HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 07, 2011, 02:03 PM
United States, MA, Medfield
Joined Jul 2010
848 Posts
Discussion
Two different contact cements stuck like glue

Experiment--

Put water-based Beaon CraftFoam Glue on a piece of FFF (polystyrene foam) and let it dry. (An organic-solvent-based contact cement like Welders or Goop would melt polystyrene).

Put Welders (organic-solvent-based) contact cement on a piece of coroplast (made of polypropylene like EPP) and let it dry.

Stuck them both together.

There ain't no way they're coming apart without tearing the foam to into teeny tiny pieces.

In the past, I tried the Beacon stuff with EPP once with very poor results so I figured I'd never use it again unless I need to use it on polystyrene.

But apparently different types of contact cement are compatible once dried which might be a good trick to know if gluing together dissimilar plastics.

-l2t
learn2turn is offline Find More Posts by learn2turn
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 07, 2011, 06:12 PM
RC Adddict
Canada, BC, Williams Lake
Joined Jan 2010
4,170 Posts
Great now i have to go down stairs and start playing with the 30 odd different glues i have down there , not to mention the different materials
Wilfor is offline Find More Posts by Wilfor