Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 07, 2013, 03:56 PM
Joined Mar 2013
4 Posts
Since I have to use the backlight (or you can see the output) couldn't I run it off the BEC? seeing how I already have one?
sagz is offline Find More Posts by sagz
to remove ads between posts
Old May 07, 2013, 04:19 PM
Aberdeen, Scotland, UK
Joined Dec 2007
607 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagz View Post
Since I have to use the backlight (or you can see the output) couldn't I run it off the BEC? seeing how I already have one?
Yes.......so run the LCD off the BEC and the Arduino direct from the Lipo.

Ian.
IanJ is offline Find More Posts by IanJ
Old Dec 29, 2013, 06:59 PM
Aberdeen, Scotland, UK
Joined Dec 2007
607 Posts
Hi all,

Been a long time since I visited this thread............is anyone using this system?

Ian.
Old Dec 29, 2013, 09:00 PM
Joined Jun 2012
3 Posts
Hi Ian.

I've been wanting to build this for a while and have all but the USB Host board ready to go. I've finally figured out I should get this up and running, and learn some decent Arduino programming before trying to implement any other ideas I've been having.

Thanks for sharing your design, it seems the best way for a novice to get up and running.

Justin in NZ.
RevDWC is offline Find More Posts by RevDWC
Old Dec 30, 2013, 11:25 AM
Holon, Israel
Joined Apr 2009
15 Posts
$50 for 16MHz 8bit MegaADK or MEGA+USB Shield vs $25 168MHz 32bit STM32F4 only. Why to pay more?
Tahorg is offline Find More Posts by Tahorg
Old Jan 31, 2014, 01:01 AM
Joined Jan 2014
3 Posts
TX System

I am very new to RC flying.
Could someone suggest me a inexpensive TX System that will work with this setup.
rggovani is offline Find More Posts by rggovani
Old Jan 31, 2014, 06:34 AM
Fix it till its broke!
United Kingdom, Scotland, North Ayrshire
Joined Feb 2010
753 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanJ View Post
Hi all,

Been a long time since I visited this thread............is anyone using this system?

Ian.
I'm using your v1 joystick software in my turnigy 9x transmitter to give me more channels via the trainer port so I can utilise all 16ch on my openlrs radio.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2054642

It manages the 2 extra pots at the top, ps2 stick and my sliding flap switch.

Scotland!
geofrancis is online now Find More Posts by geofrancis
Old Jan 31, 2014, 04:47 PM
United States, ID
Joined Sep 2011
417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahorg View Post
$50 for 16mhz 8bit megaadk or mega+usb shield vs $25 168mhz 32bit stm32f4 only. Why to pay more?
++1
jakestew is offline Find More Posts by jakestew
Old Jan 31, 2014, 06:24 PM
Joined Jan 2014
3 Posts
FrSky FF-1 2.4Ghz

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanJ View Post
Google is your friend - http://www.webx.dk/rc/uhf-link3/how2purchase.htm

You can use any Tx system just as long as it conforms to standard Futaba type PPM stream, albeit I have only tested with Thomas's kit.

Ian.
Would This Work with this system?
FrSky FF-1 2.4Ghz Combo Pack for Futaba w/ Module & RX

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Module_RX.html
rggovani is offline Find More Posts by rggovani
Old May 21, 2014, 01:55 PM
Toulouse (Fr)
Joined Sep 2008
19 Posts
Hello,

I'm very interested by what you have done, this is really a nice work, I think that I will give try.

Do you think that there is a huge work to modify the code to use a Xbox usb controller instead of the joystick that you have used ? I'm a newbie hobbyist programmer....

Tkx
starefly is offline Find More Posts by starefly
Old May 21, 2014, 02:09 PM
Aberdeen, Scotland, UK
Joined Dec 2007
607 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by starefly View Post
Hello,

I'm very interested by what you have done, this is really a nice work, I think that I will give try.

Do you think that there is a huge work to modify the code to use a Xbox usb controller instead of the joystick that you have used ? I'm a newbie hobbyist programmer....

Tkx
The library I use centres around the Joystick, so you'd have to fine a suitable replacement library for the Xbox controller then re-write the I/O to suit. A fair old job for a newbie.

Ian.
Old May 21, 2014, 03:06 PM
Fix it till its broke!
United Kingdom, Scotland, North Ayrshire
Joined Feb 2010
753 Posts
i also used your code for a hkt6a hobbyking radio you can use the stock rf module and receiver with the arduino board.
geofrancis is online now Find More Posts by geofrancis
Old May 25, 2014, 05:49 AM
Norway, Hedmark, Brumunddal
Joined Aug 2012
278 Posts
Would some be willing to make a Box like this and sell it to me?
I'm looking for a better way to fly my camareship (a 1000mm hexa) and control the camera solo.

I would like to build a ground station with joystick control, and as I'm thinking right now it should be possible to control ele/rud/ail/thr with just the stick + throttle (up/Down/left/right/twist left/twist right and the a own throttle handle).

If the joystick that have a thumb stick on the top (like "misslecontroll" then all I need is that joystick and left hand can be used for other Things (or a second joystick for camera)

now I'm using a turnigy 9x Stock, and a er9x with upgraded hw board and all that
tormodnt is offline Find More Posts by tormodnt
Old May 25, 2014, 06:22 AM
We can rebuild it!
United Kingdom, Wales, Swffryd
Joined Apr 2010
3,631 Posts
Is it this project you want built or is a custom hardware er9x?

Im about to start byikding a diy er9x into a the casing of a 5 inch video screen fot my fpv use.
djdavies83 is online now Find More Posts by djdavies83
Old May 25, 2014, 12:03 PM
Norway, Hedmark, Brumunddal
Joined Aug 2012
278 Posts
I've already designed the ground station and I have a fully modded er9x but what I want is a type of pc joysticks to control my multirotor instead of using my 9x.

As I see it, if I use one of the joysticks I've had fun with in the past I should along with a linear throttle stick have all the functions I use to control my hexa + gimbal with just the use og 1 hand + throttle
tormodnt is offline Find More Posts by tormodnt