HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 08, 2014, 02:41 PM
Joined Apr 2005
201 Posts
Discussion
AXN Cloud Fly CG - setup to glide?

Hey guys I picked up an AXN. Problem is, it's nose diving on the toss, bad. It flys fine once I get it airborne but I'm having to javeline toss it and even then it swoops to almost the ground before it sails off. I've tried various throttle settings (1/4, 1/2) due to the high mounted motor with the same result.

I found this video showing the proper toss, but with his, it glides forever with a power off toss.

How to launch the AXN Clouds Fly Floater Jet RC plane (1 min 46 sec)

If I did that toss it'd go about 10 feet and nose into the ground. Should I set mine up like that? That would require a pretty big adjustment from the recommended 51.5mm CG location. Per this wiki:

http://beta.ivc.no/wiki/index.php/AXN_Clouds_Fly_Setup

I'm not really worried about a minimal loss of performance, I just don't wanna keep tossing it into the dirt.

To make it more tail heavy I need to move CG forward right?

Thanks!
xray328 is offline Find More Posts by xray328
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 10, 2014, 05:03 AM
The original Flybaby
Joined Mar 2004
36 Posts
what battery are you using , i have modified the internals to take a 2200 mah 3s , and it balances perfectly and glides great .. I also followed the wiki when i got mine and its had more flights than any other plane...

Great for fpv too
flybaby747 is offline Find More Posts by flybaby747
Old Sep 10, 2014, 08:12 PM
United States, NJ, Frenchtown
Joined Mar 2003
9,106 Posts
I always take the plane to a tall weeded field. SOFT weeds. Always for a first flight.

COG might be perfect. But the angle of wing & tail incidences could be way off.
Did that more than 1 time with ARFs.

WE ARE the final aircraft designers of each plane we buy.
cyclops2 is offline Find More Posts by cyclops2