Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 19, 2013, 03:53 AM
Joined Sep 2013
3 Posts
Discussion
new helicopter

Hello,
I have been flying an Evolve 300cx with the sensors on it. This heli seems to be hard to work on and a small crash can do a lot of damage. I do not want/ need the crash sensors anymore (they seldom work anyway). I am still flying coaxial. I like the size of the Evolve. Does anybody have any ideas of something like it. I want to stay in the coaxial category but want a little more of a challenge. I am trying to work my way up to a Blade 300 that I have but I am not quite ready to fly it.
Thanks,
Glassmaster
glassmaster is offline Find More Posts by glassmaster
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 19, 2013, 08:09 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,279 Posts
A Blade CX2 is your only practical choice. But, coaxes are not durable; too much weight and too many moving parts. As learning tools they aren't much good, as their flight characteristics do not match any conventional heli. They are really for the kind of person who is just looking to have a little fun, without serious effort.
Balr14 is online now Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Sep 19, 2013, 02:33 PM
United States, HI, Keaau
Joined Aug 2013
790 Posts
the Evolve 300cx is a pretty safisticated helicopter... lots of things that can break... the cx2 is a really well thought out heli with proven production refinements... it should also be more controlable..

but if you need durability to get more flying time in you may want to consider stepping down to a 3 channel coaxial that pretty much flys its self.. like a Syma s301g or which is a little smaller than yours but about the same size as the cx2.. or the larger s33g..
mihcmac is offline Find More Posts by mihcmac
Last edited by mihcmac; Sep 19, 2013 at 02:48 PM.