United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
The 130 won't be safe around people

The MCPX can draw blood if it hits your hands

130X is larger and more powerful!
True, true. My mcpx gave me a nasty cut on the hand. Glad it wasn't a 130X but, it is worth the risk. I want one.
J_skaggs is offline Find More Posts by J_skaggs
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 13, 2012, 06:59 PM
Have Guitar Will Travel
The Digital Domain
Joined Nov 2008
1,367 Posts
I wouldn't fret much about a 107 gram 130x. Notice how the spectators hide behind a car in this vid.

Tareq Alsaadi testing his (( GOBLIN 700 SAB 2011 )) (3 min 50 sec)
TravisBean is offline Find More Posts by TravisBean
Old Apr 13, 2012, 07:31 PM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
United States, IA, Grinnell
Joined Aug 2007
4,012 Posts
I suppose this heli lessens the chance of getting a 120SRX.
Ron
A Rdnek is online now Find More Posts by A Rdnek
Old Apr 13, 2012, 08:02 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,194 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugman Jeff View Post
The Walkera 120 CP line is very popular and essentially has the market cornered. No reason for Blade not to fire back with some competition. I'm also digging the size. I love my Genius CP, but I fly in a 2 court gym and it gets very small very quickly. Learning 3D on something so small presents it's own challenges. A 120/130 size heli is much more visible. I'm also limited to 6oz where I fly, anything much bigger than this is to heavy. The Walkera 120s have shown that a shaft tail can work very well in this size, so you don't have another motor to burn out. It seems that all the sub micros with tail motors always need some sort of tail upgrade, whether it's a stronger motor, extended boom, whatever. A driven tail doesn't have that problem. If this heli is as durable as the MCPx and 120SR, and the V120D02S, it'll probably be worth every penny.
Unless you have a slipper clutch installed the tail gears on the Walkera 120 size helicopters strip almost every time the tail rotor touches something. (with the slipper clutch the gears are almost indestructible however)

A better solution might be a brushless tail motor with a variable pitch tail rotor. Then you get the durability of a tail motor and the instant response of a tail servo. People have done this mod to the Blade SR and supposedly it works quite well.
Atomic Skull is offline Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Old Apr 13, 2012, 08:10 PM
Joined Feb 2011
187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Eichstedt View Post
Can't disagree with you that not all retailers have picked up on the new brand. It would help if we completely eliminated all EFLH item numbers and changed them to BLH numbers. But that would carry it's own risks!
I guess the mSR came out before that switchover because mine has Eflight on the canopy.

Horizon Hobby has a bewildering array of brands...Spektrum, Eflight, Blade... it would be a lot easier if everything just said Horizon Hobby and leave it at that.

But back on topic it's great to have helis in all sizes for all skill levels. I don't know that I can afford one in every size, but that's my problem, and a good one for Blade.
jscott1 is offline Find More Posts by jscott1
Old Apr 13, 2012, 09:00 PM
Have Guitar Will Travel
The Digital Domain
Joined Nov 2008
1,367 Posts
DX6i or DX7s ? Which would be better for this heli, and would it make a discernible difference ?
TravisBean is offline Find More Posts by TravisBean
Old Apr 13, 2012, 10:12 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Skull View Post
Unless you have a slipper clutch installed the tail gears on the Walkera 120 size helicopters strip almost every time the tail rotor touches something. (with the slipper clutch the gears are almost indestructible however)

A better solution might be a brushless tail motor with a variable pitch tail rotor. Then you get the durability of a tail motor and the instant response of a tail servo. People have done this mod to the Blade SR and supposedly it works quite well.

I did the brushless VP mod to my SR but I prefer the shaft driven VP tail over DD, DDVP, and belt driven VP tails.

To me the slipper clutch protected shaft driven VP tail is the best..

After getting the two early mCPX's with all their problems I'm not about to buy this 130X for my own use.. Only as a favor to you guys for R&D for the slipper clutch which I'm sure you will all need within days if not hours of getting the 130X..

Blade should send me a FREE preproduction 130 so I can have the slipper clutch ready for you guys..

Or you can preorder and pay for one now, and when I get 10 paid preorders I'll preorder a 130 for R&D..

Send your order/money to PayPal slipperclutch@mi.rr.com $25.00 plus $7.00 S&H..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Last edited by livonia bob; Apr 13, 2012 at 10:21 PM.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 12:17 AM
Fairfield County, Connecticut
Joined Dec 2009
819 Posts
Bob, that seems like a lot for a slipper clutch... your other ones are only $17 shipped.
Benf207 is offline Find More Posts by Benf207
Old Apr 14, 2012, 12:30 AM
Project Tormentor is flying!
United States, WA, White Salmon
Joined Nov 2005
2,018 Posts
Yeah I was kinda hoping the price would be close to the other ones. I DO understand the limited demand for these parts (in respect to true mass production) requires that these be more or less hand made, which drives up the price. Bob? Any comment on this?
philthyy is offline Find More Posts by philthyy
Old Apr 14, 2012, 01:09 AM
Ipswich, Suffolk, England
Joined Dec 2007
127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxguy1000 View Post
I think that ebeing should not be allowed to post.
+1 especially as he can't get the name right - they've NEVER been branded 'e-flight'
BikerDon is offline Find More Posts by BikerDon
Old Apr 14, 2012, 01:28 AM
Joined Dec 2007
127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jscott1 View Post
I guess the mSR came out before that switchover because mine has Eflight on [snip]
I bet it doesn't...
Old Apr 14, 2012, 01:47 AM
United States, FL, West Palm Beach
Joined Feb 2012
271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerDon View Post
I bet it doesn't...
My MSR box , my MSR heli , and my MSR radio all say ''E FLITE'' on them.

I don't know why people are getting so hung up on this, the blade employee made it pretty clear that they changed the name to "BLADE'' a few years ago.

That implies that they were once called ''E FLITE'' but are no longer.

The radios will be ''SPEKTRUM'' the heli's will be ''BLADE'' the batteries and chargers will be ''E FLITE''
liduno is offline Find More Posts by liduno
Last edited by liduno; Apr 14, 2012 at 01:52 AM.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 02:42 AM
Joined Dec 2007
127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by liduno View Post
My MSR box , my MSR heli , and my MSR radio all say ''E FLITE'' on them.

I don't know why people are getting so hung up on this, the blade employee made it pretty clear that they changed the name to "BLADE'' a few years ago.

That implies that they were once called ''E FLITE'' but are no longer.

The radios will be ''SPEKTRUM'' the heli's will be ''BLADE'' the batteries and chargers will be ''E FLITE''
errrr, my point was that the brand name is E-Flite and not eflight, e-flight, E FLITE etc

hehe
Old Apr 14, 2012, 03:16 AM
United States, FL, West Palm Beach
Joined Feb 2012
271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerDon View Post
errrr, my point was that the brand name is E-Flite and not eflight, e-flight, E FLITE etc

hehe
AH I missed that, I see people spell it that way so often I don't even notice anymore.
liduno is offline Find More Posts by liduno
Old Apr 14, 2012, 03:49 AM
Joined Dec 2011
3,194 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by philthyy View Post
Yeah I was kinda hoping the price would be close to the other ones. I DO understand the limited demand for these parts (in respect to true mass production) requires that these be more or less hand made, which drives up the price. Bob? Any comment on this?
He has to go out of his way to develop a 130x version?
Atomic Skull is offline Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Last edited by Atomic Skull; Apr 14, 2012 at 03:58 AM.