HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 24, 2013, 09:10 AM
Joined Oct 2012
212 Posts
..it's only a week to July 1st... is this build-off happening?

Regards
harry
Harry Rule is offline Find More Posts by Harry Rule
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 24, 2013, 09:58 AM
I like real wooden aeroplanes!
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
4,419 Posts
Yes Harry, the Build Off thread will be posted on June 30th inviting entries.
Sundancer is offline Find More Posts by Sundancer
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 24, 2013, 01:08 PM
United Kingdom, England, Gt Man
Joined Jul 2012
266 Posts
Sorry the choice is too much to contemplate, Multi planes Tripe and Bipe, Pre 1950 USA anything, or TOMBOY one design. I might take a break like the Colonel but when it gets started I might be drawn in, who knows. KBO
Sky Jiver is offline Find More Posts by Sky Jiver
Old Jun 24, 2013, 03:59 PM
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
4,419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Jiver View Post
Sorry the choice is too much to contemplate, Multi planes Tripe and Bipe, Pre 1950 USA anything, or TOMBOY one design. I might take a break like the Colonel but when it gets started I might be drawn in, who knows. KBO
Eh Brian??? I don't recall mentioning pre-1950 USA or a Tomboy one design build off??
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 26, 2013, 10:36 PM
Alpha Whisky
Queensland - Australia
Joined Jan 2006
270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer View Post
Yes Harry, the Build Off thread will be posted on June 30th inviting entries.
I`ve just come across this whole forum in recent days and trying to figure out what this 'Britplan Build Off' thing is all about.

Thus far it has much appeal - can you please post all the rules etc with your imminent announcement so that us newbies get an idea of what will be involved ....

Thanks ,

Alan W
AlphaWhisky is offline Find More Posts by AlphaWhisky
Old Jun 27, 2013, 12:02 AM
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
4,419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWhisky View Post
I`ve just come across this whole forum in recent days and trying to figure out what this 'Britplan Build Off' thing is all about.

Thus far it has much appeal - can you please post all the rules etc with your imminent announcement so that us newbies get an idea of what will be involved ....

Thanks ,

Alan W
Hi Alan

The "Britplan" is the third of a series of "Build Offs" I have hosted on the forum, the previous ones being the "Britkit" (for British kitted designs prior to 1965) and the "Frog" one (for Frog kit designs). The current Britplan one ends on Sunday, June 30th and at that point a "Poll" thread will be posted to enable people to vote for their favourite model, no prizes, just fun and kudos!

You will find the Britplan Build Off thread at http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1796717 and post 1 of this gives the full "rules" and also a list of the entries together with links to their build logs - these are a great source of hints and information, as well as sometimes a good deal of humour!

The new Build Off (subject yet to be finally decided) will start with a similar thread which will set out the "rules", such as they are and the finishing date etc., the starting date for this build off will be 1st July 2013.

I hope to see an entry from you, the last three build offs have seen a total of almost 60 great models produced which have given their builders great enjoyment.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 27, 2013, 11:25 PM
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined Oct 2005
2,449 Posts
I'm game for another build .

I also like the idea of finishing off an old project as I seldom get one finished!

John
JohnAV8R is online now Find More Posts by JohnAV8R