HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 08, 2012, 05:44 AM
Joined Jan 2012
24 Posts
Discussion
My custom HexaCopter Arm/Motor Mount

Attached are two pictures of my homemade hexacopter arm/motor mount.

Carbon fiber tube is from HobbyKing, here

I designed the tube collar in AutoCad and had it fabricated at Shapeways. The collar design can be seen here. I designed the collar diameter to be ~0.2mm smaller than the tube, and as you can see it comes it two halves, which are fastened together using 3mm bolts.

The material for the collar is the 'strong, black and flexible' material - from my testing @ ~16000 rpm, it seems stable and doesn't crack/warp. I ran the motor at a variety of speeds, everything seems solid.

Comments? (And, before you ask, yes - I was very careful cutting the carbon - I used a sealed full head hood, and used my scuba tank/regulator as an air source - I'm paranoid after reading some of the things on this forum
LordChaos is offline Find More Posts by LordChaos
Last edited by LordChaos; Jun 08, 2012 at 06:59 AM.
to remove ads between posts