Nov 20, 2010, 04:24 AM
Thread OP
New Product

Swift WL Toys S929 - Micro Helicopter with Turbo control

Hi,

Last month i was in Hong Kong and bought this nice little Micro helicopter called S929. It looks like a Syma S107 but some of the parts are better designed and seems to be stronger by using thicker and other materials like the tail roter and the main tube pieces (solid black hard plastic) that holds the blades. The best part that i like, is the TX controller. It looks and holds like a game controller and you can switch on/off the 3 leds from the helicopter via the TX. Other major feature is the Turbo button that is located on the right side as a trigger on the TX. Before i had a Syma S107 (which i have sold) so i can only compare it with this S929. It's very stabel, it flies fast and faster if you use the turbo button and the TX is just the best i have ever seen and used so far with these kind of micro helicopters

The saw these helicopters in Hong Kong at the following places :

- The Peak Gallery (one of the gift shops inside) at The Peak, the most famous tourist attraction of Hong Kong. Prices are 320 HK Dollar for one helicoptor, but you can get discount, 500 HK Dollar if you buy two. I didn't bought it over there. I was like 23 euro / 32 US dollar for one.

- MTR station Sham Shui Poo, street market. There were 2 stands selling the S929. Probalby fake but the price was 180 HK dollar, but i got discount and bought two for 310 HK Dollar. Like 20 dollar / 15 euro per helicoptor. The stand has somewhere a stock place, because i asked for more colours and the guy selling these helicopters told me to wait a moment and walked so somewhere else to get the sealed boxes.

There are different boxes and versions of the S929. It seems there a version with a program button, so you can program a flight track and excute it without using the TX.

The specs are :

Item NO.: WL-S929
Item name: alloy 3.5CH RC helicopter infrared control

Specification:
Function: Up&down,Go forward & backward, turn left&right, speed up forward and back with button,gear up&down when turning with button ??
Trim buttons left and right.
real 3 channel select button, a,b,c.
Remote Playing with 3 colorful LEDs, one bright front led and each side a green and red led.
working time per full charged: 5m - 7m
recharging: 20 minutes
Product batter: 3.7V 180mAh LI-POLY
Controller:6*AA(exclud)
Colors: red, blue, Orange

The package includes spare parts ,the upper two blades, two tail roter blades
and a USB charging cable !

Pictures are found in the attachments.

Cheers,

Wai
Last edited by Hawai; Nov 20, 2010 at 04:33 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 20, 2010, 07:26 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Looks a lot like the S107, same gear reduction, canopy, and other similarities. The extra forward speed seems like a nice bonus, the only thing some find lacking on the S107.

Btw, did the flybar come bent like that, or was that caused by a crash?
Nov 20, 2010, 09:06 AM
Wow this looks really pretty. A turbo button you say? Plus the ability to control the lights is a cool option I wish was on the s107. Do you see any numbers on the circuit board? It should be on top of the board and you should be able to see it without removing the canopy. Did you get a price on the metal case one? Also interested on whether the flybar came bent or not.
Nov 20, 2010, 09:15 AM
by the way from the pics the number on the circuit board should be on the same side as the power switch. Please let us know. I was going to be ordering a few s107/FB's this week for Christmas, but would really like to find out more about these before ordering since they have more functions. According to a few websites they do have a pattern recorder so that the helicopter can "fly" itself.
Nov 20, 2010, 09:29 AM
I'm FAMOUS
Looks like a warp caused by unmolding the parts too fast.
Nov 20, 2010, 09:36 AM
Nice looking heli. I like the controller. Very comfortable looking.

They are available on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/3-channel-IR-S92...item588ae0c551

I don't know what they mean by "simulation button" unless it's that "boost" function the OP was talking about.

Ed
Nov 20, 2010, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwong3
Nice looking heli. I like the controller. They are available on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/3-channel-IR-S92...item588ae0c551

I don't know what they mean by "simulation button" unless it's that "boost" function the OP was talking about.

Ed
The simulation button is the button you hit that records your movements then you can set the Tx down and it will fly with the same pattern that you just recorded.

Here's video from the ebay sites.
3-channel IR S929 SWIFT Metal Helicopter No.ES929 (with Gyro & Simulation) (1 min 30 sec)
Nov 20, 2010, 09:49 AM
Ah...I see! Very cool feature.

Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7
The simulation button is the button you hit that records your movements then you can set the Tx down and it will fly with the same pattern that you just recorded.

Here's video from the ebay sites.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqaW9...layer_embedded
Nov 20, 2010, 10:38 AM
I'm FAMOUS
Cool feature, if the copter's not next to a wall when you push the macro play button. (Whispering) gimmick.

Come see my HUGE 3-channel Helicopter collection!
http://www.killbuckets.com/copters.htm
Last edited by killbucket; Nov 26, 2010 at 02:04 PM.
Nov 20, 2010, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by killbucket
Cool feature, if the copter's not next to a wall when you push the macro play button. (Whispering) gimmick.
Agreed, I really don't see it being a feature I would ever really use. I think it would be kind of dumb to say check this out. But also too, I don't know if they know how to trim or not, but if they do, this one never seemed to trim and always was wanting to spin clockwise. This is a toy so there's no way it's going to perfectly lock (the FH is the closest I've seen), so therefore, it's gonna quickly get out of whack of what you "record/program" into it. But hey at least it's a feature. I think there's just not enough info on these yet, plus only in China right now, so I'm gonna stick with FB's for Christmas presents, but I will be checking in to find more info.

I have always liked the turn the leds on/off feature found on a few other heli's and wish they would incorporate that into the s107/FB other than that, who knows what you're gonna end up with.
Nov 20, 2010, 11:44 AM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
So, let me get this straight....the "Turbo" button only increases yaw rate ? Or does it also works on the pitch control to enhance forward or rearward velocity?
Nov 20, 2010, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletap
So, let me get this straight....the "Turbo" button only increases yaw rate ? Or does it also works on the pitch control to enhance forward or rearward velocity?
Watch the video again. It shows the "turbo" working for pitch too. It's right after the yaw sequence, at about 48-50 seconds into the video.

Ed
Nov 20, 2010, 12:44 PM
Rather Be flying or Tinkering
Check out this version called the Trex S929 Self Flying Helicopter
http://www.redferret.net/?p=24143
Nov 20, 2010, 01:32 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwong3
Watch the video again. It shows the "turbo" working for pitch too. It's right after the yaw sequence, at about 48-50 seconds into the video.

Ed

ahhh! thanks, I don't think I would run out and buy one so to speak, it's just too pricey for what it is, as it's still just basically a 3 channel IR Sub micro, but for $40 shipped from Hong Kong is way too much. I prefer the $20 Phantoms from Xheli,
Nov 20, 2010, 03:07 PM
Well I don't blame you.

Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletap
ahhh! thanks, I don't think I would run out and buy one so to speak, it's just too pricey for what it is, as it's still just basically a 3 channel IR Sub micro, but for $40 shipped from Hong Kong is way too much. I prefer the $20 Phantoms from Xheli,

Quick Reply