SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 23, 2015, 03:24 AM
Find More Posts by sshireto
Joined Jan 2015
46 Posts
Help!
HKPilot 2.7 crashed my AXN

Hello,
Yesterday I flew FPV with my AXN equipped with HKPilot 2.7.
I tested the RTL first and it worked, came home and circled around. On the next flight I took off, flew a bit and then I wanted to sit down and fix my chair so I put it on RTL, it started coming home and I wasnt looking at the plane, and then I heard it crash behind me, simply nose dived down to the ground..

Any suggestions for what happened?
sshireto is offline Find More Posts by sshireto
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 23, 2015, 03:52 AM
Find More Posts by Dogdude
Joined Aug 2012
2,046 Posts
Download the logs and post them over at DIY Drones for someone to disect
Dogdude is offline Find More Posts by Dogdude
Old Mar 23, 2015, 09:13 AM
Find More Posts by PeeMax
Registered Loser
Iceland, VestmannaeyjabŠr
Joined Aug 2011
521 Posts
Was everything set up correctly?
Did you set the correct magnetic declination, waited for the gps to lock before you took off and so on?
PeeMax is offline Find More Posts by PeeMax
Old Mar 24, 2015, 06:18 AM
Joined Jan 2015
46 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdude View Post
Download the logs and post them over at DIY Drones for someone to disect
Do you have connect through the USB for that? Cause all I get is gibberish on the Terminal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeMax View Post
Was everything set up correctly?
Did you set the correct magnetic declination, waited for the gps to lock before you took off and so on?
I never calibrated the compass, I don't why I guess I forgot. You think that can cause that?
The GPS was locked though.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 05:56 PM
Find More Posts by gbmarsh
Wait...what?
Canada, BC, Abbotsford
Joined Sep 2010
1,950 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sshireto View Post
Do you have connect through the USB for that? Cause all I get is gibberish on the Terminal.

I never calibrated the compass, I don't why I guess I forgot. You think that can cause that?
The GPS was locked though.

If you didn't calibrate the compass how did you expect it to work at all? I'm surprised it even returned home the first time.

The APM is a very capable but very complex piece of kit that has a lot of features and requires a fair bit of setting up. If you can skip the compass calibration and wonder if it might cause your plane to crash, then I would suggest you do not use it again until you study the entire manual.... TWICE

Here: http://plane.ardupilot.com/

Cheers,
Geoff
gbmarsh is offline Find More Posts by gbmarsh
Old Mar 25, 2015, 12:13 AM
Joined Jan 2015
46 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmarsh View Post
If you didn't calibrate the compass how did you expect it to work at all? I'm surprised it even returned home the first time.

The APM is a very capable but very complex piece of kit that has a lot of features and requires a fair bit of setting up. If you can skip the compass calibration and wonder if it might cause your plane to crash, then I would suggest you do not use it again until you study the entire manual.... TWICE

Here: http://plane.ardupilot.com/

Cheers,
Geoff
Actually, I didn't calibrate because of some video saying it can setup itself while in the air, and it also say you can do that here:
http://plane.ardupilot.com/wiki/ardu...ime-apm-setup/

But ofc I'll do it now, thanks for the help.