SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 04, 2013, 05:31 PM
Wind Powered
United States, CA, Goleta
Joined Oct 2004
538 Posts
Looking good Tim. I can't wait to buy one of these!
george@dream-flight is offline Find More Posts by george@dream-flight
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 09, 2013, 08:38 PM
ltc
AMA 97737
United States, MA, Mendon
Joined Mar 2010
2,775 Posts
Is there a scheduled release date?

IIRC, Hobbyzone often includes a free AnyLink with most Flyzone planes.
This one and the upcoming Eraze look very promising.

http://secure.hobbyzone.com/cgi-bin/...Z&ADD=FLZA3342
ltc is online now Find More Posts by ltc
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:54 AM
Tim Lampe; Hobbico R&D
Champaign, IL
Joined Dec 2009
3,905 Posts
That Eraze is a hoot - I got the opportunity to fly one on a couple of occasions. Quite "zyppy" (fast!) and really maneuverable, but won't do anything you didn't tell it to (nothing unexpected).

No rigid schedule for the Hadron at this time. Based on what I know presently I'd say early summer.

(Thanks George!)

Tim
KRProton is offline Find More Posts by KRProton
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:56 AM
ltc
AMA 97737
Joined Mar 2010
2,775 Posts
Signed up for a pre-order sale on the Eraze. Will need to buy an AnyLink cable, since none my equipment is compatible.

Waiting to find a site that offers pre-order as well for the Hadron.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 01:02 PM
United States, MO, Fenton
Joined Jan 2012
2,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltc View Post
Signed up for a pre-order sale on the Eraze. Will need to buy an AnyLink cable, since none my equipment is compatible.

Waiting to find a site that offers pre-order as well for the Hadron.
Tower will when they get closer to release. I pre-ordered the Eraze a couple weeks ago.
Fentonflyers is offline Find More Posts by Fentonflyers
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 11, 2013, 01:08 PM
ltc
AMA 97737
Joined Mar 2010
2,775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fentonflyers View Post
Tower will when they get closer to release. I pre-ordered the Eraze a couple weeks ago.
Thank you.
I saw the Eraze on both Tower and Hobbyzone. As I posted earlier in this thread, Hobbyzone offers you a free AnyLink module when you purchase the $99 Eraze ARF (if you purchase the RTF, they offer you a free flight battery instead since it comes with the Tactic transmitter).

It seemed to be a slightly better deal from Hobbyzone rather than Tower for this reason. If I already had an AnyLink ($25), then I would have purchased from Tower.

So far, no one has much information on the Hadron.
Has anyone heard pricing estimates for the Hadron? I am assuming perhaps a bit more expensive than the Eraze, simply due to the larger size and VT unit?
Old Feb 11, 2013, 01:15 PM
Joined Jan 2012
2,522 Posts
Not sure what they will price at. I am thinking in the $250 range but who knows. I joined Towers club last year and it's well worth it. They run free ship on $99 at least 2 weeks out of the month and you get shipping at $150. They also give you disount codes to use which typically amount to 15% discount if you mind the way you make purchases. Good company to deal with.
Jay
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 11, 2013, 01:55 PM
ltc
AMA 97737
Joined Mar 2010
2,775 Posts
Yes, I too joined the Tower Club, $9.99 IIRC.
I haven't received any discount coupons/codes (15% as you mentioned), just emails regarding free shipping.

If I was offered a 15% coupon from them, I would immeidately purchase the Futaba 18MZ from Tower.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 04:55 PM
Joined Jan 2012
2,522 Posts
The discounts come as rebates for x dollars spent. They usually cap it off so you can't reap those benefits on the big ticket items. Around the hollidays they had big rebates that you could do that with(I have $120 coming off my new Futaba 14fg) but that is the only time I have seen it so far. I usually break up orders to stay at the price point where the rebate makes the most perctent off. If you look at their current offer on the main page of the site you will get what I am saying. As a member you get a bigger discount at each of those levels.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:09 PM
Dacula, GA
Joined Feb 2008
3,840 Posts
Yeah, this looks promising. I had an original Strkyer and it was fun enough but without spending to get a fairly expensive motor mount it kept breaking and I got tired of it. Hoping this comes with a sturdier mount. Love the looks of it so I'll probably be getting one.
rpstar is offline Find More Posts by rpstar
Old Feb 13, 2013, 08:46 PM
Lusby, MD 20657
Joined Mar 2001
503 Posts
Rpstar you should try the Stryker Q. It's is fast and very maneuverable.
pdansalvish is offline Find More Posts by pdansalvish
Old Mar 18, 2013, 03:29 PM
Tim Lampe; Hobbico R&D
Champaign, IL
Joined Dec 2009
3,905 Posts
Got out with a Hadron prototype during a break in the winter weather the other day and captured some I-phone "spy" video. We'll have the full, professional video up ASAP, but here's something to look at in the mean time;

Flyzone Hadron vectoring thrust electric-powered radio controlled model airplane (2 min 35 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by KRProton; Mar 18, 2013 at 05:41 PM.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 03:33 PM
ltc
AMA 97737
Joined Mar 2010
2,775 Posts
The least you could do is offer to share after showing the video.
Looks pretty good.

It's on my "when can I pre-order" list. The Eraze is scheduled to arrive via UPS tomorrow.
A quick receiver change, battery charge and .... then wait for weather
Old Mar 18, 2013, 03:46 PM
USA, IL, Champaign
Joined Jul 2005
1,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRProton View Post
Got out with a Hadron prototype during a break in the winter weather the other day and captured some I-phone "spy" video;
Looking good Tim, looks like she really moves on 3s! When you get a chance, please share your thoughts on the Hadron's flight characteristics. I would like to know what you are doing with the radio/sticks for the entering the crazy spins and how you get out of them.
Phoenex is offline Find More Posts by Phoenex
Old Mar 18, 2013, 04:42 PM
Tim Lampe; Hobbico R&D
Champaign, IL
Joined Dec 2009
3,905 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltc View Post
The least you could do is offer to share after showing the video.
Looks pretty good.

It's on my "when can I pre-order" list. The Eraze is scheduled to arrive via UPS tomorrow.
A quick receiver change, battery charge and .... then wait for weather
Hey, come on down to Champaign and you could probably give it a try!

Tim
RCG Plus Member