SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 20, 2007, 08:43 PM
Find More Posts by fomieforme
Joined Apr 2006
87 Posts
Discussion
looking for the Torpedo II

I am looking for plans for the Torpedo II. It is a mid wing oldtimer with a round fuselage. it has a twin vertical stabs on the outer sides. I got a pic of it somewhere and I will try to post it in the next day or so.
fomieforme is offline Find More Posts by fomieforme
to remove ads between posts
Old May 20, 2007, 09:04 PM
Find More Posts by Whizz
Santo, Tx. La Tierra de Dios
Joined Nov 2005
151 Posts
Plans and short kit available here http://www.klarichkits.com/ Whizz
Whizz is offline Find More Posts by Whizz
Old May 20, 2007, 09:37 PM
Find More Posts by av8rsodt
USA, NC, Kernersville
Joined Dec 2004
34 Posts
The Frank Zaic yearbooks also contain the plans for this oldtimer. I believe is either the 1937 or 1938.

Also has the Torpedo I.

Brian
av8rsodt is offline Find More Posts by av8rsodt
Old May 21, 2007, 11:30 AM
RFJ
Find More Posts by RFJ
RFJ
Northern Ireland
Joined Dec 2004
1,979 Posts
Dead right Brian - 1937 Yearbook.

Ray
RFJ is offline Find More Posts by RFJ
Old May 21, 2007, 10:01 PM
Find More Posts by AllanK
Christchurch, New Zealand
Joined Jun 2005
141 Posts
Torpedoes

It should go great. Eiffel 400 is a very good section judging from Profilli and it is a lovely clean model.
The twin rudders should give nice control feel too as the rudders are away from the prop wash so she should respond similarly under power or on the glide.
I attach the IIIa for reference too.

Allan
AllanK is offline Find More Posts by AllanK
Old May 26, 2007, 02:12 AM
Find More Posts by fomieforme
Joined Apr 2006
87 Posts
Whizz, thanks for the site, but their is no Torpedo II currently being offered. I am cry.

Does anyone know where I can get the yearbook or would someone be willing to make me a copy of the plans? I have a magazine from 1995 with this plane in it and I fell in love. I love oldtimers in general, but REALLY loved the looks of this bird. I have built Long Cabin's, Quaker's, Pacific Ace's, B Bombshell's, and even some small oldtimers like the (something)master(help me here, it had a solid balsa side which was then die, or hand, cut and had an undercambered wing, flew on a .049) I wanna call it the schoolmaster maybe.

Anyway, Id be more than willing to pay for time, copies, and shipping, just let me know.
fomieforme is offline Find More Posts by fomieforme
Old May 26, 2007, 04:09 AM
Find More Posts by vintage1
East Anglia, UK
Joined Sep 2002
29,709 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomieforme
Whizz, thanks for the site, but their is no Torpedo II currently being offered. I am cry.

Does anyone know where I can get the yearbook or would someone be willing to make me a copy of the plans? I have a magazine from 1995 with this plane in it and I fell in love. I love oldtimers in general, but REALLY loved the looks of this bird. I have built Long Cabin's, Quaker's, Pacific Ace's, B Bombshell's, and even some small oldtimers like the (something)master(help me here, it had a solid balsa side which was then die, or hand, cut and had an undercambered wing, flew on a .049) I wanna call it the schoolmaster maybe.

Anyway, Id be more than willing to pay for time, copies, and shipping, just let me know.
Haha. At proper rates it would be a thousands bucks..

But that jpeg that has been posted is surely enough to build from..that's the sort if information that people would have used in the original design?
vintage1 is offline Find More Posts by vintage1
Old Jul 04, 2015, 09:32 PM
Find More Posts by wmporada
Joined Jul 2015
1 Posts
Torpedo II plans

Hi,

Bob Holman sells the plans for the Torpedo II and laser cut parts as well. You can contact Bob at BHPlans@aol.com.
wmporada is offline Find More Posts by wmporada
Old Jul 04, 2015, 09:46 PM
Find More Posts by RyanNX211
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Joined Dec 2007
1,620 Posts
Miguel Salvador flew one with a ST 60 years ago. Blown up, of course.
RyanNX211 is offline Find More Posts by RyanNX211
Old Jul 05, 2015, 01:50 AM
Find More Posts by Geoff Potter
Joined Sep 2011
334 Posts
Thought no one had tried this one ,certainly not in Aus ,so thought I would try it for antique with Madewell 49 . Browny cut me two kits and I started this one on Friday ,Sunday arvo and only got this far . Very hard to build the fuse light with strength AND get it straight . Will put a mini servo in each tip of tail for rudder and one in centre for elevator,depending on balance. Hoping for 3.5 to 3.75 lb ready to fly ,anymore makes the Madewell not so competitive . Here's some pics for so far .
Geoff Potter is offline Find More Posts by Geoff Potter
Old Jul 05, 2015, 02:40 AM
Find More Posts by owlsabie
South Africa
Joined Feb 2009
3,379 Posts
That's pretty quick building! Looking good so far
owlsabie is online now Find More Posts by owlsabie
Old Jul 08, 2015, 05:36 AM
Find More Posts by Geoff Potter
Joined Sep 2011
334 Posts
Servos mounted ,fin/ rudders fitted,wheels made and legs done. Engine and tank as well , but have to wait for spark gear from Peter Scott . Very interesting build , spend a lot of time solving build and mounting issues as they will effect balance in the end .
Geoff Potter is offline Find More Posts by Geoff Potter
Old Jul 20, 2015, 03:05 PM
Find More Posts by RyanNX211
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Joined Dec 2007
1,620 Posts
Here's Miguel's 1365 sq in Torpedo at the 98 Champs

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-R9oP-Rg9_u.../unnamed-3.jpg
RyanNX211 is offline Find More Posts by RyanNX211