HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 15, 2013, 04:47 PM
Registered Loser
Canada, BC, Central Okanagan H
Joined Jun 2010
3,250 Posts
Well no, that's just not the case. By that logic, you'd think that YOU the taxpayers are in charge of how the country is run. The symbolic power has always been in the hands of the peons and the real power has always been in the hands of the elite. Business really works that way too... though without the cynical titles. Just like YOU vote on election day and ultimately you do a TINY little part to choose the direction of your country (and ultimately your say doesn't matter at all)... YOU decide to vote with your wallet at a shop.... but THEY set the rules. Your only ability to affect the rules is to not purchase and hope they get the hint.

Better yet... make your suggestion to them, politely, then vote with your wallet by going elsewhere. Perhaps they'll clue in and make it better for future customers.

But you're kidding yourself if you think you can state how "it is" here on some random forum, expect them not only to ever see it (yeah right) but also to bend to your law? Not gonna happen. Again, don't like it? Shop elsewhere! That's your right. But its still their game, their rules. They need players and that's where you have the power, to choose not to play.
s_mack is offline Find More Posts by s_mack
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 15, 2013, 06:30 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsworthy View Post
It should not be this hard! if you buy the required amounts they should add the free item!. If for some reason the free item will not fit in the same box as your paid items, they should automatically pack and ship the free item at HK expense!. Also if you have already got 1 free item they should automatically keep track of what kind and date you won the free item. You should NOT be able to get the same free item again for at least for 6 months as others need one also. You should however be able to get another free item other than the 1st one however.
You will have a hard time keeping it alive if you ever run a business yourself!!! Let see:

"It should not be this hard! if you buy the required amounts they should add the free item!."

You didn't even knew what was the required amount yourself!

"If for some reason the free item will not fit in the same box as your paid items, they should automatically pack and ship the free item at HK expense!."

So, people would buy a 350 grams hi power ESC (or anything else expensive but very light like that) and expect you to ship a 6 kilogram airplane for free, in a HUGE box????

"Also if you have already got 1 free item they should automatically keep track of what kind and date you won the free item. You should NOT be able to get the same free item again for at least for 6 months as others need one also."

They do that to get rid of some inventory and generate sales... Generating two sales to the same buyer or two different buyers yield exactly the same results. $300 worth of sales are generated to one or two buyers, that's it, same revenue overall. Keeping track of who's buying what, would simply add more work and NOT generate more sales. It's not because you "NEED" a freebie, that you would have got one anyway. You simply had to be there when it happened, know how much to spend, and click order. If some people got two freebies, you would have had time to order at least one anyway.
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Jan 15, 2013, 07:13 PM
CURIOSITY Has Landed!
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
1,139 Posts
To heck with all that. Let's go a step further to HK bankruptcy...
At anytime, one should be able to email Customer Service and demand a freebie of one's choice including shipping at Hobby Kings expense!
Now we will all be happy little campers.
B!
Fugitive_Bill is offline Find More Posts by Fugitive_Bill
Old Jan 15, 2013, 11:22 PM
Picture a worm wearing goggles
United States, CA, Roseville
Joined Feb 2012
1,882 Posts
Hobbyking should know what I want. I shouldn't have to tell them what freebie I want, just figure it out and send it to me for free!
snipeworm is online now Find More Posts by snipeworm
Old Jan 16, 2013, 12:02 AM
CURIOSITY Has Landed!
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
1,139 Posts
That's the spirit, and...

They should go through our aircraft purchase history and figure out what we may have destroyed in a crash and send a new one or two.

For example if you had bought a GEE BEE (which is an inherently unstable and known pilot killer) they should realise this and send a new one - with spares for all the other planes bought in the lat six months and just for extra good measure, and a load spares for the parts box.

Huh what did someone say off topic or sarcastic?
Old Jan 25, 2013, 06:23 PM
Jedi Master
Joined Jan 2012
31 Posts
Hobby King hasn't had a free item in months, I'm beginning to wonder if they really are communists over there in China or if they just claim to be communists to put on a good public image.

Hobby King, prove your allegiance to communism by giving away free airplanes! In return, I promise not to send you my evil imperialist money.
LukeSkywalker is offline Find More Posts by LukeSkywalker
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:50 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Apr 2011
1,382 Posts
Last time 'FREEBIE' was mentioned on their twitter feed is / was November 5. I'm seriously getting concerned now.
idletime is offline Find More Posts by idletime
Old Jan 26, 2013, 03:37 AM
teamwork, do it my way!
Dubai, UAE
Joined Jun 2007
680 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by idletime View Post
I'm seriously getting concerned now.
How nasty of them to not tell you when they are going to GIVE you something for free.....

I can only hope you are showing them who's boss by not buying anything from them.....maybe you should send them your gas bill and ask them to pay that as well....
Cathurga is offline Find More Posts by Cathurga
Old Jan 26, 2013, 08:27 AM
United States, CO, Aurora
Joined May 2009
351 Posts
I"ve already sent mine. How long do you think it will take them to pay it?
hemiblas is offline Find More Posts by hemiblas
Old Jan 26, 2013, 08:35 AM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Who wants that free stuff anyway? Just take your CC out and buy the real expencive and quality stuff. Leave that free stuff to the little kids under 13 years old.
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 26, 2013, 01:53 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Apr 2011
1,382 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathurga View Post
How nasty of them to not tell you when they are going to GIVE you something for free.....

I can only hope you are showing them who's boss by not buying anything from them.....maybe you should send them your gas bill and ask them to pay that as well....
Dude,

I'm just commenting - Maybe they aren't doing freebies anymore - take a chill pill.

No where did I say they have to or that they are screwing anyone - wow!
idletime is offline Find More Posts by idletime
Old Jan 27, 2013, 07:38 AM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Christmas = ton of sales. No need to stimulate with freebies.

Chinese New Year is almost here = entire country shuts down. I can only assume they spend this month restocking after Christmas and doing inventory and stuff.

After the new year they will have all new stock, know what's old stock, and start handing out a freebie or two. I'd guess at least two months because after the close china that long it takes a couple weeks to catch up and get going again.
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
Old Jan 27, 2013, 07:52 AM
CURIOSITY Has Landed!
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
1,139 Posts
I presume that's all guess work on your part.
Similar presumptions have been made before.
Sounds fair enough to me to how it would most likely happen.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 12:27 PM
teamwork, do it my way!
Dubai, UAE
Joined Jun 2007
680 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by idletime View Post
Dude,

I'm just commenting - Maybe they aren't doing freebies anymore - take a chill pill.

No where did I say they have to or that they are screwing anyone - wow!
Point taken,....and since you seem to be well stocked on 'chill pills', maybe you should take a few to quell the concern you have, it might tide you over until the hobby soup kitchen starts handing out free lunches again.

...or, maybe go spend some time at your local soup kitchen and see how it feels to give a little, it tends to make one feel so much more appreciative when one receives.

This is not a rant, just saying is all...
Cathurga is offline Find More Posts by Cathurga
Old Jan 27, 2013, 12:34 PM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathurga View Post
Point taken,....and since you seem to be well stocked on 'chill pills', maybe you should take a few to quell the concern you have, it might tide you over until the hobby soup kitchen starts handing out free lunches again.

...or, maybe go spend some time at your local soup kitchen and see how it feels to give a little, it tends to make one feel so much more appreciative when one receives.

This is not a rant, just saying is all...
I guess you could just get a job and buy what you wish to have!.This is the method I use and its much easier than waiting around for some sub standard free item. When you buy your own item it tends to be top quality both in build and components!. I have been offered the HK free stuff before, but when I looked into the item I discovered you truly do get what you pay for at Hobby King! Just saying
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)