Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 03, 2009, 06:25 AM
What package dear?
USA ILLINOIS
Joined Nov 2002
2,135 Posts
Rant
Blade MFP and the Blade MCP?

How long be for the Blade MFP and the Blade MCP?
Lets face it we are being Strung along because Walkera has had the Micro lama, and 4#3, (FP) and now the 4G3 (CP)
Heli-max Had the Novus (cx) and is now coming out with the Novus (cp)
I guess get as many Blade mcx and versions / upgrades sold before coming out with the next level
All walkera heli will not bind with my DX6i, I guess I may have to switch to the new Walkera computer radio.
Hellysmack is offline Find More Posts by Hellysmack
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 03, 2009, 09:18 PM
What package dear?
USA ILLINOIS
Joined Nov 2002
2,135 Posts
So How is the Walkera WK-2801 2.4GHz Transmitter panning out good bad?
It is my understanding that walkera is gaining respect in the R/C world.
I like my DX6i but if it opens doors to switch brands I am open to that. (DX6i) Itís a Little scary that even trusted brands have their recalls. What is the general opinion of Walkera brand?
Old Apr 03, 2009, 11:11 PM
Lifetime Member
Providence, RI, USA
Joined Dec 1996
2,603 Posts
I believe the heli-max novus fp and cp are just re-branded walkera helis. It would be great to see some sub-micros from e-flite, but I would be surprised to see them anytime soon. The walkera's are actually quite good and it would be difficult for e-flite to be competitive at this stage in the game.

John
JohnM is offline Find More Posts by JohnM
Old Apr 04, 2009, 07:00 AM
What package dear?
USA ILLINOIS
Joined Nov 2002
2,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM
I believe the heli-max novus fp and cp are just re-branded walkera helis. It would be great to see some sub-micros from e-flite, but I would be surprised to see them anytime soon. The walkera's are actually quite good and it would be difficult for e-flite to be competitive at this stage in the game.

John
I was thinking the Walkera Micro lama, came out first and the Blade MCX still did well.
Old Apr 04, 2009, 09:36 AM
Lifetime Member
Providence, RI, USA
Joined Dec 1996
2,603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellysmack
I was thinking the Walkera Micro lama, came out first and the Blade MCX still did well.
Yes, you right about that, so who knows, maybe they will.

John
JohnM is offline Find More Posts by JohnM
Old Apr 18, 2010, 09:28 PM
Joined Feb 2008
85 Posts
I'd like to see a Blade mCP.
Justin Stuart is offline Find More Posts by Justin Stuart
Old Apr 18, 2010, 09:40 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,991 Posts
I like my elfite MCX and CP pro2 but I love the walkera 4#6. Eflite has done an GREAT job with the MSR. Soooo I'm guessing that they are working on a Eflite version of the 4#6 and 4g6 with the 3axis gyro, maybe a little bigger.
NaterPin is online now Find More Posts by NaterPin
Old Apr 18, 2010, 10:25 PM
Joined Feb 2008
85 Posts
I hope they don't come up with anything bigger. I already have a Trex 250. It would be nice to have a 3D DSM2 heli which can be flown in my living room.
Old Apr 18, 2010, 10:33 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,427 Posts
I can't see this happening at all. Unlike Walkera, EFlight has to provide good customer support. It's the only way they can justify their prices. A tiny CP heli is a lot more complex than an MSR and a whole lot easier to bang into wall and break something. That has the earmark of a customer support disaster.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Apr 19, 2010, 01:30 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2009
9,377 Posts
While we're dreaming, I want a submicro CP flybarless palmcopter that because of its lightness can hit things and not break, like existing palmcopters can do. Might as well make it a triblade rotor while you're at it. Oh, and vectored thrust (rotorless) tail. And I want it to cost $120 BNF. Oh OK, $150.

Unconfirmed, that Esky has a triblade flybarless CP in the works.

I also want a solid gold toilet seat, but it's just not in the cards now is it? Besides being cold on yer heiny.
arbilab is offline Find More Posts by arbilab
Old Apr 20, 2010, 05:34 AM
What package dear?
USA ILLINOIS
Joined Nov 2002
2,135 Posts
I think the technology is there for a E-flight MCP, add a servo add another channel or two to the 5IN1.
It would still be lighter and more durable than anything on the market.
I think it will come out after the hype cools down on the MSR and SR and just before fall / Christmas.
They also must have the SR established as the CP FOR THE NEXST STEP AFTER THE MSR!
Otherwise there will be tons of bone heads thinking the MCP is the next step after the MSR.
A MCP will be more of a (CP) intermediate to expert in skill level.
It is a matter of timing and marketing approach. It is a no brainer really, I think we will see it happen if not this fall next year. Just what I think
Old Jul 18, 2010, 10:38 AM
Fly/Drive. Crash. Repare.
USA, WA, Spokane or USA, ID, Rathdrum
Joined Mar 2010
141 Posts
They came out with a Blade SR 120 but it is not CP, it is FP.{VERY DISAPPOINTED}
I am waiting for the Blade mCP collective pitch.

Unhappy,
funrchelis
funrchelis is offline Find More Posts by funrchelis
Old Jul 18, 2010, 04:48 PM
What package dear?
USA ILLINOIS
Joined Nov 2002
2,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by funrchelis View Post
They came out with a Blade SR 120 but it is not CP, it is FP.{VERY DISAPPOINTED}
I am waiting for the Blade mCP collective pitch.

Unhappy,
funrchelis
I did not see that coming (120 SR that is)

From what I hear many were not happy with the giant step up to the SR. The SR would have been better as a BNF or RTF with a DX6i, but they seem to like to sell new pilots extra TXs.

If they were smart they would sell an optional head with a 90* flybar for the 120 SR, to prepare for the next step of a CP/SR.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 04:53 PM
Joined Jan 2010
1,126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Stuart View Post
I hope they don't come up with anything bigger. I already have a Trex 250. It would be nice to have a 3D DSM2 heli which can be flown in my living room.
Buy a walkera and put a spektrum RX in it...
Gadflyii is offline Find More Posts by Gadflyii
Old Jul 18, 2010, 05:34 PM
Joined Feb 2008
85 Posts
^^^ Is that even possible?