New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 07, 2016, 04:38 AM
Find More Posts by vmsda
Portugal, Lisbon
Joined Sep 2015
88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclops13 View Post
I think you need to have the latest HT8 module to switch between 3 and 6 modes. It's the silver label accelerometer version.
It seems that they have run out of silver labels and are shipping the latest version regardless of label colour.
vmsda is offline Find More Posts by vmsda
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 08, 2016, 02:27 AM
Find More Posts by Cieran67
Germany, NRW, Münster
Joined Jan 2016
7 Posts
Hi,
I just received my HMX280 from Banggood. I ordered it without TX and RX after having checked that it was possible to use a different Setup due to the flightcontroller being a CC3D with the standard PPM capabilities...

I started the setup following the steps from the HISKY-Video on YouTube an all worked perfectly well (thanks for the excellent work !). All Telemetrie, functions and stuff controlled by the OpenPilot GCS worked perfectly and I was quite happy....

...until I tried the Receiver Setup Wizard...

I configured my TX and RX (a German Graupner MC-20 TX an GR-24 RX) to SUMO 08 (tried 04 to 12 as well) and hooked ot up to the CC3D board on the receiver port as it say in many a forum.
Ich triple checked the pins to get +5V, GND and signal right...
I configured my TX to mode 2 and verified the binding between TX and RX. No problem...
The Problem was that, after starting the Transmitter Setup Wizard, choosing ACRO and mode 2, I found no way to make the board receive any PPM from my RX.
I found that the board´s default setting for the receiver-port was PPM+PWN+NoOneShot. I tried PPM+NoOneShot as well as all the other options to no avail.

I found many posts stating there was no problem to hook up other receivers with the CC3D in general and the HMX280-CC3D in special.

Could someone from HISKY please help ?

An answer to the following questions might help already:

- Does the PPM the HMX280-CC3D uses differ from the usual CC3D-PPM ? If yes, please give me a hint on how it does...

- What would be the normal setting for the receiver-port in OpenPilot to connect the HISKY-RX or an other RX ? (for example: the port just has three Pins... Does the "pin 8-option" of the normal CC3D apply ?)

- Do you have a list or any Information on transmitter/receiver combinations of other vendors that work with the HMX280-CC3D ?

I would be very grateful for any help you could give because I´d really like to fly the Talon !
So would 6 (!) other people who ordered the HMX280 when I did and have a similar TX/RX-setup...

Thank you very much in advance for any help you could give !

All the best,
Andreas

11.02.2016:
p.s. I have -by now- tried the CC3D with Cleanfilght but that did not prove any better.
I found a post that stated that the TauLabs-firmware had the HOTT-PPM inplemented, so I tried to install that. Eventhough the CC3D has the V4 bootloader as required for TauLabs, the GCS could not find the HMX-CC3D valid....
Being quite a newbie to the "real" copters, I am at a loss now...

Since I don´t even know what setting to the receiver-port is the correct one... From what I have read so far it should be PPM+NoOneShot...
Or does the HMX-CC3D use the Pin-8-option ?

Could anybody please help ? I desperately want to get to fly it !!!

p.s. I tried to find a contact at HISKY.. Does anybody know how to reach customer Support ?
Cieran67 is offline Find More Posts by Cieran67
Last edited by Cieran67; Yesterday at 03:22 AM.
Old Feb 08, 2016, 07:21 PM
Find More Posts by pmcbs
Joined Sep 2003
21 Posts
Does the HT8 work?? I have been searching for anybody that has it working with all functions on a DX6 - DX7 - DX8.
pmcbs is online now Find More Posts by pmcbs
Old Feb 09, 2016, 02:28 PM
Find More Posts by cyclops13
United States, FL
Joined May 2014
98 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcbs View Post
Does the HT8 work?? I have been searching for anybody that has it working with all functions on a DX6 - DX7 - DX8.
Well it worked pretty good with my 9X loaded with ER9X.
cyclops13 is offline Find More Posts by cyclops13
Old Feb 10, 2016, 07:35 AM
Find More Posts by limmacslim
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jun 2012
1,213 Posts
Same here, I have used a couple of different versions of the HT8 with a 9X radio & opentx FW (also stock FW). Never had any issues, works great.
limmacslim is offline Find More Posts by limmacslim