HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 26, 2004, 03:38 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,517 Posts
Li Saver

I did a search and got many hits but still could not find this device listed so here goes.

http://www.flydma.com/flydmahome.asp

Connects between receiver and ESC (tap to battery)and auto detects number of cells (li Poly) 2-12 in series and sets low voltage cut off at 3 volts per cell.
It provides a soft (pulsed) motor cutoff much like the brushed motor controller such as the AI/Robities FX35 which I used years ago and still do only now I can also use my cobalt motors and older speed controllers with Li Poly above two cells and not damage them.
Another use which I have tried is setting the Castle Creation for 6V. and then using the LI-Saver in line so that 2 or three cell packs can be used without having to reprogram the CC.
The Li Saver works great and one thing I really like about it is that when it pulses the motor there is a more solid cut off and on than with the CC soft stop and it is much easier to detect.

Charles
everydayflyer is online now Find More Posts by everydayflyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 26, 2004, 04:14 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,517 Posts
One other use which I failed to mention is with many of the park flyer brushed speed controllers which have a 3.7 V. cutoff which is way to low for even a 2 cell Li Poly pack. I have several of these and great care must be used to avoid damage to the batteris.

Charles
everydayflyer is online now Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Dec 05, 2004, 11:39 AM
just another $$$ hobby
Rustburg, Virginia, United States
Joined Aug 2004
1,033 Posts
thanks for clearifing things for me.
radcast2 is offline Find More Posts by radcast2