HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 12, 2012, 02:16 PM
Melbourne Australia
Joined Aug 2010
219 Posts
I'm counting myself VERY lucky. The only damage after this bingle was a bend on the tip of the nose. Didnt even expect to recover the plane!
Multiplex Fun Jet crashes (0 min 32 sec)
Maccanaut is offline Find More Posts by Maccanaut
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 13, 2012, 07:44 AM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,673 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccanaut View Post
I tried to source Graupner locally, but couldnt find that size. I'll order some from towerhobbies right now. Thanks for the tip off.
I get a lot of props here..[url]http://www.electricwingman.com/graupner/cam-speed-propellers.aspx.....They have a good assortment of most high end brands..I believe they have all the speed Graupners in stock right now cept for the 4.7x4

Billy
FlyBillyFly is offline Find More Posts by FlyBillyFly
Old Nov 13, 2012, 08:45 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2012
250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyBillyFly View Post
I get a lot of props here..[url]http://www.electricwingman.com/graupner/cam-speed-propellers.aspx.....They have a good assortment of most high end brands..I believe they have all the speed Graupners in stock right now cept for the 4.7x4

Billy
I get all my graupners from http://www.electricwingman.com/ as well. Even shipped from the UK, I get them in California in 6-7 days usually.
nofreee is offline Find More Posts by nofreee
Old Nov 13, 2012, 01:52 PM
Melbourne Australia
Joined Aug 2010
219 Posts
Thanks guys. I did see that seller when i googled graupner props, but seeing as how they werent local i disregarded them. Based on ur recommendations, I'd give them a go next time.
My fun jet is ready for another go today.........still cant get over my luck. Hope it continues.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 02:52 PM
Melbourne Australia
Joined Aug 2010
219 Posts
This thing's great for 'sweeping' driveways!
Old Nov 14, 2012, 05:02 AM
Melbourne Australia
Joined Aug 2010
219 Posts
I'm not so lucky after all. The exact same thing happened and I crashed the fun jet this time destroying it. For some reason, The Jet just did a loop all by itself. Then on the down wind Leg for final approach It seems to suffer an epileptic fit, And I could not control it.
After my first crash three days ago I went over all the wiring to check that it was okay and it was I then changed the receiver in case the receiver was a problem. I do not understand what the problem is. The servos seem to just do their thing when they want to. It's been suggested that I could have a faulty speed controller. If anybody has any clues please put them forward because I'm pulling my hair out trying to determine what is causing these problems. I'm using the stock standard multiplex powered set up. Spektrum AR600. Turnigy nanotech 3 cell 2650mah, 25-50C discharge rate.
Thanks
Old Nov 14, 2012, 05:13 AM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Norway, Telemark, Skien
Joined Feb 2010
4,346 Posts
AR600
I bet a dollar it's to blame....

Sorry for your loss! Those AR500/600 are bad for high power setups, especially if you're using the main battery to power it. I have lost a couple of planes to them as well.
Arcteryxxx is offline Find More Posts by Arcteryxxx
Last edited by Arcteryxxx; Nov 14, 2012 at 05:19 AM.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 06:33 AM
Melbourne Australia
Joined Aug 2010
219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcteryxxx View Post
AR600
I bet a dollar it's to blame....

Sorry for your loss! Those AR500/600 are bad for high power setups, especially if you're using the main battery to power it. I have lost a couple of planes to them as well.
Really? I havent heard anything about that. What do most use? And do most use a ubec?
By the way, Ud sound a little more confident if ur bet was a little higher
Old Nov 14, 2012, 06:36 AM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Norway, Telemark, Skien
Joined Feb 2010
4,346 Posts
Quote:
Really? I havent heard anything about that. What do most use? And do most use a ubec?
By the way, Ud sound a little more confident if ur bet was a little higher
AR7000 / 7010 are the best Spektrum receivers IMO.

And: I raise the bet if you bet against me
Arcteryxxx is offline Find More Posts by Arcteryxxx
Old Nov 14, 2012, 06:36 AM
Joined Oct 2008
490 Posts
After a few crashes I use a separate pack to power the Rx and servos. That way if you fry your lipo or esc you can at least (hopefully) land in one peice. 370mah 2s and HK BEC. Or you could use a 2S LIFE pack with no BEC.
War Machine is offline Find More Posts by War Machine
Old Nov 14, 2012, 06:51 AM
Melbourne Australia
Joined Aug 2010
219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcteryxxx View Post
AR7000 / 7010 are the best Spektrum receivers IMO.

And: I raise the bet if you bet against me
No way am i betting against u. I'm easily convinced by what uve said. I'll rip the ar7000 out of a grounded nitro plane and use that. Ive got a ubec or 2 floating around as well.....might as well use it.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:06 AM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,673 Posts
Me too nofreee!....They ship out fast!.....
Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:10 AM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,673 Posts
Quote:
I'm not so lucky after all. The exact same thing happened and I crashed the fun jet this time destroying it. For some reason, The Jet just did a loop all by itself. Then on the down wind Leg for final approach It seems to suffer an epileptic fit, And I could not control it.
After my first crash three days ago I went over all the wiring to check that it was okay and it was I then changed the receiver in case the receiver was a problem. I do not understand what the problem is. The servos seem to just do their thing when they want to. It's been suggested that I could have a faulty speed controller. If anybody has any clues please put them forward because I'm pulling my hair out trying to determine what is causing these problems. I'm using the stock standard multiplex powered set up. Spektrum AR600. Turnigy nanotech 3 cell 2650mah, 25-50C discharge rate.
Thanks
Just curious...Are you using a Park Receiver...or Full Range....Park Receivers are not good for Funjets....you git out of range in a hurry..

Oh...there is a squabble among us at the field....running only 2 servos we have a split on whether or not to use a separate UBEC even on just two servos and over 3 cell.....I do for my own peace of Mind...The recommendation that i've heard is over 3 cell use a separate UBEC..I do....and since your running only 3 cell....seems to me you have a reception problem...
...Billy
Last edited by FlyBillyFly; Nov 14, 2012 at 08:24 AM.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 09:40 AM
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Feb 2009
1,287 Posts
If you really want to eliminate the problem, remove the Spektrum gear from the equation all together. When I bought my first RTF radian with a dX5, I had 3 brown outs, I sold that gear and went to ASSAN for years with 0 and I repeat ZERO problems. I wanted telemetry and have within the last 4 months went to FRSKY, once again with 0 issues so far.
yellowcolorado is offline Find More Posts by yellowcolorado
Old Nov 14, 2012, 11:36 AM
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Jul 2011
893 Posts
It is kinda hard to switch out of Spektrum if you also like flying the HH micro planes. I had considered ditching my Dx8 for a Futaba but when I evaluated the costs to convert all my planes it was a joke. There is no way I am going down that road. You will eventually be using rf adaptors and different expensive radios just to get everything working right. Probably best to use a cheap ubec and a have another go at it. I have been using AR500's for years in my parkflyers and never had a problem and I have intentionally taken them to the limits of my sight and back again without any issues. 9 times out of 10 it is a unstable power supply problem.
Other things to consider is the orientation of the rx, things like foil tape and battery packs can actually shadow your rx from its reception from your tx forcing brownouts. If your servos look like they are having seisures (like when they initially power up) then it seems like your rx is "rebooting" itself and at the speed of a funjet that takes way too much time. Good luck.
WhalleyB0Y is offline Find More Posts by WhalleyB0Y