HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 15, 2013, 03:15 AM
MULTI ENGINE FANACTIC
SAO PAULO,S.P.,BRAZIL
Joined Dec 2000
541 Posts
HEY,there´s a thing missing here:

Multi engines planes!

Have u guys seen this very simple Antonov AN-124?

Very different and... a MULTI ENGINE PLANE (my obssession

Link:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1007497
CESARNOGUEIRA is offline Find More Posts by CESARNOGUEIRA
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 26, 2013, 08:22 PM
make it sew
Australia, VIC, Highett
Joined Jan 2013
5 Posts
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOGICAL_PSYCHO View Post
Found these in an older file on my computer, they would make great paper warbirds in anyone want to clean them up.
I know that this is a very old post, but if your still around, thanks for Boomerang file, from an old aussie.
an47 is offline Find More Posts by an47
Old Mar 29, 2013, 10:20 AM
Joined Sep 2011
72 Posts
hi guys, how is everyone sticking these prints to depron?? are u using depron?? what sort of size printing are u doing and what sort of paper??

ive always had issues adding colour to my planes!!

cheers fron england
leo.geo is offline Find More Posts by leo.geo
Old Mar 29, 2013, 10:36 AM
United States, OH, Westlake
Joined Mar 2002
4,494 Posts
Leo,

I used 3M 77 spray - the original formula to attach the prints to blue-cor. I've not built one of these with Depron myself. So perhaps start with that and test a small scrap to ensure that the glue does not melt the depron.
kdahlhaus is online now Find More Posts by kdahlhaus
Old Mar 30, 2013, 01:55 AM
Reap the wild wind
Bristol,UK
Joined Feb 2007
3,919 Posts
Leo
Maplins sell spray adhesive which is foam safe http://www.maplin.co.uk/productsearc...pray+adhesive+ and I've found that foam carpet spray adhesive is also foam safe. B&Q sell it http://www.diy.com/nav/decor/floorin...skuId=13029296
Both are a lot cheaper than any 3M product but, as always, test on some scrap just in case the manufacturers have changed the formula
Andy
headlessagain is offline Find More Posts by headlessagain
Old Mar 30, 2013, 10:46 AM
Canada
Joined Nov 2000
6,879 Posts
DIY gluing of Paper to foam has "always" been problematic.
Not the gluing, as even kids using a glue stick works.
But what happens when the glued on paper meets outdoors humidity.
It wrinkles/shrivels like some old Crone.. resembling a wet newspaper.
Bare foam looks better imo.
Dunno how many presentation boards I have done, that this happened to..
ONLY method that was/is humidity wrinkling proof, was pro mounted with hot melt adhesive sheets (from Laminating supply shops)applied using a photo mount press. Mild temps and pressure. Perfect result.. indoors and out..
Most certainly 3m spray glues (and their imitators) are very poor at this.
Bare is offline Find More Posts by Bare
Old Apr 02, 2013, 08:25 AM
Joined Jan 2012
10 Posts
Yes, I have flown it with a 2 cell. It floats around and is nice and docile. I did have it stall and drop out of the air half way around a turn once. A little hot glue and away she went again. I have also flown it with a 3 cell and it was more fun. I may tinker with a higher kv motor, or a 3 cell. This one is the TowerPro 2408-21T, which is a 1400 kv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyDigitalParadis View Post
Looking good, is that a two cell you are flying with? If so what motor are you using and at what wingspan did you build it at?

Thanks again for showing us your build.

On another note me and some buddies are thinking of taking a different approach. We are going to do some combat planes from our plans. In this case though one of the biggest drawbacks of these beatiful builds is that the weight of the glue and paper really impact the performance of a finished planee built from depron or fan fold. Depron is really at the max weight of optimal performance already on it's own. What we plan to do is ues dollar tree foam with the paper removed. Without the paper dollar tree foam is too weak but as we are adding paper the hope is to get a stiff finish with noticably less weight. I'm starting the first build later this week so will post back with an update asap. I do not have scales though so the results will be based on our educated estimates. The goal would be a plane of very close to depron weights even after adding the paper prints. I'm partial to the P-51 but the Avenger is far more stable. We shall see.
dickw5000 is offline Find More Posts by dickw5000
Old Apr 20, 2013, 11:36 AM
United States, FL, Ocala
Joined Feb 2007
32 Posts
After several of my club mates requested prints of the Bald Eagle I contacted 69Superbee and received permission to rework and sell at a very reasonable price different colors and sizes of his origional design. I currently have eight different colors that I will start offering in the next few weeks. I have a few details to work out and shipping cost to nail down. Here are some thumbs of the ones I have so far. I will also post the files here so anyone can print their own.
Here are the thumbs fir the ones I have almost completed.

Rich
rlongfel is offline Find More Posts by rlongfel
Old Apr 21, 2013, 11:51 AM
United States, FL, Ocala
Joined Feb 2007
32 Posts
Some pics of my newest starting to come together. The wing is built with 1 3/8" of dihedral and used a carbon fiber arrow shaft for the spar. Servos mounted laid down for less drag. ESC is velcro'ed to a sub floor under the battery compartment. Will have Aileron.Elevator and Rudder using 9g servos and Sport 400 motor as shown. Everything will be available from the same supplier once I can verify how well the components work together.
More pics coming.
Rich
Old Apr 21, 2013, 12:03 PM
United States, FL, Ocala
Joined Feb 2007
32 Posts
A few more showing some progress.
Old Apr 21, 2013, 01:46 PM
United States, DE, Bear
Joined Apr 2007
1,560 Posts
It's looking really nice. Can't wait to see the next set of photos.
maguro is online now Find More Posts by maguro
Old Apr 21, 2013, 02:26 PM
Joined Jul 2012
12 Posts
Hey Guys:

I would like to use these prints for a fullsize fuselage, but the prints are for profiles. So does anyone have full fuselage print, ie top and bottom?

Roger
roger5005 is offline Find More Posts by roger5005
Old Jun 05, 2013, 07:31 PM
United States, FL, Ocala
Joined Feb 2007
32 Posts
Zips of the P51's in colors and the ExcaliburIII. All will open as PNG files and can be opened with MS Paint, and most MS viewers as well as Inkscape.
Print them yourself or I can provides full size rolled prints and DocULam covering for $15.00 shipped in ConUS
Last edited by rlongfel; Jun 05, 2013 at 07:46 PM.
Old Jul 05, 2013, 09:27 PM
Callsign: Jolly Roger
Ridgecrest California
Joined Jun 2006
584 Posts
Ok years behind schedule but finally complete. Mustang P-51 Miss America. Sorry but I did not do all the panel lines. Unfortunately I'm a little too busy these days for that much detail. This plane however is reworked from the original P-51's posted in this thread to give a little more wing area and a slightly longer fuselage to balance the whole deal out.

I've attached a PDF bundle of letter size pages and two "E" size prints if you have the full size printer. I suggest the letter paper though due to a combination of print quality and paper weight.. Also on this build I am going to hollow out the foam to lighten the build in as many areas as I can.
MyDigitalParadis is offline Find More Posts by MyDigitalParadis
Old Jul 05, 2013, 09:58 PM
MULTI ENGINE FANACTIC
SAO PAULO,S.P.,BRAZIL
Joined Dec 2000
541 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by headlessagain View Post
leo
maplins sell spray adhesive which is foam safe http://www.maplin.co.uk/productsearc...pray+adhesive+ and i've found that foam carpet spray adhesive is also foam safe. B&q sell it http://www.diy.com/nav/decor/floorin...skuid=13029296
both are a lot cheaper than any 3m product but, as always, test on some scrap just in case the manufacturers have changed the formula
andy
pay attention to 3m 77 spray glue!!!! Very dangerous to your
lungs!!!! I got a problem and i´m still coughing a lot !!!!
CESARNOGUEIRA is offline Find More Posts by CESARNOGUEIRA