SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 10, 2002, 02:27 AM
Joined Sep 2002
116 Posts
Sailplanes backodered or out of stock?

It seems that if you desire a Silent Dream, a Bandit, or some other popular FVK model, then you would have to wait weeks or even months for it. Well, what happens if you need a replacement wing? Then you're screwed -right?

So what other makes and models out there are readily available? I would like a 2-2.5m electric sailplane with a V or T-tail for my next sailplane....

I wouldn't want to simply get "lucky" and happen upon a Silent Dream if I can't get replacement parts for it...

Megatron
Megatron is offline Find More Posts by Megatron
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2002, 08:31 AM
Bristol, England
Joined Aug 2000
2,077 Posts
Megatron,

We try to keep good stock levels of RCM-Pelikan Filip 600 (along with others), and at the moment we have stock of rudder/elevator and rudder/elevator/aileron versions in both V and T tail, and with a choice of colours. We remove the full 17.5% VAT for sales ouside the EC, and although we have good solid postal boxes specially made for these kits, the cost of postage across the Atlantic can be prohibitive.

Spares? If we have the part anywhere in stock we will take it out of a box and send it straight away. We seem to have more than our fair share of repeat customers.

Good luck in finding what you want.

John
John E is offline Find More Posts by John E
Old Oct 10, 2002, 09:28 AM
Fiberglass dont bounce???
Zion, Il.
Joined Sep 2002
2,408 Posts
Check out the Electra at Nesail. 101" wing and t tail. I Just ordered one and thay are in stock. http://www.nesail.com/Topmodels/electra.htm I also wanted a Silent Dream 2.5 or 2.2 but could not find one in stock. Good luck R
RandyK1 is offline Find More Posts by RandyK1
Last edited by RandyK1; Oct 10, 2002 at 09:30 AM.
Old Oct 11, 2002, 09:29 AM
tic
thunderscreech
New Cumberland, PA. US
Joined Dec 2000
10,936 Posts
I have purchased two FVK bandits from aero-model... yes, I had to wait for both, but when I hit a radio mast early this summer and destroyed a wing, they had replacement wingpanels in stock.
tic is offline Find More Posts by tic