Old Jan 18, 2016, 01:35 PM
Find More Posts by Dragon 2
Fly Fly Fly Crash
United States, CO, Montrose
Joined Aug 2005
3,450 Posts
Discussion
Radian umx motor

It seems like my motor is running slow and cutting out. It does have a million flights on it. Is it hard to replace. It looks like it is glued in place. Should I send it in or is this something I can do?
Dragon 2 is online now Find More Posts by Dragon 2
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2016, 08:28 PM
Find More Posts by mawz
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Nov 2015
524 Posts
It's certainly user replaceable. Might take a little persuading though.

Best ask in the UMX Radian thread in Micro RTF, a few guys there have done the replacement.
mawz is offline Find More Posts by mawz
Old Jan 19, 2016, 02:19 PM
Find More Posts by Dragon 2
Fly Fly Fly Crash
United States, CO, Montrose
Joined Aug 2005
3,450 Posts
Thanks . I dove into it and got it out. After cutting away as much of the silicon caulk as possible , I pushed it out backwards from the front. It just unplugs in the back. I have a new one on the way.
Dragon 2 is online now Find More Posts by Dragon 2
Old Jan 25, 2016, 03:36 PM
Find More Posts by JWDen
United States, GA, Roswell
Joined Aug 2014
380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon 2 View Post
Thanks . I dove into it and got it out. After cutting away as much of the silicon caulk as possible , I pushed it out backwards from the front. It just unplugs in the back. I have a new one on the way.
I was able to do that with my Sport Cub S, but the UMX radian glue was so hard I ended up damaging the foam the motor mount was set in. This made the repair much more difficult and touchy.
JWDen is offline Find More Posts by JWDen