HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by s_mack, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 11:29 AM
Registered Loser
Canada, BC, Central Okanagan H
Joined Jun 2010
3,251 Posts
Trader Rating: 7
New (but older model) 9x programmer

I tried giving this away previously, but the person who I awarded it to turned out to be that creepy criminal dude (txt2000 aka FirstPersonView aka FPVAustralia) and he was exposed right before I shipped it. I forgot about it until now...

So up for grabs is one complete and brand new 9x programmer kit. The only thing of note is that this is the older Rev 2.1 (we're now up to 2.3).

Givin to the first person that either posts a picture of their 9x radio with a handwritten note in the picture showing their rcgroups nickname.... or (for those without a camera) someone that can clearly describe what this is for and how you'd use it. Why the hoops? Because there are too many people that troll the freebies section looking for ANYTHING. I obviously want this to go to someone that can actually make use of it, and its pretty specialized.

- Steven

Update: I'm adding the requirement that the person must have posted at least once in one of the major 9x related threads *before today*, unless they can provide the picture requested.
s_mack is offline Find More Posts by s_mack
Last edited by s_mack; Sep 21, 2012 at 11:38 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 21, 2012, 11:34 AM
United States, OH, Bowling Green
Joined Jun 2012
223 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
i have a Turn 9x with out your programmer, i am at work and do not have a way to post pick, but i can tell you that the lingo such as Mode select means model, etc. took me forever to figure out how to make flaps work by having to make 5 diff programs then trying to make sure they lined up with the diff -/+ and using the dial was not the easiest, with out utube would have nerve gotten it.

So Please please please!

Ubootwo
Ubootwo is offline Find More Posts by Ubootwo
Old Sep 21, 2012, 11:35 AM
United States, UT, Herriman
Joined Jan 2012
1,877 Posts
Trader Rating: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by s_mack View Post
I tried giving this away previously, but the person who I awarded it to turned out to be that creepy criminal dude (txt2000 aka FirstPersonView aka FPVAustralia) and he was exposed right before I shipped it. I forgot about it until now...

So up for grabs is one complete and brand new 9x programmer kit. The only thing of note is that this is the older Rev 2.1 (we're now up to 2.3).

Givin to the first person that either posts a picture of their 9x radio with a handwritten note in the picture showing their rcgroups nickname.... or (for those without a camera) someone that can clearly describe what this is for and how you'd use it. Why the hoops? Because there are too many people that troll the freebies section looking for ANYTHING. I obviously want this to go to someone that can actually make use of it, and its pretty specialized.

- Steven
I've got another radio on the way. I use a usbasp with my existing one, but would like to try yours to see how it compares, it looks so much easier to install. And, if it's compatible, perhaps to try that telemetry ez board you posted about a while back.
ttabbal is online now Find More Posts by ttabbal
Old Sep 21, 2012, 11:45 AM
Registered Loser
Joined Jun 2010
3,251 Posts
You got it ttabbal! PM me your address and I'll get it off to you.

- Steven

ps. It is *MUCH* easier to install than a generic programmer, that's for sure. If you've already got usbasp drivers installed you won't have to install drivers for this board. It is, in fact, a USBasp... just physically laid out specifically for the 9x. The TelemetrEZ is independent of the programmer. Starting with the SP board Rev 2.3, TelemetrEZ is 100% solderless. But with earlier revisions (like Rev 2.1 that you're getting) its just a matter of soldering two wires to the MISO and MOSI pads on the SP board. Without an SP board, its still just a matter of soldering to the MISO/MOSI on the radio and nothing else. TelemetrEZ eliminates all the very fine soldering no matter what programmer you have.

pps. For the reason I didn't choose the previous poster, refer to other freebie thread.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 11:46 AM
United Kingdom, England, Lincoln
Joined Jun 2011
710 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Hi Steven, I posted in your original thread about one of these boards, would love to be considered for this please. The original fw just about works for me, but sucks big time when I want to do anything a bit more advanced. I'll post up a pic in a minute.

Alex.
abroadhurst94 is offline Find More Posts by abroadhurst94
Old Sep 21, 2012, 11:47 AM
Changing one life at a time...
United States, NJ, Pemberton Township
Joined Aug 2010
363 Posts
Trader Rating: 103
A little slow on the picture taking but, if this is the board I am thinking of it would give me backlight control, be a lot more straight forward, and give me more features than what I have used in the past. I would also immediately put my basic usbasp programmer up in the free section.

Thanks for considering me.
JimStanmore is offline Find More Posts by JimStanmore
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Housecleaning Time
Old Sep 21, 2012, 11:55 AM
Registered Loser
Joined Jun 2010
3,251 Posts
Abroadhurst94 and JimStanmoer... while the freebie is gone, if you PM me I'll give you a special offer on a new one since you met the criteria and just had slightly crappy timing

I won't PM you though - that would be spam.

- Steven
Old Sep 21, 2012, 11:57 AM
Registered Loser
Joined Jun 2010
3,251 Posts
You know what... Jim, you only didn't make it because you took the time to take the photo I asked for... plus, I just read your blog and basically you're awesome. So you can have a free brand new one (Rev 2.3). Just get me your address.

ttabbal - of course you still get this Rev 2.1 one.

Cheers.

- Steven
Old Sep 21, 2012, 12:01 PM
Changing one life at a time...
United States, NJ, Pemberton Township
Joined Aug 2010
363 Posts
Trader Rating: 103
PM sent. Thanks and this is awesome that you gave two of these great boards away for free!

EDIT: Just read your post. THANK YOU!!!! For the board and the kind words. We will put it to good use.

Jim S.
JimStanmore is offline Find More Posts by JimStanmore
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Housecleaning Time
Old Sep 21, 2012, 12:06 PM
Registered Loser
Joined Jun 2010
3,251 Posts
My pleasure. Keep up the good work with your camp. Cheers.

- Steven
Closed Thread