HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 06, 2014, 02:54 PM
Joined Nov 2013
38 Posts
Discussion
Graupner MZ-24 Program Mixing Thrust Vectoring

Hello RC Pilots, My name is Matt, I'm a customer service rep for Motion RC. I purchased a new Radio system a while back, though I haven't had a chance to use it very much. I've been flying with JR, Tactic & Turnigy 9X; yes my bad on the 9X. I have the Free-wing SU-35 Twin 70mm EDF Jet. I'm trying to learn the thrust vectoring setup or programming on the Graupner Mz-24 12 channel system. Does anyone know how to begin? I'm sure this is a difficult thing to explain, but baby steps would really help. I need to start by understanding, assigning a switch to a channel. Then once it has an assignment how to set the three channels to elevator, rudder & aileron. I'm assuming the program mix; 1. thru 3, maybe more. The Turnigy radio was fairly simple, I have that saved on a piece of paper. Well, Thank you ahead of time if you can help me. I know there must be a smart person who can explain this. Thanks, Matt
starcop is offline Find More Posts by starcop
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 06, 2014, 03:23 PM
Do it Right, the first time!
United States, MN, Hermantown
Joined Dec 2008
5,018 Posts
Take a look at the SU-35 thread in the Foamy EDF forum, I'm sure they can help

There's a number of threads on the Graupner MZ-24 here; http://www.rcgroups.com/radios-135/

Just do a search for Graupner MZ-24
CoolerByTheLake is offline Find More Posts by CoolerByTheLake
Last edited by CoolerByTheLake; Jul 06, 2014 at 03:30 PM.
Old Jul 06, 2014, 03:23 PM
St. Mary, Maryland, United States
Joined Dec 1996
8,239 Posts
I am not familiar with that radio but this may help. Go into whatever screen shows the list of things like D/R, travel or end point etc. You should see a list of programmable mixes. You would go in to each of the first 3. You might make the first one elevator as master, channel 8 as slave, set the amount of mix which might be something like 25 to start with, then there should be a field for the switch. Do the same for ruder and the same for ailerons inputting the same switch for all three.
Chris True is offline Find More Posts by Chris True
Old Jul 06, 2014, 05:20 PM
Wild & Crazy
United States, AR, Little Rock
Joined Apr 2013
202 Posts
Starcop, i had the same situation with my MZ-24 and a SU-35!!!
What is your channel line up, you need at least a 8 channel RX ( GR-16L or 12channel GR-24L )

This is my channel line up
#1........Throttle/power
#2........Ailerons (Both connected with Y harness--using 1 channel for both aielrons)
#3........Elevator
#4 ........Rudder/steering servo
#5.........Retracts

#6 ........Thrust vectoring ( tv1 & tv2 / ELEVATOR with Y harness)
#7 ........Thrust vectoring (tv 3 / RUDDER)

If you set it up this exact way, i can put up a file that you can download and use, its fairly easy how to import and export config files to radio
YOU NEED a usb / SD card reader that your computer can read.

take the attached file and copy it from the computer to the usb reader in this Directory (( UNZIP it first ))
MODELS\MZ-24\ASU-35.MDL
then put the card back into the transmitter , then goto model select screen and press IMP.M.....
that should work for ya, hope this helps and if all else fails contact OpenHobby
Sovrin is offline Find More Posts by Sovrin
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 09, 2014, 10:35 AM
Joined Nov 2013
38 Posts
Hello Sovrin, Ah, man your my hero. I've had a heck of a time with my radio, it's a super transmitter. I'm just so accustom to other name radio's, I can't wrap my brain around the settings for Graupner. This really should help me get this going. So, I just need to un-zip the files, down load them to my SD card and load them? I'll try this after work this evening. I can't Thank you enough, I really appreciate this. Matt
Old Jul 09, 2014, 02:19 PM
Wild & Crazy
United States, AR, Little Rock
Joined Apr 2013
202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by starcop View Post
Hello Sovrin, Ah, man your my hero. I've had a heck of a time with my radio, it's a super transmitter. I'm just so accustom to other name radio's, I can't wrap my brain around the settings for Graupner. This really should help me get this going. So, I just need to un-zip the files, down load them to my SD card and load them? I'll try this after work this evening. I can't Thank you enough, I really appreciate this. Matt

NP Matt, thats what these forums are here, i spend a hour aday reading about the stuff i like!!
Sovrin is offline Find More Posts by Sovrin
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 20, 2014, 11:32 AM
Joined Nov 2013
38 Posts
Hello Sovrin, I'm still trying to figure out thisThrust Vectoring on this Radio. They made this much too hard, I may try and sell this one for a Futaba or something else. Is there any way, you can send a short video of how to setup the mixing? Or anything that would help me get my brain to understand how to do this. I don't have a card reader yet. Maybe Tuesday, I'll go buy one. Thanks for any help you can give me, I just want to get this setup; so I can fly with T/V.
Enjoy your day, Matt Maryan with Motion RC