Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 27, 2012, 11:46 AM
Ninja of the Nasty
Joined Jan 2004
10,642 Posts
Alert
Gotta get the Parker/Vincent group back together at least once

Ive been in contact with Fermin Bill, Dean D.S., Chris B. and a couple others and everyone wants to make it happen since everyone has kind of lost touch and stopped flying or picked up a new local hill or hobby in general.

So what do you guys say? Fun parker day? some Brats (sp) on the grill, a pedal bungee launcher just in case or just for laughs?

I know its not going to be a regular occurrence like it was but i think it would be great to touch base with everyone again. everyone ive talked to wants to meet up to see what everyone's up to now but nobody has made it work.

Well im back ladies and im getting the band back together I know Bowman and Wurts aren't going to be possible but we can try and get people like the San Diego Guys Bill (still suck), jason, gary, spencer, manor, Jon kim?, Ray, Bruce, dean, Fermin Bill, Nation, Chris B, Zwart????
we could have a great afternoon with some food in our bellies and a lot of laughs im sure of it.

lets make this happen! its drive up, the weather is beautiful and hell, if you don't have a plane to fly, take my JW... i just want to see everyone again.

How about we shoot for middle December? or push it further out to January if it means getting more people there?
KingOfTheHill is offline Find More Posts by KingOfTheHill
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 27, 2012, 12:29 PM
Joined Sep 2004
277 Posts
Joe,

I am down for sure!!! Hopefully everyone will chime in and we can get a day that works for everyone,it would be WAY too fun to get everyone back up there, and hopefully Dean will bring his BBQ... (That is not so subtle hint Dean)

I spoke with special Gregg Bolton this morning and he said he would be down for a little flying and I am sure that Marty would be down for it as well...

Let's make it happen!!!

Chris
p.s. it is good to have you back in socal JOe
chris_b is offline Find More Posts by chris_b
Old Nov 27, 2012, 12:41 PM
Ninja of the Nasty
Joined Jan 2004
10,642 Posts
Thanks Chris... Its hard to say "Im glad to be back" considering what i lost and the circumstances but im very happy to have the flying sports still there waiting for me and good friends within an hour or so in all directions.

JOe
Old Nov 27, 2012, 11:37 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Oct 2003
1,174 Posts
Count me in! I think we need a bunch of wings and get some frontside combat & DS combat/furball action. Never fails to put a smile on the face...
sll914 is offline Find More Posts by sll914
Old Nov 28, 2012, 02:13 AM
DS Addict
Christchurch, New Zealand
Joined Jul 2005
5,186 Posts
Do it fellas! Get video too, I would pay to see some good times like I used to watch online in awe ~5 years ago
ALEX HEWSON is online now Find More Posts by ALEX HEWSON
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:26 PM
USA, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Feb 2003
1,153 Posts
A couple of us from Santa Barbara have been dying to try out Parker, we've got some heavy 48 & 60" wings ready for DS combat... staying tuned...
macinr is offline Find More Posts by macinr
Old Nov 29, 2012, 01:08 PM
setting CG with ceiling fan on
USA, CA, Bakersfield
Joined Apr 2010
509 Posts
Perfect excuse for some of the Bako gang to spread their wings a bit.
bluzharp is offline Find More Posts by bluzharp
Old Dec 02, 2012, 05:06 PM
San Diego
Joined Apr 2003
4,280 Posts
Your back in California? I knew it, the sky seems dim, the birds aren't chirping anymore, dean quit sending emails to everyone.

Don't forget the tick (Ben)

B
Bill L is offline Find More Posts by Bill L
Old Dec 04, 2012, 10:28 AM
DS Will Change Your Life!
Parker Mtn / Valencia, CA
Joined Feb 2006
779 Posts
Hey JOe...awesome, good idea..sounds good bro! I'm down for sure!

Mmmm mouth watering, haven't had Deans warm brats in who knows how long (ohh ya like 5+ year ago!! haha)) Actually that kinda sounds bad lol

Its been a long off season for me, Need to build... I need to build my D40 (and my D130!! JM is gonna help me) and like 2-3 JWs and a flying wing that need to be recovered...I'll at least get my JWs and wing going for Parker. If you wanna get some building in soon too that would cool..could meet at parents garage at the bottom of Parker or my house here in Palmdale...I have a big empty garage 10 mins from Vincent or your place. Speaking of Vincent...it was at least 300+mph air there on Sunday...50+ mph gusts, should have grabbed my D60 after work!!

Looking forward to the spring time with ya man, Palm Springs and Weldon are gonna be epic!!

Joe
_Sloper is offline Find More Posts by _Sloper
Old Dec 05, 2012, 06:26 PM
Lancaster, CA.
Joined Aug 2009
300 Posts
Parker Mnt., Sat. and Sun. Santa Ana Winds

Reports are Sat. and Sun.,
Moderate Santa Ana winds. Sunday looks the best.
HiDesertFun is offline Find More Posts by HiDesertFun
Old Dec 10, 2012, 10:05 PM
Ninja of the Nasty
Joined Jan 2004
10,642 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Sloper View Post
Mmmm mouth watering, haven't had Deans warm brats in who knows how long
well.... That is between you two

How about Late January? Last weekend in January... say Saturday Jan 26th?

Gives me some time to get in contact with certain people to get them on the hill with us but this is far enough out that if enough people can't make it we can push it out another weekend??? I know we can't get everybody and thats always damn near impossible but i think there is enough dedication and want to see everyone that im sure there is a strong group of us that will do whatever it takes to get out there.

so, lets do it mang!
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:23 PM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
28,392 Posts
Dunno about pics, but I think I recall you shot many of these vids at Parker and Vincent.
http://thud.us/videos/rc/classicds/

ian
Daemon is online now Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member