong so I just spooled it up at a low idle and I could hear it again but just deeper. Kinda sounded like it was feeding through a worn part of a belt as it would pass through a pulley, but the belt was not chewed or anything. I took it inside and took everything off and I noticed right away that I could only spin the blades one direction, if I tried to go the other way it would lock. (maybe that's normal though?) Then I noticed the top white plastic gear had been chewed up a bit with pieces of plastic hanging off some teeth.

So after seeing this gear, I looked deep inside to the little metal gear of the motor and it was looking normal. When I turned it by hand though there was some resistance, and it would only turn in one direction, but then it would turn in the other too, then it wouldn't, then it would, it was weird.

So then I noticed that I could actually wiggle the motor's gear by wiggling the motor head, and I could swing the gear away from the plastic gear so as to remove it from traction, but the base of the motor is solid, just the top part that spins can move. I took a short video of it, I don't know if what I'm saying can come through.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9yUgO-k384

any thoughts?
I would say you lost the bearing in the motor if it is firmly atached to the heli and has that kind of play.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 01:27 PM
\_(ツ)_/
Joined Sep 2011
750 Posts
Got the motor out. Looks like the bearing. Any idea how to get it out? I took out the little hex screw but nothing budges.

Old Jul 23, 2012, 02:03 AM
Augernaut
Joined Jan 2010
1,450 Posts
Quote:
Got the motor out. Looks like the bearing. Any idea how to get it out? I took out the little hex screw but nothing budges.

I'm ot sure on the bearing removal, but I would suggest a couple things.

First off the motor is only $45 bucks. might be easier to buy a new one.

Second how old is the heli? HH customer service is second to none. f this thing is still fairly new they may just send you a new motor. They have done similar things for me. I crashed their PZ wildcat into a lake after a Rx failure. They replaced all the water damaged parts (BL motor, ESC, Rx) and included a 6 channel rx vs the stock 5 channel. They are awesome to deal with and if the heli is still fairly new they should be your first phone call,

third, if the motor is out of warranty HH has a repair facility and it might be easier to just mail it in.