HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 06, 2007, 07:33 PM
Lester, Al
Joined Mar 2005
599 Posts
Discussion
Loening Amphibians

I have been collecting information the last few years on the Loening Amphibians.

I have managed to scan quite a few photos at the national Archives and have found a group of prints by Willis L. Nye in the 1958 Model Airplane News.

Prior to starting a set of model drawings I am curious if anyone knows of a set of model plans already in existing.

I am not particular on scale as I can scale as needed.
pipescs is offline Find More Posts by pipescs
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 06, 2007, 09:36 PM
Student of Ivan
El Paso, Illinois
Joined Apr 2006
725 Posts
They've been announcing it on their website for some time, but Classic Aero has a 1/12 scale Loening Amphibian in the works. Apparently they had the prototype at Toledo this year but I've heard no recent updates on it.

John
mountainman2442 is offline Find More Posts by mountainman2442
Old Dec 09, 2007, 02:13 PM
a.k.a. skcope
Trumbull, CT
Joined Feb 2007
291 Posts
I have scanned these plans of the OL-9 from the March 1982 issue of Flying Models. It was originally designed as a rubber powered model by Fulton Hungerford who built museum-quality rubber powered models and is probably most well-known in free flight circles for his spoked wheels. This image could be plugged into a tiling program like Tileprint (available from http://blackflight.com/ ) and scaled to whatever size you prefer. If you are interested in the actual article, I can scan that for you also. Hope this helps.
-Scott
AVGDAY is offline Find More Posts by AVGDAY