to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2012, 10:39 AM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Groveport, OH...USA
Joined Nov 2010
9,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nov View Post
it's just a thread that a few of us have locally to plan days to fly together and stuff like that - kind of like your guy's thread down there. We have it so we don't bog down an addict thread or this one with stuff that only pertains to us - For instance, no one around the country really cares that Nick wears man-pris, or Bob will offer your $5.00 for a crashed plane, or Wedge has bought yet another plane, or Josh cranked up his plane to tick off his condo association or that I was planking someone....sorry too much info - see no one really cares.

I do think that Arron is 100% correct - any guys that fly together regularly should start their own thread or a facebook group - it is a blast to have those things to do with friends that enjoy the hobby like you do - then when you jump on to this thread it adds that much more enjoyment. Looking for a great 2012 flying season!!!

Nov
I dig...but if any of you guys wanna stop in to the huckers thread, come on down!
aronph is offline Find More Posts by aronph
Old Feb 04, 2012, 10:44 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,647 Posts
Sorry to those who can't fly due to nasty weather. I have this
http://www.intellicast.com/Local/Obs...spx?chart=Wind
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Feb 04, 2012, 10:46 AM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzed View Post
Woohoo!

This thread needs more 3DHS sunset photos...

Hehe,

-Buzzed
every thread in RCG can use the pics you post bro!!
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Feb 04, 2012, 10:49 AM
Whoooo!
Summerville, SC
Joined Jan 2009
1,717 Posts
Subscribed
StormJunkie is offline Find More Posts by StormJunkie
Old Feb 04, 2012, 10:50 AM
Fort Wayne
Joined Feb 2009
4,627 Posts
Got this last night. Was suppose to of been rain. 50 yesterday and no wind.
jsmith285 is offline Find More Posts by jsmith285
Old Feb 04, 2012, 10:51 AM
MD1 HACK
USA, OH, Wadsworth
Joined Jan 2010
1,252 Posts
This has got to be the strangest winter weather wise that I can remember
joshet89 is offline Find More Posts by joshet89
Old Feb 04, 2012, 10:51 AM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heritageflyer View Post
Oh I will do that After it stops, that is the fun part. Right now it is so big of flakes (clustered) and so high of rate, you would loose site of a plane 100ft out. Plus your radio and motor get to wet.

I'm hoping for about 2-3" and then go fly off of that, unplowed.
yea the it did seem like you would loose your plane from the pic, that will be cool, make a snow angel with your rutter haha it would take joe to do that.

ber its kinda cold here when i broke my landing gear i was in a sweat shirt and that was it, now its 2 sweatshirts, hoddie, glove time.
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface
Old Feb 04, 2012, 10:55 AM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshet89 View Post
This has got to be the strangest winter weather wise that I can remember
yes it sure is anybody see that movie 2012? where the earth heats up, well mabye thats whats happening!!!!!! over here atleast, we havent had more than 2 inches here, and when we did get 2 inches it was in october!
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface
Old Feb 04, 2012, 11:02 AM
Team 3DHS
Los Alamos CA .
Joined Jan 2009
306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleared2Engage View Post
Thanks for rubbing it in. 25 mph winds have me grounded. Gotta love the Santa Ana's. Weird how hot it gets here in Jan/Feb. When all else fails, hook the laptop up to the bigscreen and crash some stuff on RealFlight!
If you dont mind an hour or so drive up the 101 you are more than welcome to hang out at my club. Trivalleyrcmodelers.com is the site we huck everything from foam to giant scale and even have a heli freak or two. The site has a weather link that is pretty accurate. My parents live in Oxnard Shores so Im in the area every couple of months and I fly IMAC at the Condors field every so often.
Happy late Birthday Arron. I wish Ben would post more often, maybe this new thread will help. I miss Bens vast knowledge of flying toy planes. He walked me through many a 3D trick and for that I am very gratefull, for any one that has had the pleasure of rapping with Ben on the phone or in person knows what Im talking about.
XXLBMXER is offline Find More Posts by XXLBMXER
Old Feb 04, 2012, 11:07 AM
Team 3DHS
Nashville , Tennessee
Joined Jan 2009
5,466 Posts
Hey Guys!
wamsy55 is offline Find More Posts by wamsy55
Old Feb 04, 2012, 11:19 AM
Fly Low or you'll never know!
Thornton, Colorado
Joined Jul 2002
3,768 Posts
I'm in. Let this be fun and exciting.
Need some smiles!

Cory
RC4x4 is offline Find More Posts by RC4x4
Old Feb 04, 2012, 11:20 AM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,901 Posts
Feast or famine

No rain all summer. Now its my flying season in Houston and its rain rain RAIN! My back yard is turning into a swamp of sorts.
going4speed is offline Find More Posts by going4speed
Old Feb 04, 2012, 11:22 AM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,138 Posts
Geez....I just read about this thread in the [other forum thread] so I go to subscribe and there is already 5 pages of posts! Must have been a well-received idea. As Walt Disney said "keep moving forward".

I submit the name "3DHS Fanatics" for this thread, since the OP mentioned he was looking for a new name/title.
SnowDog1974 is offline Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Old Feb 04, 2012, 11:24 AM
Fort Wayne
Joined Feb 2009
4,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974 View Post
Geez....I just read about this thread in the [other forum thread] so I go to subscribe and there is already 5 pages of posts! Must have been a well-received idea. As Walt Disney said "keep moving forward".

I submit the name "3DHS Fanatics" for this thread, since the OP mentioned he was looking for a new name/title.
Yep like 3DHS Fanatics
jsmith285 is offline Find More Posts by jsmith285