HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 13, 2014, 06:38 AM
Out of helis, sanity returning
Tallahassee, FL
Joined Feb 2009
2,039 Posts
I ran across a post from someone else on RCG who had seen an ad for sanitary pads, which of course set off a long discussion of how the pads could best be used in the RC hobby.

It's just odd to see ads for non-RC related stuff on this website when it's been free of them for so long. I guess if they need the $$$ from the advertising , they need the $$$. What else could it be?
2400RDR is online now Find More Posts by 2400RDR
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 13, 2014, 08:14 AM
Administrator
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
11,360 Posts
We do have adsense ads throughout the site and have for a few years now. If an ad is too out of place or weird we can block it.
Jim T. Graham is online now Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
Old Jun 13, 2014, 09:45 AM
*Noted Nerd*
United States, OR, Sandy
Joined Jul 2004
573 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2400RDR View Post
I ran across a post from someone else on RCG who had seen an ad for sanitary pads, which of course set off a long discussion of how the pads could best be used in the RC hobby.

It's just odd to see ads for non-RC related stuff on this website when it's been free of them for so long. I guess if they need the $$$ from the advertising , they need the $$$. What else could it be?
I fly glow, and one of those units along with a bottle of Windex...
Oregon Craig is offline Find More Posts by Oregon Craig
Old Jun 13, 2014, 03:33 PM
Dragons, Windmills. All Same.
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined May 2002
3,863 Posts
Personally, I don't see much
Sans when I occasionally visit this site, from another location, on another unit, that is not properly cleaned and actively filtered along with not logged in.

When using my primary unit(s), from my primary location, and logged on I don't see squat.

I am willing to say I can't say the same for othe rc sites

Jared
jcstalls is online now Find More Posts by jcstalls
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 13, 2014, 07:29 PM
Out of helis, sanity returning
Tallahassee, FL
Joined Feb 2009
2,039 Posts
We can table this conversation. I was mostly interested in confirming that my computer hadn't been infested with malware.

I can live with the guy that grocery stores fear, but for what it's worth, that ad, and ads like it are widely considered to be scams (do a Google search). Probably not the kind of thing we want to see on a respected website like RCG.
2400RDR is online now Find More Posts by 2400RDR