New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 08, 2015, 06:37 PM
Find More Posts by shonmac
United States, NJ, Dunellen
Joined Aug 2014
930 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechJunkieRC View Post
That nose gear looks great. Did you have to mod it much to get it to fit? I love my SR but the nose gear not so much! It is one of the weak spots IMHO. I even created a supporting bracket for mine. It has helped it to hold up so far but I can definitely tell that the nose gear would be gone if it wasn't for the support I made.

I really like the looks of your mod and would consider it if it works well for you!
Well unfortunately I can not find the control arm for the nose gear I had to use it as a fixed nose gear without the ability to steer. I am sure I did not throe it away because I never throw airplane stuff away . Even if its mangled foam I find a reason to hold on to it for a week. Maybe I should check my 2 year old's room and toy chest.

Good news is that as a fixed gear and some foam behind it so it does not travel; it has held up well. I am going to look around for suitable replacement nose gear.

I will post on the subject if I find something thst can be used. And I hope you post if you find something as well because just simply replacing it with the original part seems unlikely. I cant find the original part anywhere.
shonmac is online now Find More Posts by shonmac
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 08, 2015, 10:07 PM
Find More Posts by TechJunkieRC
Gone Flying
United States, IN, Covington
Joined Dec 2012
948 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shonmac View Post
Well unfortunately I can not find the control arm for the nose gear I had to use it as a fixed nose gear without the ability to steer. I am sure I did not throe it away because I never throw airplane stuff away . Even if its mangled foam I find a reason to hold on to it for a week. Maybe I should check my 2 year old's room and toy chest.

Good news is that as a fixed gear and some foam behind it so it does not travel; it has held up well. I am going to look around for suitable replacement nose gear.

I will post on the subject if I find something thst can be used. And I hope you post if you find something as well because just simply replacing it with the original part seems unlikely. I cant find the original part anywhere.
I was able to fly my SR today and it was truly enjoyable. My front gear is still OK but I would like something that I don't have to worry about. I check it before and after every flight. The bracket I made to stabilize it has done it's job but I know at some point I will want to change it.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with!
TechJunkieRC is offline Find More Posts by TechJunkieRC
Old Apr 04, 2015, 01:50 PM
Find More Posts by rcflyinff
United States, FL
Joined Mar 2012
690 Posts
Would somebody mind telling me where the top battery hatch mod is in this thread. I did a quick search, but was unable to find it. Thank you and Happy Easter.
rcflyinff is online now Find More Posts by rcflyinff
Old Apr 08, 2015, 03:04 AM
Find More Posts by agedflier
Australia, VIC, Bendigo
Joined Jan 2012
2,747 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcflyinff View Post
Would somebody mind telling me where the top battery hatch mod is in this thread. I did a quick search, but was unable to find it. Thank you and Happy Easter.
It's not a TOP hatch.it's a mod for laying the battery flat and works well .I did it...It is in Eric Henderson's post on page 42 Post 618. Hope that's what you were referring to...
agedflier is offline Find More Posts by agedflier
Old Apr 08, 2015, 06:26 AM
United States, FL
Joined Mar 2012
690 Posts
Thank you agedflier. I must have been mistaken. I thought there was a mod similar to the Grand Cruiser one. May try this.
Old Apr 08, 2015, 05:24 PM
Find More Posts by agedflier
Australia, VIC, Bendigo
Joined Jan 2012
2,747 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcflyinff View Post
Thank you agedflier. I must have been mistaken. I thought there was a mod similar to the Grand Cruiser one. May try this.
I like it too..I might go have another look at mine...I think there might be a problem as the engine cowl on the SR22 is separate whereas the Grand Cruiser is part of the fuselage.(no propeller)
agedflier is offline Find More Posts by agedflier
Old Jun 11, 2015, 05:02 PM
United States, FL
Joined Mar 2012
690 Posts
I'm looking for a replacement windshield if anyone has one or knows where to pick one up. Grayson is out of stock. I tried to tint it, but it didn't turn out that great, so I ended up painting it black. What a mistake that was. Still functional, but looks like poo. By the way, what is a blister? Shows this on the parts list, but I don't know what this is. Thank you.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 05:49 PM
Find More Posts by shonmac
United States, NJ, Dunellen
Joined Aug 2014
930 Posts
I think I am going to bring my SR to the field tomorrow . I have only flown it once in the last few months.
shonmac is online now Find More Posts by shonmac
Old Jun 30, 2015, 04:53 PM
United States, FL
Joined Mar 2012
690 Posts
Still looking for a windshield. If anyone has one or knows where to purchase one, please let me know. Grayson is out of stock
Old Jul 01, 2015, 05:38 PM
Find More Posts by Spookeay
Always puts it on the numbers.
United States, AL, Sylacauga
Joined Jul 2012
1,161 Posts
I have made some by using clear packaging material like saw blade packs for my 10" table saw blades. Just cut one out with poster board to refine the shape then lay that over the plastic and make the cut. a light 60w bulb can be used to heat it and give it some bulge.
Spookeay is online now Find More Posts by Spookeay