HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 24, 2013, 07:14 PM
white lake michigan
Joined Oct 2004
3,742 Posts
Congrats on the maiden. Your 35 looks about the size of my RBC F35 They are very hard to keep orientation. I tend to fly it high incase I loose orientation I have time to figure whats going on, Its doing its job stealthy when its coming straight at you its signature is very small, I took one try at making a stencil out of a thicker vinyl by hand and it is time consuming first attempt no too good maybe I will give it another try thins year, Or I will go to a graphic's store with a printed out piece of paper and see if they can cut them so I can airbrush it like I did the yellow. I tryed watching the video but my computer sucks. I have a new one on the way, should see it in about a week. Are them retracts or just some bent wire. Mine is belly lander. I am building a 6ft long YF 23 in my blog but have taken a break from it for a while was getting burned out.
unclecrash is offline Find More Posts by unclecrash
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 24, 2013, 07:17 PM
Central Maryland
Joined Apr 2008
227 Posts
Congrats on another flight. Your also freakin crazy for flying on a day like today with the winds we had. Lucky that bird did'nt carry away to the Severn River. 2200 mah battery! You could easily put in a 4500 mah battery into that bird. I am using a 4000 mah 55C rated battery for my F-22. My friend has the same F-22 I have and he is using a 4500 mah 55C in his. Your F-35 looks about the same size and I am sure your F-35 does not weigh as much as my F-22.

Do you have the "Real Flight" simulator by chance? If so, I put together our club field for the simulator and posted it up on the swap pages so our members can install it on the simulator. My guess is you do not have it. If so, then you can use the simulator and get a feel for what it is like at our club field. I also did PGRC in Prince George's County.
VIDEOPRO is offline Find More Posts by VIDEOPRO
Old Mar 17, 2013, 08:07 PM
United States, MD, Annapolis
Joined Jul 2012
94 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by unclecrash View Post
Congrats on the maiden. Your 35 looks about the size of my RBC F35 They are very hard to keep orientation. I tend to fly it high incase I loose orientation I have time to figure whats going on, Its doing its job stealthy when its coming straight at you its signature is very small, I took one try at making a stencil out of a thicker vinyl by hand and it is time consuming first attempt no too good maybe I will give it another try thins year, Or I will go to a graphic's store with a printed out piece of paper and see if they can cut them so I can airbrush it like I did the yellow. I tryed watching the video but my computer sucks. I have a new one on the way, should see it in about a week. Are them retracts or just some bent wire. Mine is belly lander. I am building a 6ft long YF 23 in my blog but have taken a break from it for a while was getting burned out.
I was going to use retracts, but instead I just bent one long wire. The left and right rear landing gear is the same wire, I did that so it would disperse the load across the airplane. I put two red stripes on the bottom fuse so I can tell if it is upright, and it works pretty well.
DoubleOne is offline Find More Posts by DoubleOne
Old Mar 17, 2013, 08:13 PM
United States, MD, Annapolis
Joined Jul 2012
94 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIDEOPRO View Post
Congrats on another flight. Your also freakin crazy for flying on a day like today with the winds we had. Lucky that bird did'nt carry away to the Severn River. 2200 mah battery! You could easily put in a 4500 mah battery into that bird. I am using a 4000 mah 55C rated battery for my F-22. My friend has the same F-22 I have and he is using a 4500 mah 55C in his. Your F-35 looks about the same size and I am sure your F-35 does not weigh as much as my F-22.

Do you have the "Real Flight" simulator by chance? If so, I put together our club field for the simulator and posted it up on the swap pages so our members can install it on the simulator. My guess is you do not have it. If so, then you can use the simulator and get a feel for what it is like at our club field. I also did PGRC in Prince George's County.
I do have Real Flight, but it is at home (Florida). Maybe I'll see if I can have it shipped here so I can download those fields. My F-35C weighs 1.25 kg, I'll look into a bigger battery but for now...I'll have to live with a 3 minute flight.

Speaking of flying into the Severn... my friend bought an foamy P-51 and has very little experience flying. I tried to convince him that it was too windy, but he went anyways. Needless to say, the wind took his bird right into the water. I was fortunate enough that my airplane has plenty of power to overcome the wind...next time I'll be a little more cautious though.

Sorry for the super delayed response, I had a rough week of classes/projects due and I was in Jamaica for spring break. Just got back 2 days ago, and now I'm ready to build and fly again
DoubleOne is offline Find More Posts by DoubleOne
Old Mar 18, 2013, 10:52 AM
Now in TN!
Chapel Hill, TN USA
Joined Apr 2001
24,060 Posts
Just read through your thread Double One. Congrats, great job on the build.
Really enjoyed seeing the background of Dewey Field, that's where I cracked the ribs and perforated my kidney.

J
J Morgan is offline Find More Posts by J Morgan
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: OV-10A Bronco from Palmer Plans
Old Mar 18, 2013, 11:24 AM
Denver CO
Joined Apr 2008
2,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Morgan View Post
Just read through your thread Double One. Congrats, great job on the build.
Really enjoyed seeing the background of Dewey Field, that's where I cracked the ribs and perforated my kidney.

J
Wow, you almost made that sound enjoyable

And congrads on the maiden Doubleone
D_FAST is offline Find More Posts by D_FAST
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Dassualt Alpha Jet