HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 28, 2010, 04:14 PM
wait what goes here.....
USA, NC, Brunswick
Joined Dec 2010
26 Posts
Thanks! I whipped up a connector, do I connect the plug to the IDset pins? if so should the light change colors?

It's a 6 channel rx and a 4 channel tx if that matters...

Thanks again! If I can get this fixed I still have time to try it today!!!!
ChanceCarroll is offline Find More Posts by ChanceCarroll
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 28, 2010, 04:23 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChanceCarroll View Post
Thanks! I whipped up a connector, do I connect the plug to the IDset pins? if so should the light change colors?

It's a 6 channel rx and a 4 channel tx if that matters...

Thanks again! If I can get this fixed I still have time to try it today!!!!
Blitz is notorious for NOT sending binding instructions for the 2.4 radios. There are a couple they offer. Below is for one of the radios. The below took be two weeks to get from BH.

BlitzRCWorks MC4DF 2.4GHz Radio Bind Process
*Before performing the bind process, please make sure that your lithium polymer battery is fully charged and you have installed fresh AA batteries into your transmitter.

1.) Plug the bind plug into the ID SET CH on the receiver.
2.) Plug the battery into the unit.
3.) Make sure the throttle stick and the throttle trim are both in their lowest down positions on the transmitter.
4.) Hold down the “Bind Set” button on the transmitter. Continue holding the button down while you power up the transmitter and after the transmitter is on.
5.) While still holding the “Bind Set” button down, remove the bind plug from the receiver. Wait for about 5 seconds before proceeding to step 6.
6.) Release the “Bind Set” button on the transmitter.

The bind process is now complete. Happy Flying!!
Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 28, 2010, 04:57 PM
wait what goes here.....
USA, NC, Brunswick
Joined Dec 2010
26 Posts
ok thanks everybody! my electronics are now responding, now to go get the CG worked out..... whoo!
Old Dec 28, 2010, 05:01 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChanceCarroll View Post
ok thanks everybody! my electronics are now responding, now to go get the CG worked out..... whoo!

Good for you.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 28, 2010, 06:01 PM
Plane Destroyer / Life Enjoyer
Miami, FL
Joined May 2009
3,452 Posts
Woooooot! Got two FPV flights in today with my Sky Surger.

The wind finally died down so I hit the field. First flight was non-FPV just to trim her out and had two more FPV flights after. She flew great!

The funny thing is that the field that I flew at wraps around a school so I was pretty much invisible to anyone on the left side since I was on the right. When I was flying, through my cam, I noticed a group of kids on the left side sitting in a circle all in black, probably smoking herb. Oblivious to me since I wasn't in their line of site but they were watching my plane.

On the first FPV flight I took off my goggles at the end to land because I was nervous. On the second flight I landed with the goggles on and ended up about 100 yards away from myself. On the left side of the field.

One of the kids tried to steal my plane! I was walking towards it and looked through a hallway going between two buildings and I saw one of the kids get up and start running towards my plane. I ran towards it as well and once he saw me come out from around the building he turned around and ran back to his friends. Oi vey, only in Miami.

Was still some great flights, next time I will land closer!
airbagit13 is online now Find More Posts by airbagit13
Old Dec 28, 2010, 06:03 PM
Why so serious?
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Dec 2007
5,971 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
Good for you.
I hope none of his channels are reversed.\

They don't bind the RX or even include instructions on how to with the RTF from BH?
2500GENE is offline Find More Posts by 2500GENE
Old Dec 28, 2010, 06:30 PM
Columbus, GA
Joined Oct 2010
65 Posts
can anyone take a pic of one of their wing to give me a better idea on where the COG should be with 72mm? Im thinking where i measured might be off since i have to move the battery all the way to the front of the fuse in order for it to not be tail heavy...

Thanks in advance
D0Z3R is offline Find More Posts by D0Z3R
Old Dec 28, 2010, 06:33 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE View Post
I hope none of his channels are reversed.\

They don't bind the RX or even include instructions on how to with the RTF from BH?
Correct. Not bound and no instructions. Lauren in CS finally found me some instructions.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 28, 2010, 06:47 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by D0Z3R View Post
can anyone take a pic of one of their wing to give me a better idea on where the COG should be with 72mm? Im thinking where i measured might be off since i have to move the battery all the way to the front of the fuse in order for it to not be tail heavy...

Thanks in advance
Just measure it from the leading edge. You might want to target a little forward, maybe 65 mm, for your maiden. A slightly nose heavy plane is a lot easier to maiden.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 28, 2010, 06:56 PM
Columbus, GA
Joined Oct 2010
65 Posts
you see Im a noob here and when i looked up the conversion it said its 2.83in so thats the a little past the 2 and 1/2 inch mark on my tape measure? Or do I just have that all wrong?

And what exactly does the leading edge of the wing mean? How far out from the fuse?
D0Z3R is offline Find More Posts by D0Z3R
Old Dec 28, 2010, 07:08 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by D0Z3R View Post
you see Im a noob here and when i looked up the conversion it said its 2.83in so thats the a little past the 2 and 1/2 inch mark on my tape measure? Or do I just have that all wrong?

And what exactly does the leading edge of the wing mean? How far out from the fuse?
Your conversion is correct. 2.83 is a little more the 2 and 3/4 of an inch or 2.75.

The leading edge is the front edge of the wing. Measure it about 1 inch from the fuselage.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 28, 2010, 07:44 PM
Parma, Ohio
Joined May 2010
284 Posts
Any help here guys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron RC View Post
Just wonder what holes in the elevator and rudder servos are your control rods in. Don't remember where they were on my rtf (fuse was trashed and pitched) and I'm setting up another ARF and it looks like the third hole from the top of the servo horn is the best fit. Looks like less friction with the control rod and tube. Where are you guys connected? I can make up any difference in the tail horns if I need to.

Thanks in advance
Ron
Think this got lost in the shuffle. Can someone check their planes, RTF or ARF.

and Prof100. Do you use the screws with your Durbo horns or just glue them??

Ron
Ron RC is offline Find More Posts by Ron RC
Old Dec 28, 2010, 08:17 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron RC View Post
Think this got lost in the shuffle. Can someone check their planes, RTF or ARF.

and Prof100. Do you use the screws with your Durbo horns or just glue them??

Ron
I use the screws. The larger horns I cut down to size but use them because they come with larger screws that work with the foam thickness.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 28, 2010, 09:07 PM
wait what goes here.....
USA, NC, Brunswick
Joined Dec 2010
26 Posts
I have my control rods in the topmost holes, but I have no idea if that is correct!

Also, mine shipped with some servos in the wrong channels...
Old Dec 29, 2010, 12:42 AM
wait what goes here.....
USA, NC, Brunswick
Joined Dec 2010
26 Posts
So I'm putting together a list for when/if I decide to make the jump to brushless ( I want to fly it first) and I have seen several motors mentioned throughout the thread, however I wondered if anyone has a favorite? Or some feed back on a motor upgrade? I'm looking at this motor http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=5423 and a 2200mah 3s battery pack.

Any alternative suggestions?

Thanks guys!