Old Sep 18, 2010, 04:02 PM
The Lone Blue Plaid Flyer
Seattle
Joined Jan 2003
7,585 Posts
Cool
Seattle Flt Report for 9-18-10

HI Guys,

Baised on the weather reports from the last 2 days, I was sure I was not going to go flying today. WRONG !!!!!!!!!!! Today turned out to be a GREAT day to fly. It was 70, scattered cumulus clouds, see photo. A light wind 3-5 mph with periods of calm.
I loaded up the car and was at the field by noon. No photographer today so just the usual ground shot for ya. See photo. As I was getting ready to take off, this guy went over at about 400 ft. That was reasuring !! See photo.
This was the second in a series of flight tests on the new fuse for the EZ 400 G ER. I added 1/2 oz of lead to the nose. It was on the aft limit of the CG. I took off and climbed out. It flew better with the CG just a little more forward. Once again I was amazed at how slow it flew. Control responces are smooth and nice. I just flew around for a while getting the feel of it. I then went up to test the spoilers. I poped the spoilers all the way open. Not much happened. It slowly came down a little bit. I did this a few times and got similar results. It does come down, but slowly.
I found some rides going up. It was a fun flight test session. I was up for 40 minutes. I actually shot one of the best landings I have done in a long time. I used the spoilers and was able to land 20 ft. from my feet. That's good for me. The fact that it floats forever in ground effect helped too.
I'm really lovin the slow flying fun this plane now has. On the way home, I was thinking, what would happen if the loaded the Riser 112 wing onto this fuse ??? Huummmmm.........
And that's the way it was here in Seattle, Sept 18, 2010.

Bob in Seattle
Bob Cook is offline Find More Posts by Bob Cook
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Bob Cook; Sep 18, 2010 at 07:45 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 18, 2010, 07:41 PM
United States, CA, Santa Cruz
Joined Sep 2010
10 Posts
Looks like you had a beautiful day at the field But......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Cook View Post
HI Guys,
It was 70, scattered cum. clouds, see photo. A light wind 3-5 mph with periods of calm.

Bob in Seattle
I probably would have spelled out "cumulus" instead of abbreviating it sounds kind of wrong LOL
swizzle stick is offline Find More Posts by swizzle stick
Old Sep 18, 2010, 07:46 PM
Seattle
Joined Jan 2003
7,585 Posts
OK thanks, I fixed that. LOL.........

Bob in Seattle
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 18, 2010, 08:26 PM
Joined Feb 2010
1 Posts
Hi Bob -

Where in Seattle do you fly?

Sean
doghausdev is offline Find More Posts by doghausdev
Old Sep 18, 2010, 09:34 PM
USA, WA, Olympia
Joined Jan 2009
12 Posts
Bob, Here in Olympia it was great flying weather too. Went up to Shelton to a float fly- in and the water was like a sheet of glass until I left around 2, but was still nice here in Olympia until around 6 then the clouds opened up and poured. Was one of the best days on the water I think we have had all year.

Dean
D Cody is offline Find More Posts by D Cody
Old Sep 19, 2010, 06:11 AM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
10,260 Posts
Nice report Bob....always enjoyable.
Kenny Sharp is online now Find More Posts by Kenny Sharp
Old Sep 19, 2010, 07:27 AM
Blueplaidcanard flyer
sdy. ny
Joined May 2007
2,977 Posts
I think the riser wing would be verry happy on that fuse.
rabidrue1 is offline Find More Posts by rabidrue1
Old Sep 19, 2010, 09:33 AM
Good, fast or cheap, pick two
Napa, California
Joined Jul 2006
2,601 Posts
Yes Bob, as Kenny said... always enjoy your flight reports! It looks like you had a fabulous day of weather there for flying. Glad to see that you were able to get out and take advantage of it!

Cheers,

Rob
robh is offline Find More Posts by robh
Old Sep 19, 2010, 10:46 AM
Seattle
Joined Jan 2003
7,585 Posts
Hi Sean,

Actually I fly in S. E. Renton. I use a school play field. I say I'm in Seattle because the rest of the world has never heard of Renton.
Please put your location on your ID area so we know where you are. I see it's your first post, welcome to the group.

Hi Scottie,

Ya know, I just might try the Riser wing on that fuse the next nice day I get. I'll do a CG check and go fly it. We're having fun now.

Hi Dean,

Water landings have to be hard to do. Glad you had some fun. It's about over for the year.

Kenny,

Thanks for stopping by.

Rob,

Yah, it was fun. The nice landing helped. LOL

Bob in Seattle
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 20, 2010, 06:59 AM
RIP Ric
Marietta, GA
Joined Jun 1999
43,312 Posts
Nice one, Bob. Fun evening too, eh?

I spent much of Saturday in the saddle..
..a
Andy W is offline Find More Posts by Andy W
Old Sep 20, 2010, 07:16 PM
Seattle
Joined Jan 2003
7,585 Posts
Hi Andy,

Yes, it was the Seattle Symphony's tribute to Paul Mc Cartney. The place was rocked.

Bob in Seattle
RCG Plus Member