HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 18, 2007, 10:59 PM
Joined Feb 2007
2 Posts
Rant
Help with Brushless Prop for SS

Hi everyone,

This is my first r/c plane, it's a GWS SS. I've finally got all the electronics working. But my problem now is. How do I attach my Prop to the prop shaft of the Himax HG2015-4166 brushless motor that I have. There are no instructions for this to be found. Can anyone help. I've posted an image to show the parts I have, but for the life of me I can't figure out how it's suppose to work.

thanks,

Fred
Freddric is offline Find More Posts by Freddric
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 18, 2007, 11:36 PM
Norfolk, Va
Joined May 2006
2,282 Posts
Prop attaches like in picture.
I assume the allen wrench is used to tighten the tip and the collet tightens to the gearbox shaft.

Since my collet didn't tighten to the shaft and I wanted to use the GWS props, like you also have, I bought a 3mm threaded shaft from the local hobby shop.
I also use a prop saver.

I only got one prop adapter with my motor. If neither fits your prop you may have to get an APC prop. From what I've read drilling the GWS prop doesn't leave much material in the hub area.

I hope this helps some.
fr4nk1yn is online now Find More Posts by fr4nk1yn
Old Feb 19, 2007, 12:10 AM
Joined Feb 2007
2 Posts
Hi MiseryQ,

I see, hmmm. okay I went ahead an also ordered a 3mm shaft and one of those cool prop savers. The lady at my LHS didn't have a clue how the prop fit. and this being my first plane I also had no clue. Thank you.

Fred
Freddric is offline Find More Posts by Freddric
Old Feb 19, 2007, 10:09 AM
There are four lights!
Santa Cruz, C.A.
Joined Jan 2005
702 Posts
I think your gonna have to drill out that prop, first off.
Then the thing with the threads goes on the shaft, then the round
thing with the flat facing out, then the prop, then the prop nut.
kcar is offline Find More Posts by kcar
Old Feb 19, 2007, 10:29 AM
Mark 12:30
United States, GA, Alpharetta
Joined Jan 2004
676 Posts
All you need is the prop-saver for 3mm shaft. The shaft on the end of your Himaxx gearbox is 3mm. Most prop-savers have 2 different thicknesses (each side is different) to accomadate different props. Just flip it the way it is most secure with your prop. Most prop savers will use the 2 screws that tighten onto the 3mm shaft to loop the rubber-bandy thingy (highly technical term) around the prop. You are almost there !!
TipStalled is offline Find More Posts by TipStalled