HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Dec 11, 2014, 10:29 AM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
blade strike's Avatar
United States, CA, Big Bear
Joined Jan 2006
11,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shdwkeeper View Post
Has anyone here connected a Red Epic/Dragon to a Lightbridge? If so, did you go hdmi out of red into the lightbridge mini hdmi on craft?
Correct it would be HDMI to HDMI.. We have done this a NAB and PS World.
blade strike is offline Find More Posts by blade strike
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: DJI Pilot App *BETA* Overview
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 15, 2014, 06:11 AM
Registered User
Joined May 2012
22 Posts
Recommended mobile device

Hi all,
just received a new Lightbridge, I need to choose the best android device dedicated for lightbridge, what's yours experience and suggestion for using Lightbridge app and quality video stream and usability?

I read some comments about better IOS performance than Android with Lightbridge, is this still true? what's the best android recommendation?

Thanks
visionaria is offline Find More Posts by visionaria
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2014, 09:38 AM
Psionic001's Avatar
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Apr 2006
2,248 Posts
Recommended antenna angle

What's the recommended antenna angle for a Phantom2 with LB?
I'm flying at 1000' and a two hundred meters in front of me.

Also, do the mini patch antennas work better? Are they directional, i.e. is there a front and back?

Cheers

MAtt
Psionic001 is offline Find More Posts by Psionic001
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2014, 12:11 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psionic001 View Post
What's the recommended antenna angle for a Phantom2 with LB?
I'm flying at 1000' and a two hundred meters in front of me.

Also, do the mini patch antennas work better? Are they directional, i.e. is there a front and back?

Cheers

MAtt
They should be parallel to each other. I have my paddle antennas mounted on the S900 and S1000 landing gear. One pointed forward and the other backward. I am not absolutely certain if there is a front or a back, I was just covering all the bases.
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2014, 03:37 PM
Psionic001's Avatar
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Apr 2006
2,248 Posts
Thanks TE

Any chance U can add a photo, and also check which is the front and back of your panel antennas? One side has the wire soldered.

I'm doing some tests today so I can try your setup.
Thanks


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
They should be parallel to each other. I have my paddle antennas mounted on the S900 and S1000 landing gear. One pointed forward and the other backward. I am not absolutely certain if there is a front or a back, I was just covering all the bases.
Psionic001 is offline Find More Posts by Psionic001
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2014, 05:04 PM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
blade strike's Avatar
United States, CA, Big Bear
Joined Jan 2006
11,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psionic001 View Post
Thanks TE

Any chance U can add a photo, and also check which is the front and back of your panel antennas? One side has the wire soldered.

I'm doing some tests today so I can try your setup.
Thanks
I do believe he is running the same as I do:
blade strike is offline Find More Posts by blade strike
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: DJI Pilot App *BETA* Overview
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2014, 05:07 PM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
blade strike's Avatar
United States, CA, Big Bear
Joined Jan 2006
11,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psionic001 View Post
What's the recommended antenna angle for a Phantom2 with LB?
I'm flying at 1000' and a two hundred meters in front of me.

Also, do the mini patch antennas work better? Are they directional, i.e. is there a front and back?

Cheers

MAtt
Matt -

This is how I have mine on the p2. I have came up with some bunny ears for the LB but haven't had time to give them a solid test yet.



blade strike is offline Find More Posts by blade strike
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: DJI Pilot App *BETA* Overview
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2014, 02:42 AM
Registered User
lorbass's Avatar
Switzerland, SH, Beringen
Joined May 2012
59 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by visionaria View Post
Hi all,
just received a new Lightbridge, I need to choose the best android device dedicated for lightbridge, what's yours experience and suggestion for using Lightbridge app and quality video stream and usability?

I read some comments about better IOS performance than Android with Lightbridge, is this still true? what's the best android recommendation?

Thanks
I'm happy with Samsung, Galaxy Note 10.1 ( 2014) Edition.
See the specs: http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_gala...on%29-5677.php
lorbass is online now Find More Posts by lorbass
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2014, 06:26 AM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2013
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade strike View Post
Matt -

This is how I have mine on the p2. I have came up with some bunny ears for the LB but haven't had time to give them a solid test yet.



What is Green?
icoolstudio is online now Find More Posts by icoolstudio
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2014, 10:37 AM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
blade strike's Avatar
United States, CA, Big Bear
Joined Jan 2006
11,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by icoolstudio View Post
What is Green?
EAR Plugs..
blade strike is offline Find More Posts by blade strike
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: DJI Pilot App *BETA* Overview
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2014, 11:39 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,839 Posts
And where are my Rabbit Ears? Just asking?
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2014, 11:14 AM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
blade strike's Avatar
United States, CA, Big Bear
Joined Jan 2006
11,152 Posts
I sent a pair to a guy to test and haven't heard a thing back..
blade strike is offline Find More Posts by blade strike
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: DJI Pilot App *BETA* Overview
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2014, 11:07 PM
Registered User
London, ON, Canada
Joined Nov 2010
68 Posts
subscribed
padair is offline Find More Posts by padair
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product DJI Lightbridge HD Video + Digital Link mkmkmk13 FPV Talk 29 Jun 28, 2014 04:08 AM
For Sale Mobius Full HD 1080P FPV / Surveillance camera with TV/Video out cables kazmandy FPV Equipment (FS/W) 0 Oct 28, 2013 11:07 AM
For Sale The Smallest Mini DV Camera 5.0MP HD Digital Video Recorder ahub Aircraft - General - Miscellaneous (FS/W) 0 Oct 11, 2013 03:14 PM
Sold ($225) Panasonic HDC-HS250 120GB Full HD Cam Digital Camcorder - 1080p Whoaty55 Non R/C Items (FS/W) 1 Oct 09, 2013 09:16 AM