HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 22, 2013, 06:46 PM
Lost in the wind
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jun 2012
205 Posts
Discussion
Finally needing to get more umph!

Never had the real reason to go above 10amps charging.. now I do with my PL8.

in the CCS application, when I choose to edit one of my profiles and under "CHARGE" tab, I see the first option "CHARGE AMPS"..

I can only drop down to 10amps?

I have 4 x 6S 8000mah batteries on a paraboard.. when I try to charge.. it always max out at 10amps current.

If I only charge 2 packs, and choose 2P, and the left side will only allow me to hit 5amps totaling 10amps.

I have tried with power from:

a meanwell 24v
a 2x server power supply to get 24v
a deep cell AGM 55Amphr 24v boat battery.

Can someone refresh my memory? I also have verified the DC Limits and the Battery limits are way in the 40.0A

I am considering another PL8 since I have multiple PS, but need to verify what am I doing wrong.

BTW: I am on a 110v AC with 20amp dedicated circuit.. could that be the issue?.. if so, why can't I pull up to 20amps and trip my breaker?

Thanks in advance,

KS
ksrimoungchanh is offline Find More Posts by ksrimoungchanh
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 22, 2013, 07:52 PM
Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
2,175 Posts
New sticky just for you

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1837319

See the section about using the high power presets. Those are the only ones that go to 40 amps. The first two presets are "tuned" to 10 to 2 amps".

I have a second Powerlab and love it. No regrets getting a second one. I use the expansion mode all the time. Control two chargers from one console, just rocks. Double the discharge power, which also can be controlled from one console. Two Powerlabs charging at the same time, controlled from one console is the high end version of parallel charging.
Gregor99 is offline Find More Posts by Gregor99
Old Feb 22, 2013, 09:24 PM
Lost in the wind
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jun 2012
205 Posts
Thanks.. Gregor99..

will give it a try in the morning.. I will probably copy and create a new profile with one of the high rate profiles.

KS
ksrimoungchanh is offline Find More Posts by ksrimoungchanh