HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 24, 2014, 04:49 PM
Life is a Hobby
Canada, ON, Delhi
Joined Aug 2012
877 Posts
That`s why guys are switching to the Chinese gassers. They are designed to run inverted. The fuel is a lot cheaper than glow and doesn`t leave a mess on the outside of the plane.

I am thinking of buying the TF P51 ARF. The engine will be a DLE20RA gasser. The rear exhaust muffler is 2 7/8 inch wide. Just right for a narrow V12 cowl. I have one in my TF Spitfire balsa kit. Great engine!

Bill
erie_flyer is offline Find More Posts by erie_flyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 25, 2014, 06:28 AM
Joined Jun 2008
358 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lfd47 View Post
Here is my Top Flite P-51D.
I added WingSpan electric retracts 90deg. So far they are durable and work great. Robart 653 struts and a Saito 125 with a Keleo pitts muffler. APC prop painted black and white. I still have to add the landing gear covers. It weighs in at 10lbs and1oz. I had to ad 1.5oz of weight in the tail wheel area.
lfd47; why do you have so much toe out on the main wheels? A little toe out of 1 degree is usually all that is needed. From your photos you must have around 3 or 4 degrees. Maybe you just haven't aligned them properly before taking the photos?

Roger
ForcesR is offline Find More Posts by ForcesR
Old Sep 10, 2014, 02:18 PM
Joined Sep 2014
1 Posts
I ordered mine today

Hi there everyone just joined the site and this thread as i have just bought one of these kits and am excited about getting started in building it. Been looking for good mustang kit for a long time the large scale version of this is amazing but too much work and the ARF version suits me down to the ground.
Its good that many are putting up information on how they are finding the build on this kit and interesting to see that the retracts are mostly being replaced.
Forme I will strip the existing monokote and replace it with full chrome covering to give it a reflective surface and will re-create new graphics based on the one on display at the Hendon Air museum in london.
will keep you all posted on progress and hope that you all could inform me of where you guys got improved parts for all your models.
anyone point me in the right direction for a complete nav lights kit for this model please?

here is the html stand for a link to the images of the one in london
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=mu...G&ved=0CGAQsAQ
autotecart is offline Find More Posts by autotecart
Old Sep 10, 2014, 06:49 PM
United States, CA, Barstow
Joined May 2004
138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by autotecart View Post
Hi there everyone just joined the site and this thread as i have just bought one of these kits and am excited about getting started in building it. Been looking for good mustang kit for a long time the large scale version of this is amazing but too much work and the ARF version suits me down to the ground.
Its good that many are putting up information on how they are finding the build on this kit and interesting to see that the retracts are mostly being replaced.
Forme I will strip the existing monokote and replace it with full chrome covering to give it a reflective surface and will re-create new graphics based on the one on display at the Hendon Air museum in london.
will keep you all posted on progress and hope that you all could inform me of where you guys got improved parts for all your models.
anyone point me in the right direction for a complete nav lights kit for this model please?

here is the html stand for a link to the images of the one in london
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=mu...G&ved=0CGAQsAQ
Call me crazy but I had a chrome monokoted airframe that almost became invisible when turning left or right. That was the first and last plane I would adorn in a chrome finish.
flycatch is offline Find More Posts by flycatch