HorizonHobby.com Shop our Airplanes Products Shop our Surface Products
Old Feb 09, 2016, 10:46 AM
Find More Posts by jwellsy
United States, IL, Champaign
Joined Aug 2012
1,636 Posts
Discussion
Techone Lazy-Flyer

I couldn't find a thread on these, so I'll start one.

http://www.techonehobby.com/product/lazy-flyer/

I picked up one of the Techone Lazy-Flyers at E'Fest this past weekend. It's a 1000mm/39.4" EPO PNP for less than $80. Mine had the servo's, esc, motor and control horns preinstalled.

The ailerons and elevators have foam hinges so they need some Blenderm or FoamTac.

The H-stab keys nicely into the fuse but you still have to be careful gluing it in to keep it straight, I used a tape measure to verify the tips were equal distance from the nose.

The rudder has CA hinges with precut slots, so that was easy as could be.

The control surface horns are pre-installed very nicely. They are not glued, mine has screws and backing plates holding them on.

The battery hatch even has a nice spring latch.

The build is real straight forward and I can't see anyone having a problem with that.

I did hear from one pilot that the ailerons have almost no effect due to the dihedral wing tips and it takes so much rudder that you have to fly it pretty much as a 3 channel. So what he did was set the ailerons up as flaperons so they're useful for something and that slowed the Lazy Flyer down to a crawl.
There's a tube video that substantiates ineffective ailerons.
Techone Hobby - Lazy Flyer Maiden Flight (4 min 1 sec)

I have read of a few instances of the esc's overheating and not lasting, but that shouldn't be much of a surprise at this price point for the whole thing.

The graphics are really nice. But, I hate the name. I stripped off all the advertising and Lazy Flyer name stickers. I'll probably call it my T1 Bee.

The weather has turned nasty again, so it will be a while before it will maiden. I'll get some pictures when it does maiden.

So far I have not been disappointed at all for something at this price point.
jwellsy is online now Find More Posts by jwellsy
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2016, 03:18 PM
Find More Posts by lazyflyer18
Joined Feb 2016
1 Posts
the techone lazyflyer

You will enjoy the lazyflyer, I bought the parts and put my own gear in it I also moved my tail feather servos forward because of tail heavy some I also used my own landing wire and funcub wheels anyway if rolls and does tricks just fine a 370 motor and auw 19oz flys the best low wing loading one of my favorites so far.
lazyflyer18 is offline Find More Posts by lazyflyer18