Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 02, 2013, 12:50 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,240 Posts
I put some mini pets and u816 prop for a quick spin. And they don't seem much better than the stock set as far as preppiness. But that's just my initial observation.

Still getting used to the X4 and it's TX. Too used to the fine control of the T9x.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2013, 12:58 PM
Hubsan X4 - H36 - V911
Indonesia, Jakarta
Joined Oct 2012
1,140 Posts
Still loving my X4. Still the best out there. I have enough spares and having fun everyday!!
bangkomit is offline Find More Posts by bangkomit
Old Feb 02, 2013, 02:01 PM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
4,961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroHeliManiac View Post
thanks so much for all the info. im placing an order today. 2 more questions (sorry im new to club and still learning the ropes so to speak) can the 202 props be balanced with tape or are they to small? is there a battery from your store you recommend for the x4? thanks again for all your help.
Hey MHM, just about any prop can be balanced with tape. I think prop balancing is more viable on larger quads such as the mini's like the MQX, V9(2,4,5)9 where the props last a little longer. The V202 props are very abrasive resistant and tough, so it may be worth the effort where you can make a set last awhile. Other fragile props such as the X4 and MP are pretty well-balanced compared to others, but once they've been abused, you're really better off replacing them.

All of the batteries will work with the X4, but the Turnigys (out of stock) require some foam strips or other suitable material wrapped around the battery or inserted into the battery tray to take up slack. I personally just stick them in there stock and reseat the battery on a crash or hard landing.

The 25C V202 batteries are probably the best stock-fitting ones we carry for power and punch, while the 300 mAh are more for casual flying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
I've tried various props on the x4, including the 202's and the mini pet's, they all work, but my personal favorite is still the stock set, which seemed the most peppy. Unfortunately stock props are extremely fragile, especially the tips, and you have to constantly bend them back to shape after crashes.
I think the stock props are the most aerodynamic and balanced. The tips are very rounded and even the prop cone is aerodynamic. I think that the MP props provide more thrust, but since the tips are square, are louder and add to the vibration problem.
MassiveOverkill is offline Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: RC Logger Eye One Xtreme
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:06 PM
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Oct 2012
99 Posts
just got 2 extra batts for my x4 from banggood.... holly crap these r hard to fit in ! much thicker than the 1 that came with it !!!

also put the orange and black banggood props on and it sure quieted it down and fly's better in my opinion
rjs62 is offline Find More Posts by rjs62
Last edited by rjs62; Feb 02, 2013 at 06:23 PM.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:30 PM
Hubsan X4 - H36 - V911
Indonesia, Jakarta
Joined Oct 2012
1,140 Posts
All original Hubsan X4 are stil the best fit and performance for it. No need to use other micros part since Hubsan X4 parts are now cheap and easy to get almost anywhere
bangkomit is offline Find More Posts by bangkomit
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:02 PM
semper mitis
Paducah, Kentucky
Joined Nov 2004
925 Posts
The trick to placing and removing batteries is to pry ''gently'' the lower lip of the opening so that the rectangular ''teeth'' are off the battery either partially or completely. If you don't even the smaller sizes can be problematic.
gentle ben is offline Find More Posts by gentle ben
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:37 PM
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Oct 2012
99 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentle ben View Post
The trick to placing and removing batteries is to pry ''gently'' the lower lip of the opening so that the rectangular ''teeth'' are off the battery either partially or completely. If you don't even the smaller sizes can be problematic.
! yah just kinda figured that out ! Thanks ! never really noticed those teeth !
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:47 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,459 Posts
Did you Gents know those teeth are there to hold the lipo connector and keep the wires neat? http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=492
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjs62 View Post
! yah just kinda figured that out ! Thanks ! never really noticed those teeth !
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:11 PM
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Oct 2012
99 Posts
mine and my sons micro flying fleet !

Old Feb 02, 2013, 10:03 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2013
280 Posts
Romeo - thank you for the AMAZING customer service (got my X4 today)

question, for anyone...the Turnigy Nano Tech are long and kind of pinch the power leads coming out of the main board against the upper body, are you guys just mounting these on the bottom with velcro or something as to not wear down the lead wires?
kazkioken is offline Find More Posts by kazkioken
Old Feb 03, 2013, 07:08 AM
United Kingdom, England, Cnwll
Joined Feb 2007
40 Posts
Bind problem?

My Hubsan x4 has been flying really well; but after a rather spectacular crash (did a few cartwheels across soft grass - nothing physically broken) it will now no longer bind. If I turn the TX on and then the Hubsan, the TX beeps but the leds on the quad just keep flashing fast.

Anyone come across this before?
Davejj is offline Find More Posts by Davejj
Old Feb 03, 2013, 07:19 AM
Ain't crashing often anymore
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davejj View Post
My Hubsan x4 has been flying really well; but after a rather spectacular crash (did a few cartwheels across soft grass - nothing physically broken) it will now no longer bind. If I turn the TX on and then the Hubsan, the TX beeps but the leds on the quad just keep flashing fast.

Anyone come across this before?
Possibly the 16MHz crystal got loose.
-mike-
mikefromgermany is offline Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 03, 2013, 04:57 PM
We can rebuild it!
United Kingdom, Wales, Swffryd
Joined Apr 2010
3,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerassassin View Post
hmm, I'm not sure I can do this at the moment as I don't have a proper voltmeter, I just have one of these quick meters.

the Full River 30mAh batteries I got have a discharge rate of 20C. it hadn't occurred to me at the time, but I'm wondering if that's the issue and 10C would have been a better choice. still, I would've expected video recording to last more than 45 seconds.

there are some Full River 50mAh 10C batteries available, maybe I'll try those...
I've got some 30 and 50mAh Fullriver cells knocking about, I'll try them with my 808 next time I get chance.

I was just looking at thread on another forum and HazardPro is using a 300mAh flight cell and a 50mAh cell for camera AND Video Tx, 9 mins of flying around the house from your sofa and big screen TV

http://www.fpvhub.com/index.php/topi...2be71f6ef5#new
djdavies83 is online now Find More Posts by djdavies83
Old Feb 03, 2013, 05:10 PM
We can rebuild it!
United Kingdom, Wales, Swffryd
Joined Apr 2010
3,657 Posts
what do you guys think of these motor savers?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hubsan-X4-...item43b870201a

djdavies83 is online now Find More Posts by djdavies83
Old Feb 03, 2013, 05:19 PM
Get Airborne
Sweden, Skåne County, Hofterup
Joined May 2012
316 Posts
Locks big and heavy, think birds weight will increase 10%.
Stenkryparen is offline Find More Posts by Stenkryparen