HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 20, 2014, 09:21 AM
Fly to live- Live to fly
ROTA-CADIZ-SPAIN
Joined Jan 2008
1,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TScott1118 View Post
The terrain in the second picture looks like like it could tear up a sailplane pretty good upon landing.
Yeap, Tom...., that new club runway in Jerez wasn´t finished and they had a very rough surface..., one more reason to use the foam belly skid and full spoilers landing ....
ultimatetwo is offline Find More Posts by ultimatetwo
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 03, 2014, 06:25 AM
Fly to live- Live to fly
ROTA-CADIZ-SPAIN
Joined Jan 2008
1,044 Posts
Hi mates, just for sharing again, last Sunday morning weather was really fine for soaring, but I have not too much time for the hobby, only a couple hours or so..., hummmm........ ˇˇˇ What a pitty not to fly....ˇˇˇ, no time to pick up the tools, get in into the car, drive to the runway and so on..., but what a heck, the beach is only a mere two hundred meters from home and still not too much people...
We choosed our trusty O2 to fly..... and boy...., I really enjoyed a lot again with the calm weather performance of this ship and by the way..., took some aerial pics and vid of my home city and background... so let me sharing as said these moments.
In flight you can see most of the town; ( the modern area, another day we will fly near downtown and harbour ), at east there is the US Naval Station and their own harbour and more far Cadiz Bay and the own Cadiz on the other side of the bay...
At west there is the sand dunes and pines forests, ... as most of us, one really love his own city.... ....
I choosed to fly a looks like slope flying pattern but actually there isn´t any wind for soaring. Long time ago, with my first O2 I really did slope soaring using the buildings as the slope clift when the wind comes from South...., but as said there isn´t enough wind force for slope...., so Axi motor must did the job for ocassionals climb..., and for landing, a full spoilers opened really stop the ship....
Regards buddies.
Manolo.

OLYMPIC II SOBRE LA COSTILLA (11 min 57 sec)
Last edited by ultimatetwo; Apr 03, 2014 at 06:34 AM.
Old Apr 03, 2014, 08:55 AM
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined Nov 2011
846 Posts
Beautiful. I hope to fly my Oly this weekend. Is so, I'll put a few pics of Albuquerque.
TScott1118 is offline Find More Posts by TScott1118
Old Jun 23, 2014, 02:03 PM
Fly to live- Live to fly
ROTA-CADIZ-SPAIN
Joined Jan 2008
1,044 Posts
Hi Tom, sorry not to see your post before. Please buddy feel free to share those pics or your homeland.... Here another flying buddy begin the construction of another O2 with electric propulsion..., also another guy from Toledo; ( Spain ) got a couple of kits from US of the O2 and the Olympic 650 little bird...., so these are good news for vintage sailplaners as we...
And just for sharing here is the vid of yesterday flight....

Manolo.

olympic 22-6-2014 (6 min 47 sec)
Old Jun 23, 2014, 10:46 PM
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined Nov 2011
846 Posts
Manolo, I fly with rudder and elevator on the right stick and throttle on the left. It looks like you have rudder and elevator on the left stick?
Cool video by the way.
TScott1118 is offline Find More Posts by TScott1118
Old Jun 26, 2014, 04:03 AM
Fly to live- Live to fly
ROTA-CADIZ-SPAIN
Joined Jan 2008
1,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TScott1118 View Post
Manolo, I fly with rudder and elevator on the right stick and throttle on the left. It looks like you have rudder and elevator on the left stick?
Cool video by the way.
Tx Tom for your kindly words....
Yeap, usually I fly in mode 3.... , ailerons and elevator on the left stick and rudder and throthe on right. With RES ships instead of ailerons I use rudder on left stick....
Old Jun 26, 2014, 09:47 PM
volare est vivere
United States, OH, Toledo
Joined Jan 2005
2,004 Posts
hi there from Toledo Ohio USA

I just watched your flight video, magnificent!

the OlyII is my favorite sailplane too. I have had four OlyII over the years and an Oly 650.

Well done, Manolo.

ciao -rjf
ray foley is offline Find More Posts by ray foley
Old Aug 31, 2014, 04:34 AM
Fly to live- Live to fly
ROTA-CADIZ-SPAIN
Joined Jan 2008
1,044 Posts
Tx a lot for your nice words, Ray. Sorry not see your post before.
Just let me sharing a new vid of the O2 flying in the Chiclana airfield, a city over 60 km. from my town... day was really good for thermalling after you get out of the rotors near the runway caused by a near downwind hill.... so I went all straigh up . After that meteo was so good that you could leave the transmiter on the ground and rest on a chair seeing our O2 as a free flight model, till she went really far and high....
Best regards.
Manolo.

CHICLANERO SUN OLYMPIC II (8 min 27 sec)
Old Sep 11, 2014, 08:42 AM
Fly to live- Live to fly
ROTA-CADIZ-SPAIN
Joined Jan 2008
1,044 Posts
And another vid..., this time aerial done with Mobius Camera installed on our woodie O2....

OLYMPIc and mobius (6 min 34 sec)