Old Jan 17, 2013, 05:37 PM
Controls Engineer
United States, NY, Amsterdam
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gapi View Post
Hi Guys,

Please look at the pic below and tell me if I have the right idea. Not sure what kind of displays some of you are using so I put the A, B & C in there for easier viewing.

The Sleet and Snow are moving across the Alabama/ Georgia line almost here. Wind is blowing my deck furniture around. Good day for collective pitch.

Ha, Ha, Ha! Snow south of the Mason-Dexin Line! The news up here tell us how you guy don't know how to drive in it Except for that black turbo mother of a beast you own. Got all seasons on that thing or slicks?

I'm having difficultly with my last '70 green TI monitor. I wire B to B, R to R and green to purple. If it runs counter clockwise looking down at the heli, swap red and purple. You will then always remember how it's wired when you disconnect the motor to work on it powered.

Got epoxy.
lasakro is offline Find More Posts by lasakro
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 17, 2013, 06:23 PM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Huh. Just sitting admiring the nice photo about to test a spool up the the new head on the V400. You have the same ESC as I do. Do you know that it's programmable?
Old Jan 17, 2013, 06:50 PM
Folding Spacetime
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined Jul 2011
1,953 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gapi View Post
Hi Guys,

Please look at the pic below and tell me if I have the right idea. Not sure what kind of displays some of you are using so I put the A, B & C in there for easier viewing.

The B wire looks fine, but on mine I had to switch the A and C wires. I used a different motor, so you may not have this situation. Easiest way to tell is to look at the rotor head--it should be rotating clockwise as viewed from above.
navigator2011 is offline Find More Posts by navigator2011
Old Jan 17, 2013, 06:58 PM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator2011 View Post
The B wire looks fine, but on mine I had to switch the A and C wires. I used a different motor, so you may not have this situation. Easiest way to tell is to look at the rotor head--it should be rotating clockwise as viewed from above.
You can randomly wire a 3 phase motor. If it rotates in the wrong direction you just need to swap any 2 phases. You wont break it so whatever color code works for you to get CW rotation. Every motor is wound differently even between the same manufacturer.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 07:04 PM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Last week I installed some new servo arms and they seem a bit thin. Running the EXI's. Do you think this is a good weak link in the system for a crash? Arms go as opposed to more expensive items like swash or follower. They are only 1.2mm think but the thicker ones that came in the universal package had holes that were to large for the balls.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 07:33 PM
Folding Spacetime
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined Jul 2011
1,953 Posts
I don't know, crashes at pretty chaotic events, so anything goes. I wouldn't worry too much about the arms, just use the ones that have the good size holes. I think the EXI servos and arms will be just fine for regular flying, I never had a problem with the arms being too weak.
navigator2011 is offline Find More Posts by navigator2011
Old Jan 17, 2013, 07:37 PM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Thanks. Running the Turnigy 3800 w/o a Governor. What did you guys limit the throttle at back in the days?
Old Jan 17, 2013, 08:05 PM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
410 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasakro View Post
Huh. Just sitting admiring the nice photo about to test a spool up the the new head on the V400. You have the same ESC as I do. Do you know that it's programmable?
Oooh, OooH! Progeammible? Yeh I read that but don't know in what sense or how. Talk to me. Love more stuff to tweak.

Please review below and if its good it will be my contribution to the next poor noob who does a search or stumbles in here.

gapi is offline Find More Posts by gapi
Last edited by gapi; Jan 18, 2013 at 08:29 PM.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 08:11 PM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
I'll review as you review this. Program start modes. The motor will even play a song if you like. No BS here.

http://www.hobbywing.com/uploadfiles...nual/HW-02.pdf

Drawn with Visio?
Old Jan 17, 2013, 08:18 PM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
410 Posts
Quote:
I'll review as you review this. Program start modes. The motor will even play a song if you like. No BS here.

http://www.hobbywing.com/uploadfiles...nual/HW-02.pdf

Drawn with Visio?
No, by hand in Photoshop. I gotta add the resistor jumper. Later.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 08:21 PM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Correct the resistor value.

Rest looks good. I like!
Last edited by lasakro; Jan 18, 2013 at 05:46 AM. Reason: Drawing Update
Old Jan 17, 2013, 08:36 PM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
410 Posts
Quote:
1)The 35mm bullet connectors may weigh her down a bit. Have you found a supplier yet?
2) From LiPO? I like to follow the electrons instead of the holes but that's just me.
3) Power simulator (resistor).

Rest looks good. I like!

BTW- The song list was different on mine. I think it depends where you get the card and who flashed it. I'm pretty sure you have to wait for the song to end before you can fly.

OK, fixed. Can you remove my 35mm bullet LOPO no resistor image from your reply post? Heh!
Old Jan 18, 2013, 12:06 AM
Moving Parts
United States, MS, Columbus
Joined May 2011
1,318 Posts
In case someone might be interested. V400 and parts for sale.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...5#post23849408
ChopperJack is online now Find More Posts by ChopperJack
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 18, 2013, 06:16 AM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
410 Posts
PM Sent
Old Jan 18, 2013, 09:02 AM
Moving Parts
United States, MS, Columbus