HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 18, 2012, 04:06 AM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
4,773 Posts
I've requested for the Chinese manual. I'll do the translation when I received it. At the moment, the description, the inclusion of a card reader, and the "low" price, do not suggest to me that it is capable of "live" display. I hope I'm wrong.
FyreSG is online now Find More Posts by FyreSG
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 18, 2012, 04:12 AM
Joined Jul 2012
442 Posts
probably i's just start/stop video and take pictures, stored on sd card.
but it should be heavy... I really would like to know how much flying performance are affected by that.
Soul Reaver is offline Find More Posts by Soul Reaver
Old Dec 18, 2012, 04:24 AM
Me a long time ago
London N.E. UK
Joined Jan 2007
6,085 Posts
I have recently received my Hubsan X4 and U816. I am getting to grips with them and fortunately I have a large grass field that I fly from. (I need it).
Question.
On the TX of the U816 there are 2 buttons on the top. I have sussed that the one on the right is for other models that have lights, and this would turn them on or off. But what is the button on the left for? When I press it I get a beeping. It does not do anything to the U816 whilst flying.
Flypoppa is online now Find More Posts by Flypoppa
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 18, 2012, 05:00 AM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,290 Posts
The LCD screen isn't in color, it does not have telemetry functions unfortunately, neither can it do FPV...
I'll get a picture from WLToys to show what the tx looks like when it's on.

The camera records to a memory card.
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 18, 2012, 05:08 AM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Dec 2011
1,775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneylopsides View Post
Any ideas on what I could do to make this lighter? Walkera ladybird v2 with a #16v2 camera and TX5813 transmitter.
Only gets about a minute of useable power to climb, but can hold altitude a minute or so more. I seemed to get more than that with the #16 in it's case taped to the canopy!
The wires can be shortened, maybe take out a connector and make the vtx permanently attached to the camera.

u can actually pull off alot of weight.. here is what i did with my v929 to make it a really stable fpv platform with more than 8 minutes flight time... i have flown it more than 220 meters so far, and hope to go further

V929 Sunset FPV 220meter distance (0 min 0 sec)

and more info on dropping weight:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2513
ArchillesElbow is offline Find More Posts by ArchillesElbow
Old Dec 18, 2012, 05:31 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,459 Posts
Nice job A,
There are quite a few 520TVL 1g cameras available now it you want to save even more weight: http://www.ebay.com/itm/170875060109...84.m1438.l2649
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchillesElbow View Post
u can actually pull off alot of weight.. here is what i did with my v929 to make it a really stable fpv platform with more than 8 minutes flight time... i have flown it more than 220 meters so far, and hope to go further

http://youtu.be/hYLgYnmOroQ

and more info on dropping weight:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2513
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Last edited by jesolins; Dec 18, 2012 at 08:52 AM.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 05:41 AM
Joined Dec 2011
1,775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins View Post
Nice job A,
There are quite a few 510TVL 1g cameras available now it you want to save even more weight: http://www.ebay.com/itm/170875060109...84.m1438.l2649
Cheers,
Jim
thanks...yep... but i just ordered the 808 #16 v2 and will mount this (bring it down to 8g first) on the v929...
then i have fpv and hd recording...

that should make a great package.. even better perhaps than the brushed hoten X
Old Dec 18, 2012, 08:30 AM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,439 Posts
FYI, the 6% coupon code is still working for nitroplanes who carries the V929. Just ordered one today for Xmas gift.
Nitroplanes coupon code
Melnic is offline Find More Posts by Melnic
Old Dec 18, 2012, 08:51 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,459 Posts
A,
Just so you know, the #16 has about a .5 second delay in the video out mode. It makes FPV difficult at best.
Cheers,
Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchillesElbow View Post
thanks...yep... but i just ordered the 808 #16 v2 and will mount this (bring it down to 8g first) on the v929...
then i have fpv and hd recording...

that should make a great package.. even better perhaps than the brushed hoten X
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Dec 18, 2012, 08:56 AM
Joined Jul 2012
442 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins View Post
A,
Just so you know, the #16 has about a .5 second delay in the video out mode. It makes FPV difficult at best.
Cheers,
Jim
very useful info, thanks.
Soul Reaver is offline Find More Posts by Soul Reaver
Old Dec 18, 2012, 09:02 AM
Joined Dec 2011
1,775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSRC View Post
Did you check to see if it would bind to the v929's TX? I doubt it, but you never know.
now that I did not know.. I'm still catching up on the forum that's bad news and scuppers the #16 plan
I wonder if there any others...
Old Dec 18, 2012, 09:03 AM
Joined Dec 2011
1,775 Posts
double post
Old Dec 18, 2012, 11:32 AM
Leeds, UK
Joined Dec 2003
393 Posts
Yeah I've noticed the slight delay, I thought it was the TV causing it.
sidneylopsides is offline Find More Posts by sidneylopsides
Old Dec 18, 2012, 11:36 AM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,209 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flypoppa View Post
I have recently received my Hubsan X4 and U816. I am getting to grips with them and fortunately I have a large grass field that I fly from. (I need it).
Question.
On the TX of the U816 there are 2 buttons on the top. I have sussed that the one on the right is for other models that have lights, and this would turn them on or off. But what is the button on the left for? When I press it I get a beeping. It does not do anything to the U816 whilst flying.
You are correct on the upper right button controlling lights on other models such as the u816a

As for the left and the beeping that should signal auto flip mode but with you choosing which way it flips. Next time you're out flying get it about 12 feet up just to get used to the feel even though it basically does everything for you. Hit the button and while it is beeping push your right stick (if yours is mode 2, left stick for mode 1) all the way to one direction, either full forward, backward, left or right. Whichever direction you push your stick it should autoflip in that direction. Once completed the beep will stop
jlcamp7 is online now Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Dec 18, 2012, 01:50 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bangkomit View Post
thanks stone, i will visit the Apliu St!
do you have any info about Shenzhen? I also going to go there before HK
I have not been to Shenzhen, I only know that's where many of the factories are located. I'm not under the impression that Shenzhen is a good place for tourists.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter