HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 03, 2014, 09:00 PM
AMA 14680
Northern Nevada
Joined Mar 2007
1,581 Posts
Discussion
High Sierra Radio Control Club, Carson City, NV

Welcome to the HSRCC RC Groups Thread. The purpose of this thread is to improve communications within our club and allow us to communicate with other clubs and their members who have an interest in HSRCC activities.

As an example... Our first event of the year took place on New Years Day. Our annual "Frozen Finger Fun-fly was the most successful ever. We had eighteen flyers and about forty airplanes. Event coordinator Gary Fuller did a great job as usual.

Vince Euse was flying his new Quad copter and sent this photo. Also... Jim Ashbrook sent me this link. Note Steve Hinton is flying the Corsair.

AIR RACE (3 min 36 sec)

You need to register to be able to post in this thread. It is easy and a lot of fun, not to mention all of the information about our hobby that will be available to you. Hope to see you here soon.. Bob Jones, President, HSRCC
Foamenator is offline Find More Posts by Foamenator
Last edited by Foamenator; Jan 03, 2014 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Correction
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2014, 06:52 AM
AMA 14680
Northern Nevada
Joined Mar 2007
1,581 Posts
HSRCC Election of Officers for 2014

Th club held it's election of officers for 2014 at the the October, 2013 meeting.
Here are the results:

President Bob Jones
Vice-president Don Morse
Secretary Open
Treasurer Frank Gomez
Field Marshal Tom Reinbolt
Safety Officer Alex Dreiling
Webmaster Dan Etcheto
Newsletter Editor Bob Jones

The position of Secretary was filled by Dave Vandenberg who volunteered for the position.
Last edited by Foamenator; Jan 04, 2014 at 08:04 AM. Reason: Update info
Old Jan 04, 2014, 06:46 PM
United States, CA, El Dorado Hills
Joined Apr 2010
59 Posts
Hi Guys !!

Good Idea, Bob.

Thanks,
Jim Ashbrook
LakeTahoeJim is offline Find More Posts by LakeTahoeJim
Old Jan 04, 2014, 08:47 PM
AMA 14680
Northern Nevada
Joined Mar 2007
1,581 Posts
HSRCC Schedule of Events for 2014

Attached is our schedule of events for 2014. We will post details of each event as needed. Please post any questions or comments you have about the events here in the thread and/or contact the appropriate Event Coordinator.
Old Jan 04, 2014, 10:35 PM
AMA 14680
Northern Nevada
Joined Mar 2007
1,581 Posts
Frozen Finger Fun-Fly January 1, 2014

Well our first event in on the books and in the can for 2014. Many thanks to Gary
Fuller for coordinating this great event. Here is a note from Gary about the event.

"It dawned clear and crisp on day one of 2014. There were many flights with some being more successful than others. Lance Morrison managed to have the first crash of the year but it was a mere bump in the flying experience compared to me loosing my wing on the Swizzle Stik more than ten hands high. Some excitement came about when a Nieuport flew over the end of the tables and the sunshades before getting back onto the field for trimming. In addition to our local flyers, pilots came from Gardnerville, Reno and Fernley. Keeping us warm was hot coffee and chocolate plus blueberry muffins, crispy crunches, German cake and cookies. Thanks to all who brought goodies. One of the highlights was seeing the beautiful scale C-45 twin making low passes and rolls over the field. This Frozen Finger Fun Fly had more aircraft and pilots than ever before. Next year we will be bigger and better if the temperature goes up to 70's due to Global Warming. Meanwhile, keep dreaming we hope to see you next year at the same place and the same time. Thanks for coming and here are some of the flyers and their planes. Gary Fuller"
Old Jan 05, 2014, 03:57 PM
AMA 14680
Northern Nevada
Joined Mar 2007
1,581 Posts
HSRCC Frozen Finger Fun-Fly Jan 1, 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamenator View Post
Well our first event in on the books and in the can for 2014. Many thanks to Gary
Fuller for coordinating this great event. Here is a note from Gary about the event.

"It dawned clear and crisp on day one of 2014. There were many flights with some being more successful than others. Lance Morrison managed to have the first crash of the year but it was a mere bump in the flying experience compared to me loosing my wing on the Swizzle Stik more than ten hands high. Some excitement came about when a Nieuport flew over the end of the tables and the sunshades before getting back onto the field for trimming. In addition to our local flyers, pilots came from Gardnerville, Reno and Fernley. Keeping us warm was hot coffee and chocolate plus blueberry muffins, crispy crunches, German cake and cookies. Thanks to all who brought goodies. One of the highlights was seeing the beautiful scale C-45 twin making low passes and rolls over the field. This Frozen Finger Fun Fly had more aircraft and pilots than ever before. Next year we will be bigger and better if the temperature goes up to 70's due to Global Warming. Meanwhile, keep dreaming we hope to see you next year at the same place and the same time. Thanks for coming and here are some of the flyers and their planes. Gary Fuller"
Here are some more pics from the big day.. Bob
Old Jan 05, 2014, 10:46 PM
Official Boat Bum
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Mar 2000
7,016 Posts
Well done guys you always put on a great event ~ always friendly and fun!
Eddie P is online now Find More Posts by Eddie P
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 06, 2014, 07:19 AM
AMA 14680
Northern Nevada
Joined Mar 2007
1,581 Posts
2014 Aces Award

A select committee of Sunday morning flyers was able to track down the 2013 "Aces Award" Winner Mr. Ron Rohn at Pony Express Park and properly present him with his award.

HSRCC awards this trophy each year, to the member who " brings down the most friendly aircraft during the year". Ron worked hard to be the recipient this year.

At the end of 2014 Ron will be able to pass the award to this year's winner. assuming of course, he doesn't win it again. You will note from the list of names on the permanent plaque that duplicate winners are not uncommon. BJ

Many thanks to Lance Morrison for the photos.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 12:21 AM
Official Boat Bum
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Mar 2000
7,016 Posts
I wanted to thank you guys at the High Sierra Club for the good fellowship on Sunday. Aside from the epic weather we had (more like fall, not like winter) - this club has a very high caliber of pilot and builder, and the runway is top notch not to mention the facilities like table tops, shade areas, etc. What a great place to fly, chat and watch some good RC operations in effect!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 29, 2014, 06:05 PM
AMA 14680
Northern Nevada
Joined Mar 2007
1,581 Posts
You are always welcome.

It is always our pleasure to have you down. Your FW-190 was a treat for all of us. See you again soon I hope. Bob J.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie P View Post
I wanted to thank you guys at the High Sierra Club for the good fellowship on Sunday. Aside from the epic weather we had (more like fall, not like winter) - this club has a very high caliber of pilot and builder, and the runway is top notch not to mention the facilities like table tops, shade areas, etc. What a great place to fly, chat and watch some good RC operations in effect!
Old Jan 31, 2014, 05:09 PM
AMA 14680
Northern Nevada
Joined Mar 2007
1,581 Posts
Snow Day 1-31-14

Well I invited you.... and you should have been there.

It was one of the prettiest days to fly you would ever want. Gary and I arrived about 10:15 a,m. and Vince Euse had already made several flights.

We unloaded and took off. Gary was flying his S-Ray on skis. It flew perfectly, even when the muffler fell off. (Paul... will you look for it during the spring thaw?). Engine didn't die, so Fuller just kept flying.

I flew my Dynam Beaver on skis I made from scratch using Gary's ski molding tool. They work great and the Beaver handled them with no problems. I also flew my Calypso. Take offs in the snow were a breeze with a gentle toss compliments of Mr. Fuller. Greasing it in on the snow was a piece of cake.

Vince flew his Multiplex Fun Cub several times, as well as his 3D foamie and Don Morse came out with his Neuiport 17. Hand launched with no skis, and it flew great.

The day was absolutely fantastic. No wind, lots of sunshine and about 40 degrees temp. You couldn't ask for better.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 07:26 PM
Official Boat Bum
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Mar 2000
7,016 Posts
Wow I head out to Asia and look what happened. Snow! At least my yard won't catch fire if I drop my sunglasses now!
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 10, 2014, 07:46 PM
Official Boat Bum
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Mar 2000
7,016 Posts
Anyone flying tomorrow?
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 10, 2014, 09:28 PM
AMA 14680
Northern Nevada
Joined Mar 2007
1,581 Posts
Flying tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie P View Post
Anyone flying tomorrow?
There should be some people out there. I'll come out about 10:00 myself. Bob
Old Feb 26, 2014, 03:39 AM
AMA 14680
Northern Nevada
Joined Mar 2007
1,581 Posts
Flying HIgh for Veterans 2014

We have started planning for our "Flying High For Veterans" event on September 27th. This event is dedicated to raising money for the benefit of the Veterans Guest House in Reno.

Our first VGH event was quite successful and this year we expect it to be even better. This year we will be charging the public $2.00 for parking with proceeds going to the Veterans Guest House. We will also have a gigantic raffle. Tickets will be $20.00 with an approximate "one in ten" chance of winning a nice prize. Inf addition food and refreshments will be available

Our theme will be military and we would like to have as many as possible military type models flying and available for static displays.

We want to invite all the surrounding clubs to participate. We will need the support of all of our club members to help manage the parking and traffic this year. It is going to be huge. BJ