SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio

HPI Q32 Micro Baja Buggy

The smallest member of the HPI family.

Splash

Proportional Throttle and Steering

HPI announced the Q32 Baja back in February, and after a long wait, it looks like this little micro Baja is about ready to ship out! The Q32 is a 1/32nd scale 2wd that's styled after its 1/5th scale big brother. Featuring "Real Steer" proportional steering, this micro should be a big hit for those looking for the fun of micro, but the precise control that's seldom found on vehicles of this small size.

The Q32 Baja Buggy charges directly from the included 2.4GHz transmitter. It has a composite nylon chassis and white nylon 5-spoke wheels. The foam tires are best suited for indoor racing. To add to the value, you'll also get eight corner markers and a small folding ramp to set up your own course. The street price will be around $60.

CLICK HERE for more info on the HPI Q32 Baja Buggy

Specs:

• Chassis: Composite nylon
  • Drive: 2WD direct drive
  • Radio: TF-60 2.4GHz transmitter with built-in battery charger
  • Body: Lightweight polycarbonate
  • Suspension: Front: independent, Rear: single spring
  • Wheels: Five spoke nylon, white in color
  • Tires: High traction, foam construction
  • Length: 4.3" (109mm)
  • Width: Front 2.8" (71mm), Rear 2.9" (76mm)
  • Height: 1.2" (31mm)
  • Weight: 1.5oz (43g)

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Dec 31, 2014 at 10:08 AM..

Discussion

Old Jan 02, 2015, 10:56 AM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
United States, MI, Detroit
Joined Mar 2007
3,889 Posts
Yep,waiting for this one.
kydawg1 is online now Find More Posts by kydawg1
Old Jan 02, 2015, 12:19 PM
RCGroups Editor
United States, OH, Parma
Joined Jul 2009
5,287 Posts
Me too...
Matt Gunn is online now Find More Posts by Matt Gunn
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: eFest Video!
Old Jan 12, 2015, 08:06 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Joined Mar 2007
3,889 Posts
I received mine.... gonna send it back. Only turns right. Design is challenged. Not for me.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 08:19 PM
RCGroups Editor
United States, OH, Parma
Joined Jul 2009
5,287 Posts
Can you elaborate a bit more? The steering should turn left and right. Are you saying the wheels won't physically turn left? What does "the design is challenged" mean?

Thanks
Matt Gunn is online now Find More Posts by Matt Gunn
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: eFest Video!
Old Jan 13, 2015, 09:51 AM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Joined Mar 2007
3,889 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Gunn View Post
Can you elaborate a bit more? The steering should turn left and right. Are you saying the wheels won't physically turn left? What does "the design is challenged" mean?

Thanks
The suspension arms are made from flat nylon that has a bend in it at the center by the chassis, this caused the buggy to have very deformed front end and binding of the front steering to Left.

This will be the challenged area of the design. The steering lag was also not a good feature.

These buggies might be OK for some folks, just not what I was expecting.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 02:58 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
14,138 Posts
Bad batch maybe? This one seems to more than live up to the expectations:

HPI Q32 Baja Buggy: First Look and Drive (2 min 17 sec)
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Jan 20, 2015, 04:16 PM
Joined Jan 2010
4 Posts
Just got one today......this one works great

Proportional steering is accurate......throttle curve is a little aggressive so be light on the trigger.... Plenty of speed for the area we were running it in the open foyer of my office.

Tires almost have too much traction on this carpet making it very twitchy, leaves me wanting some dual rate adjustment.....this buggy turns evenly both direction and is overall a blast to drive...... Maybe I got lucky and got a second run or something

I would highly recommend it for some nice basement racing!

I will try to get a couple videos posted on our track Facebook page Spookys RC racing later today or tonight
utah300rum is offline Find More Posts by utah300rum
Old Jan 21, 2015, 09:27 AM
Joined Jan 2015
56 Posts
Pinchanina

I love my q32 I have a lot of cars /helis/ motorcycles and this is fastlane becoming one of my favorites fast good control.
Pinchanina is offline Find More Posts by Pinchanina
Old Jan 22, 2015, 09:38 PM
Flying is Freedom
Annandale, VA
Joined Jul 2007
6,590 Posts
Any one know who has one in stock? Looks like this thread is more lively than the other one.
Sky_Captain is online now Find More Posts by Sky_Captain
Old Jan 23, 2015, 01:28 PM
Joined Jan 2015
56 Posts
Pinchanina

Sky_captain it looks like nobody will have any till mid to late February when I ordered mine on the 15 th from hobby people they only had two in stock after about 5 min I went back to order the other it was already gone. They are limited run from the factory so maybe real hard to get a hold of but keep trying it is more than worth it!!! Now I'm just waiting on the aftermarket parts to be in stock but looks like a while on them to but I am perfectly fine with it like it is no problem at all with it.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 04:50 PM
Flying is Freedom
Annandale, VA
Joined Jul 2007
6,590 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinchanina View Post
Sky_captain it looks like nobody will have any till mid to late February when I ordered mine on the 15 th from hobby people they only had two in stock after about 5 min I went back to order the other it was already gone. They are limited run from the factory so maybe real hard to get a hold of but keep trying it is more than worth it!!! Now I'm just waiting on the aftermarket parts to be in stock but looks like a while on them to but I am perfectly fine with it like it is no problem at all with it.
I back-ordered mine yesterday through TowerHobbies. Hopefully that will give me a good chance of getting one.
Sky_Captain is online now Find More Posts by Sky_Captain
Old Jan 23, 2015, 06:01 PM
Joined Jan 2015
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Captain View Post
I back-ordered mine yesterday through TowerHobbies. Hopefully that will give me a good chance of getting one.
I tried tower but they kept setting the date back on me(realy not their fault I guess )but after the last time I checked with them they gave me the date of the15th when that didn't happen I went to hobby people and I was luck they had two in stock and I got it there. if tower dosent work out you may give hobby people a call they seem to get theirs faster cause tower never had them at all yet. And hobby people delivered on fast and it came right to the hour they said I would get it holiday and all !!! Good luck you will enjoy it when you do get it.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 01:39 PM
Joined Jan 2015
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Captain View Post
Hobby people have then now as of 12:00 but keep it on the down low I can't order me other till tommorow !!!lol
Old Jan 28, 2015, 02:36 PM
Joined Jan 2015
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinchanina View Post
Hobby people have then now as of 12:00 but keep it on the down low I can't order me other till tommorow !!!lol
Well they had them anyway they were available at12:00 by 1:15 they sold out again