SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 13, 2012, 11:38 PM
Guam
Joined Apr 2007
84 Posts
Discussion
Hobby King Sucks

I have two separate orders from Hobby King totaling around $60.00 which I ordered last Oct. They claim the items were shipped, but I haven't received either order. It's been almost 1/4 year! Communicating with them on the live chat recently, they just totally cut me off! They suck! Unfortunately, there is nobody that really compares to them as far as the variety of electric motors that they have. Does anybody know of another vendor with a large variety of outrunners and inrunners?
jethack356 is offline Find More Posts by jethack356
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 14, 2012, 12:48 AM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,855 Posts
What did the postal tracking say? There will be a tracking number on your order page.

There are heaps of vendors that sell brushless motors. What location were you looking to buy from?

Mark
KCV6 is offline Find More Posts by KCV6
Old Jan 14, 2012, 08:06 AM
Suspended Account
Mentor, OH
Joined Dec 2004
8,426 Posts
sgtdirt is offline Find More Posts by sgtdirt
Last edited by sgtdirt; Feb 12, 2012 at 04:16 AM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 14, 2012, 10:11 AM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
20,903 Posts
RCTimer.com - Asia
ValueHobby.com - US
Headsuprc.com - US

What did the tracking order say? Maybe there's hope.
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Last edited by hoppy; Jan 14, 2012 at 11:28 AM.
Old Feb 09, 2012, 04:22 AM
Gusac
Joined Dec 2010
57 Posts
orders over 550 $ stuck for over a month now. some scamming scheme is on , definitely at HK
guslinx is offline Find More Posts by guslinx
Old Feb 29, 2012, 10:25 AM
Canada, ON, Palmerston
Joined Feb 2012
70 Posts
what used to be a good company now corrupt. over 2 weeks and my product has not even been shipped. and it was in stock. dont deal with these clowns
heman37 is offline Find More Posts by heman37
Old Mar 02, 2012, 01:27 AM
Bitten by the RC Bug....
India, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad
Joined Aug 2011
789 Posts
I have this $80 order still in the hands of Hong Kong post. HK took some 7 days and now HK post is taking even longer. (RB345309356HK)
vineet_p is offline Find More Posts by vineet_p
Last edited by vineet_p; Mar 02, 2012 at 01:33 AM.
Old May 25, 2012, 05:20 PM
Joined Dec 2011
6 Posts
I am in agreement. I ordered a gondola for the powered parachute, and it was missing a part. Good luck getting them to respond in a timely manner. They told me to take pictures of every part, the packing box, the packing material, and the packing slip. Well I have already put the thing together except for the missing part, and I already threw out all of the packing materials. It's hard to know if you have the right parts when no parts list is included with the product to compare to. I have given up on them and would rather pay more for a product from a company that provides good customer service.
Drlmack1 is offline Find More Posts by Drlmack1
Old Jun 21, 2012, 01:11 PM
2 new
United States, FL, Pembroke Pines
Joined Jun 2012
45 Posts
I ordered a Bixler sky surfer and camera mount on the 5th of June. It's the 21st and still no order. This will be my first and final time I order anything from HK. 63.66 for shipping is outrageous, especially when they don't even get it ready for delivery right away. You would expect delivery within a week for that price.
RayPaganJr is offline Find More Posts by RayPaganJr
Old Oct 25, 2012, 10:58 AM
13thlevel
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Offensive content (Profanity). It is temporarily hidden while 13thlevel edits it.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 05:04 PM
Joined Sep 2009
1 Posts
edit:
Ok, here is the main summary:
HobbyJester :

1) takes 1-3 weeks minimum to deliver to U.S-west., regardless of shipment option, srsly. (even the most expensive ship)

2) 24 hour live support is fake or broken and needs to be removed as it doesnt work.

3) Customer service is very slow to respond. 3+ days
(when they did, they provided a measured, informative, comprehensive reply that addressed my issue. (yeh, i get it, they're busy.)

4) Clearly many of its business practices have left numerous people severely frustrated. Countless references online of people griping about severe problems interacting with them.

5) Just because they've managed to gain majority market share of RC store market, doesnt mean they're actually providing the best or even a quality experience or service. It just means they've competed and leveraged Chinese uncanny ability to streamline/coordinate manufacturing pipeline /selling on a massive scale. Probly using a network of sub suppliers . Part of the slowness probly.

6) Nice to _Finally_ see a UPS delivery option, rather than usps/hongkong post or ems CN which is pretty much the same now.
8) Shipping anything from HK without using fedex or ups will take 7-10+days (often much longer). (if you can set it and forget it, its a nice surprise when it finally arrives, otherwise you'll biting your nails for 9-14 days. (yes there's no in-between)

9) I'm biting my nails, i'm impatient.

10) I suspect they mark-up their shipment costs to increase profit margin.
11) I suspect they don't have a US warehouse, cuz despite selecting it, products all come from CN.
12) I dont trust them, can you tell ?
13) Still addicted, prolly will still order some stuff. Expectations reset accordingly.

Does anyone have a good suggestion for alternative and reputable RC stores ? (I'm making a list/wiki page)
anonperson is offline Find More Posts by anonperson
Last edited by anonperson; Jul 18, 2013 at 10:53 AM. Reason: distilling
Old Jul 12, 2013, 03:37 AM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
no.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 12, 2013, 11:24 AM
United States, MI, Ann Arbor
Joined Jun 2013
14 Posts
I am getting close to 3wks. now fighting with HK. I never received my order but Instead I received another plane altogether. Now they want me to ship it back to them on my dime. I have submitted a claim with PayPal. I have since ordered and received a wing tiger from another seller and am having a blast with it.
twowheels is offline Find More Posts by twowheels
Old Jul 12, 2013, 04:32 PM
eternal noob
United States, WI, Chetek
Joined Jul 2006
138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post
no.

simple and too the point!
Caphead is offline Find More Posts by Caphead
Old Jul 12, 2013, 08:12 PM