HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 08, 2014, 07:49 PM
Colombia, Bolivar, Cartagena
Joined Nov 2012
255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atx_Heli View Post
So with a little more research and some trial and error, I have managed to make a version with a setup menu and non-volatile storage of setup...so no more having to reflash for different RSSI values from different RXs or to change different VBAT warning levels when using 3S or 4S( yes E-OSD will work on 4S, the 5V reg on board is good to 30V even though the part is specd only for 2-3S)...flash the little bugger once and use it in different planes and systems with a quick setup...

I have only tested it in an NTSC system, so the line numbers will need to be tweaked in config.h for good display spacing and recompiled by someone with a PAL system...maybe someone can do this and post...

After flashing, the E-OSD will have 10.4V as its VBAT warning level, and 2.84V/.5V as is RSSI max/min (pretty close for Rangelink systems). RSSI warning is set at 35%.

RSSI min/max and VBAT min can be changed from a setup menu revoked by a long key button press....once in the menu, a short press will skip to the next setting, or a long press will read the current voltage on the RSSI or VBAT pin, as appropriate, and store it in EEPROM for the menu item....so you can skip to any of the three settable items and set it independently or do all three...

also any short key press resets the flight timer...

attached are some screen shots

EDIT: A friend wanted the warnings to blink at 2HZ...had to modify the way a routine set the blink variable...attached that source also
Hello Everyone

Its any version as this one but for G-osd?
Only battery voltage and timer, battery and rssi or just battery... i have one alone g-osd without gps and want to use it as battery voltage monitor..

Thanks
CarlosLeq is offline Find More Posts by CarlosLeq
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 09, 2014, 01:55 AM
London, Ontario
Joined May 2006
463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasi View Post
No. The only ones compatible are the G-OSD, the mini OSD and the E-OSD.
Thanks
Patrizio_g is online now Find More Posts by Patrizio_g
Old Jul 10, 2014, 08:37 PM
Joined Nov 2012
255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosLeq View Post
Hello Everyone

Its any version as this one but for G-osd?
Only battery voltage and timer, battery and rssi or just battery... i have one alone g-osd without gps and want to use it as battery voltage monitor..

Thanks

Anyone?
Old Jul 11, 2014, 12:06 AM
Israel
Joined May 2009
17 Posts
Battery and rssi
drgabbay is offline Find More Posts by drgabbay
Old Jul 11, 2014, 01:32 AM
London, Ontario
Joined May 2006
463 Posts
Hey guys i still can get my E-OSD to work im using the KK flash tool i will try the eXtreme Burner AVR hope it works.
Patrizio_g is online now Find More Posts by Patrizio_g
Old Jul 11, 2014, 09:54 AM
Joined Nov 2012
255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drgabbay View Post
Battery and rssi

Do you have it? For g-OSD?
Old Jul 11, 2014, 11:35 AM
Israel
Joined May 2009
17 Posts
Sorry nop
drgabbay is offline Find More Posts by drgabbay
Old Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Joined Dec 2007
116 Posts
Ive finally got this osd flashed and working the best I think it can. The only issue Im having is the voltage for my 3 cell is reading like 4. Ive seen a couple of comments about that in the thread but no responses.

Do I still use the screw things on the back?

That just popped in my head but I already took the connections apart and packed everything away so I cant try it.
westphill24 is offline Find More Posts by westphill24
Old Yesterday, 10:12 PM
Florida
Joined Mar 2007
826 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westphill24 View Post
Ive finally got this osd flashed and working the best I think it can. The only issue Im having is the voltage for my 3 cell is reading like 4. Ive seen a couple of comments about that in the thread but no responses.

Do I still use the screw things on the back?

That just popped in my head but I already took the connections apart and packed everything away so I cant try it.
yes, one of the adjustment screws should calibrate this. you can also tweak values in the code to correct for this also, I don't know exactly where off hand, but pretty sure there is a calibration setting that is easy to change in there.
yzguy is offline Find More Posts by yzguy
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 05:58 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,396 Posts
On the MiniOSD/G-OSD for the primary battery voltage, it is the POTI that is closest to the edge of the board.

Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzguy View Post
yes, one of the adjustment screws should calibrate this. you can also tweak values in the code to correct for this also, I don't know exactly where off hand, but pretty sure there is a calibration setting that is easy to change in there.
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins