HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 19, 2014, 11:23 AM
Va.Beach VA.
Joined Aug 2007
2,039 Posts
Can anyone video the talon without fpv? I have 5 videos of it, but wondering if anyone Here on this thread could post some . The trees and landscape looks about the same after while. ..yeah I know it's a UAV/ FPV but everyone has such great color schemes and I just like to see it do a fly by or two.
G-LO is online now Find More Posts by G-LO
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 19, 2014, 11:36 AM
United States, HI, Honolulu
Joined Jul 2013
84 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnymeg View Post
I have laminate. Rolls of it to be exact. I can send you enough laminate to cover the entire plane for $15.
Thanks Johnny! I got it covered (yea, a pun). I got 20ft of 5mil opaque white 'predator new stuff' from Canuckengineering.com for about $20.

Maybe it's just me, but applying laminate is so soothing/peaceful, it's like meditation. Best part of building, imho.
flightly is offline Find More Posts by flightly
Last edited by flightly; Jul 19, 2014 at 11:57 AM.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 12:12 PM
Va.Beach VA.
Joined Aug 2007
2,039 Posts
Flighty, I know just what you mean* I've finished fiberglass taping my Bixler and it was just.... yeah, soothing... I was always looking forward to it.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 12:34 PM
Joined Jul 2013
84 Posts
Norm/Best Practice for Setup: 2 Ch. V-tail control (no rudder)

I'm still waiting for servos >_< but in the mean time...let's talk control surfaces. I'm setting my talon up with aileron + elevator only for the time being. Figured I'd get used to flying bank and yank at first, then maybe work my way up to coordinated rudder + aileron turns.

I don't think I'll need a mixer if I'm just using aileron and elevator... I'm using storm osd, want to take advantage of its Pilot Assist mode which has inputs/outputs for two channels only, aile and elev.

I figured I'd make use of two servo "y" splitters for each of storm's two channels. All that's left is making sure the servos/surfaces are moving in the correct directions: the two aileron servos move in opposite directions and the two elevator servos move in the same direction.

Looking for an experienced pilot's evaluation of the above reasoning. Is it sound? Will it work as intended? I've been scouring forums for info on setting up similar configs, anything confirmatory, but to no avail.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueprint View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1elite View Post
i have a storm osd that im going to be using with the mini talon, and i have never had a v tail plane before. can i use one channel for elevator and use a y connector for both elevators ? that way i can connect it to my storm osd ?
That won't work... your going to need an external v-tail mixer.

Plug one of the servos to rudder and the other to elevator on the mixer. Plug the Elevator from the mixer into the Cyclops and the Rudder in the Rudder channel in your RX.

I have used this one in the past.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...tra_small.html
Nvm, found an answer
Last edited by flightly; Jul 20, 2014 at 02:03 AM.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 12:37 PM
Joined Jul 2013
84 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-LO View Post
Flighty, I know just what you mean* I've finished fiberglass taping my Bixler and it was just.... yeah, soothing... I was always looking forward to it.
Yes, isn't it grand? It's like being in a zen garden, raking sand...good for clearing one's mind.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 01:19 PM
Joined Mar 2014
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by typicalaimster View Post
Boring video of some landings with the Mini Talon...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgGuopCRyQc
I love boring landing videos! Seriously though, I just love FPV videos in general. I don't discriminate against boring landers.
kddean66 is offline Find More Posts by kddean66
Old Jul 21, 2014, 01:22 PM
Joined Mar 2014
6 Posts
Has anybody mounted an FPV camera in the hole under the nose? If so, have you had landing issues with it (i.e. is your camera getting damaged during landings)? I've been thinking about mounting one there when I get my new mini but am somewhat scared of camera damage.
kddean66 is offline Find More Posts by kddean66
Old Yesterday, 06:51 PM
Va.Beach VA.
Joined Aug 2007
2,039 Posts
Quadmovr, YOU- ARE- AMAZING!

You are the first one I Ever saw fly that thing like you stole it! And strangely, the Talon seems to LOVE it. It doesn't seem to really be a FPV aircraft at all....its too slick~ It's more Reno racer to me than anything.

Man, thank you for the non-fpv video. Thank you. You are AWESOME pilot. LOVE IT
Last edited by G-LO; Yesterday at 08:16 PM.
Old Yesterday, 11:36 PM
Joined May 2013
447 Posts
That was great flying! Did you do some strengthening mod or everything is built as stock?
Stringer is offline Find More Posts by Stringer
Old Today, 01:41 AM
The Netherlands, UT, Utrecht
Joined Dec 2012
25 Posts
Thank you, quadmovr, for that insane flying with it This is by far the best video showing how crazy it can be flown. Never thought it could be done. Now fpv it like that! Lol.
DaKluit is online now Find More Posts by DaKluit
Old Today, 03:20 AM
RTFM
Joined May 2014
21 Posts
thanks
its built/flown as it comes and as you can see on the photos. no mods.
fpv in this way would not be so good for the stomach of the audience
quadmovr is offline Find More Posts by quadmovr
Old Today, 12:42 PM
United States, WA, Quincy
Joined Aug 2013
386 Posts
Wow, great flying!
pshelton is offline Find More Posts by pshelton