SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 25, 2013, 06:25 AM
Joined May 2006
1,237 Posts
coreless motors are like the standard DC motors less the metal frame were the wires are winded.. so it will be purely the wire.. less the mass less the amount of work needed for it to spin.. this will be good for servos as it will have faster response.. down side is it has less torque.. but since its placed on a servo.. the gear train will just compensate for the torque....

brushless servos have brushless motors.. these tend to be longer lasting.. and faster with high toruque.. but relies on the motor controller. similar to an ESC to get the AC line running..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jombo View Post
I thought coreless motors had a magnetic field around a magnetic core it to hold it center and the case ends with the shaft to keep it from moving . Similar to brushless but without the center rotor with wires, with the wires are on the outside of the outer case .
soneebee is offline Find More Posts by soneebee
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 25, 2013, 10:27 AM
Joined Feb 2013
11 Posts
Hi to all!!! I am a newbie in this FBL System. currently I have CopterX 500 FBL Torque Tube with CX-3X2000, it's just lying for a month now because I am not able to set it up correctly, it is very sensitive to small vibrations that's why the cyclic servos tries to correct it and it causes a vibrating heli. I already change the torque tube with Align CF torque tube but still the vibration is too much. Btw, I already burned 2 cyclic and 1 tail servo....
arispal is offline Find More Posts by arispal
Old Feb 25, 2013, 12:11 PM
Joined Feb 2013
1 Posts
Hello someone knows because there is no connection to the PC ago with an usb pb002. Gacias
wakalu is offline Find More Posts by wakalu
Old Feb 25, 2013, 12:48 PM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,050 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arispal View Post
Hi to all!!! I am a newbie in this FBL System. currently I have CopterX 500 FBL Torque Tube with CX-3X2000, it's just lying for a month now because I am not able to set it up correctly, it is very sensitive to small vibrations that's why the cyclic servos tries to correct it and it causes a vibrating heli. I already change the torque tube with Align CF torque tube but still the vibration is too much. Btw, I already burned 2 cyclic and 1 tail servo....
If there are vibes , then the best thing to do is see where their coming from. Most places are the main blades and tail blades . these should be balanced with the blade holders attached . sometimes their may be more metal to one side so balancing them this way is better . The other places it could be coming from is the main and auto rotation gear . If you see them wobble on start up it will produce alot of vibration through out the whole heli down to the tail bouncing .
That is the best place to start for now , if you still have vibes after that then something is bent somewhere
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Old Feb 25, 2013, 04:40 PM
Mostly harmless
United Kingdom, Scotland, Edinburgh
Joined Jan 2013
957 Posts
I just bought a CX-3X1000 to do a FBL conversion on a 450 Trex clone
- is there any disadvantage to the 3X1000 compared to the 3X2000?
- everything I've read here seems to suggest that there are more problems with setup and possibly ESD with the 3X2000, and I've not seen any notable advantage!
FlyingPhilUK is offline Find More Posts by FlyingPhilUK
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by FlyingPhilUK; Feb 25, 2013 at 05:42 PM.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 04:46 PM
Mostly harmless
Joined Jan 2013
957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by soneebee View Post
coreless motors are like the standard DC motors less the metal frame were the wires are winded.. so it will be purely the wire.. less the mass less the amount of work needed for it to spin.. this will be good for servos as it will have faster response.. down side is it has less torque.. but since its placed on a servo.. the gear train will just compensate for the torque....

brushless servos have brushless motors.. these tend to be longer lasting.. and faster with high toruque.. but relies on the motor controller. similar to an ESC to get the AC line running..
The other way of looking at it is that in a Brushed motor, the coils move (spin) and the magnets stay fixed.The brushes are used to switch the current to the coils as the coils spin.

In a Brushless motor, the magnets spin, and the coils stay fixed, and so the electronics has to switch the current to the coils in order to get the magnets to spin - this is why there are no brushes

So, in the Coreless motor, the Coils still spin, and it uses brushes to switch the current.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by FlyingPhilUK; Feb 25, 2013 at 05:42 PM.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 06:02 PM
AMA# 548800
Joined Dec 2007
5,050 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
You are getting confused with brushless. A coreless motor still has brushes, but very little mass in the moving part of the motor.

Hobbyking shipped my last order very quickly and thankfully used HK post, so I got it very quickly. Registered shipping is quite reasonable on those servos, as well.
That makes sense , Using only 2 wires to a speed control . I always wondered how it happened without a 3rd wire like brushless motor . Thanks all you guys
Old Feb 25, 2013, 06:11 PM
new kid on the block
United States, IL, Roscoe
Joined Nov 2011
374 Posts
i played with the mechanical setup of the tail by lengthening the control rod a bit and got it dialed in as good as i could, after i did that the tail held pretty good, it wasn't like a sim that will sit at a perfect hover hands off forever, but it sure held pretty close to perfect, it gave me the confidence to tool it up down the road (only place that isn't covered with a foot of snow). its a little sensitive, but i think the 2000 works pretty well, i haven't burned any servos and i'm using a completely stock setup, plastic blades, all original cx parts, and i'm getting --what i consider to be-- pretty good performance.

*** for all the people burning up servos***
the cx 2000 requires you to select what type of servos you have later on in the set up, its recommended that you select that before you plug in your servos. if you're just plugging it all in right away, you may have problems, because stock is all analogs, i'm not sure why that would burn digitals that should be able to handle much higher signal frequencies, but that's something to consider.
mr.michael.2468 is offline Find More Posts by mr.michael.2468
Old Feb 25, 2013, 08:01 PM
Joined Feb 2013
11 Posts
Quote:
If there are vibes , then the best thing to do is see where their coming from. Most places are the main blades and tail blades . these should be balanced with the blade holders attached . sometimes their may be more metal to one side so balancing them this way is better . The other places it could be coming from is the main and auto rotation gear . If you see them wobble on start up it will produce alot of vibration through out the whole heli down to the tail bouncing .
That is the best place to start for now , if you still have vibes after that then something is bent somewhere
yeah! I noticed a wobbling main gear. I'll try to check also the shafts and the blades with the holder. Thanks
Old Feb 26, 2013, 09:22 AM
Joined Feb 2013
11 Posts
Quote:

sir....this the video of my copterX 500...I don't know what's the problem.
CopterX 500 FBL with CX-3X2000 (0 min 28 sec)
Old Feb 26, 2013, 10:36 AM
AMA# 548800
Joined Dec 2007
5,050 Posts
Wow , that looks like too high of a gain on the flybarless controller. It looks like the death wag on the tail. Try lowering the gain on the cyclic ?
Old Feb 26, 2013, 11:17 AM
Joined Feb 2013
11 Posts
I am using the preset parameters which is Beginner...do I need to lower the gain of roll and pitch? what about the agility? I will lower it to 30?
Old Feb 26, 2013, 11:51 AM
efx
Rookie in training, heads up
Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2010
3,208 Posts
It seems that this gyro is worst than the 3000. Cool picture Jumbo...very funny. That's how I'm picturing you now...hahaha
efx is offline Find More Posts by efx
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Malware?
Old Feb 26, 2013, 12:56 PM
Mostly harmless
Joined Jan 2013
957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efx View Post
It seems that this gyro is worst than the 3000. Cool picture Jumbo...very funny. That's how I'm picturing you now...hahaha
Worse than 3X1000?
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RJX X-tron 500 build
Old Feb 26, 2013, 04:58 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,230 Posts
I will be putting this on my 450. It is at the post right now, but they were closed do to weather. There are a lot of things that will make a fbl controller more sceptical to vibration. One being the mounting pad that is included. I had two of the 1000's it will be interesting to see how this flies different. It is a copy of the beast, but with their own software. That sucks because it is the software more than anything that makes the controller. Just look at the assan 250 gyro. Best electronics and sensor, but one of the worst gyros ever made.
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member