Old Jan 23, 2013, 11:50 PM
Epoxy & CA Investor
United States, CO, Denver
Joined May 2010
2,568 Posts
Discussion
Stupidy and Guns....lethal combination

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/23/us/tex...html?hpt=hp_t3

Please remember that this occurred in the wild wild west of Houston, TX. I am still in shock a Texas Sheriff said this.

"It was a ridiculous, adolescent confrontation that occurred."

Pressed for details, Garcia added, "We're still clearing that up. But a confrontation occurred, and somebody thought, in their peanut-sized brain, that maybe a firearm on a campus would be the way to settle it."
DenverJayhawk is online now Find More Posts by DenverJayhawk
Old Jan 24, 2013, 12:06 AM
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Nov 2005
5,677 Posts
What would solve that problem is if everyone in the area had a gun...less people would be killed.

But if the one guy came in with a frog nuke people wouldn't have been hurt
erh7771 is offline Find More Posts by erh7771
Old Jan 24, 2013, 12:12 AM
whiirrrrrr
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Nov 2011
785 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk View Post
http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/23/us/tex...html?hpt=hp_t3

Please remember that this occurred in the wild wild west of Houston, TX. I am still in shock a Texas Sheriff said this.

"It was a ridiculous, adolescent confrontation that occurred."

Pressed for details, Garcia added, "We're still clearing that up. But a confrontation occurred, and somebody thought, in their peanut-sized brain, that maybe a firearm on a campus would be the way to settle it."
I'm guessing your comment was tounge in cheek, but if you think Houston is the wild west, you need to get out more.

Not to mention you shouldn't be surprised that he said that, I don't see any gun advocates saying a disagreement should be settled with a gun. You are projecting, creating a false reality that everyone in Texas thinks an argument should be settled with a gun. Or else you wouldn't be surprised he said that.

What a silly idea
srt8madness is online now Find More Posts by srt8madness
Old Jan 24, 2013, 12:15 AM
Restful User
Backwoods Alabama
Joined May 2000
3,861 Posts
I read that followup, and was much amused with the Sheriff's comment. He nailed it dead-center.

Of course, the gun carriers opined that "...none of these involved the feared 'assault weapons' or 'greater than 10 round mags' that they so badly want to ban." and, of course, "...they never let a good crisis go to waste, they never let facts get in the way of a good tantrum."

Ooo. Fear of... "They". Reality TV ain't this good...

--Bill
Jacques Flambeau is offline Find More Posts by Jacques Flambeau
Old Jan 24, 2013, 12:18 AM
Restful User
Backwoods Alabama
Joined May 2000
3,861 Posts
And I see that Daniel is again reading a lot into your post. Reality TV ain't this good...
Old Jan 24, 2013, 12:23 AM
Now fortified with carbon
Canada, ON, Puslinch
Joined Apr 2010
2,687 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by srt8madness View Post
I'm guessing your comment was tounge in cheek, but if you think Houston is the wild west, you need to get out more.

Not to mention you shouldn't be surprised that he said that, I don't see any gun advocates saying a disagreement should be settled with a gun. You are projecting, creating a false reality that everyone in Texas thinks an argument should be settled with a gun. Or else you wouldn't be surprised he said that.

What a silly idea
No I think what he is suggesting arguments wont occur when everybody has a gun.[tounge in cheek]

Thats the kind of idiotic premise we often hear
DLGjunkyard is offline Find More Posts by DLGjunkyard
Last edited by DLGjunkyard; Jan 24, 2013 at 01:00 AM.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 12:46 AM
Epoxy & CA Investor
United States, CO, Denver
Joined May 2010
2,568 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by srt8madness View Post

What a silly idea
i think we all know I was not serious with Houston being the wild west. But there's no false reality in what the Sheriff said at all. You get people (including idiots) carrying guns all the time, and shootings are going to happen. This is case and point.

What's laughable is the idea that arming everyone is the solution to end gun violence. Or is that too subtle for you to pick up on?
DenverJayhawk is online now Find More Posts by DenverJayhawk
Old Jan 24, 2013, 03:00 AM
Joined Aug 2005
2,674 Posts
Stupidity and politics; the body count is much higher.

Original Obamaphone Lady: Obama Voter Says Vote for Obama because he gives a free Phone (0 min 45 sec)

OBAMA'S GONNA PAY FOR MY GAS... (0 min 36 sec)

If you want to really want to see reports of violence, just read the crime reports for large urban areas like Chicago, DC, Detroit, New Orleans, Oakland .................................................. ...
DT56 is offline Find More Posts by DT56
Last edited by DT56; Jan 24, 2013 at 03:05 AM.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 04:25 AM
Official Old Git!
Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2000
1,383 Posts
Yeah - but at least these ^^^ people can carry guns, and use them, whenever they want!
Norman Adlam is offline Find More Posts by Norman Adlam
Old Jan 24, 2013, 06:57 AM
Restful User
Backwoods Alabama
Joined May 2000
3,861 Posts
So true, Norman.

And those Obama/liberal hate videos always provide the guntoters with good fodder to deflect the discussion...

--Bill
Old Jan 24, 2013, 07:59 AM
Borders, language & culture
United States, TN, Maryville
Joined Jun 2001
213 Posts
a more accurate descrpition for the op's article is dems and guns combo
AintQytRite is online now Find More Posts by AintQytRite
Old Jan 24, 2013, 08:23 AM
'Merica!
United States, CO, Aurora
Joined Sep 2007
691 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Harris View Post
I read that followup, and was much amused with the Sheriff's comment. He nailed it dead-center.

Of course, the gun carriers opined that "...none of these involved the feared 'assault weapons' or 'greater than 10 round mags' that they so badly want to ban." and, of course, "...they never let a good crisis go to waste, they never let facts get in the way of a good tantrum."

Ooo. Fear of... "They". Reality TV ain't this good...

--Bill
"They" tend to get their panties in a wad if they're mentioned by name so "they" are generically labeled. But I get the idea that you know who "they" are, yeah, of course you do.

Fear? tell it to the hoplophobes calling for the ban of scary black rifles, those people could use a good dose of reality.
n00b-E is offline Find More Posts by n00b-E
Last edited by n00b-E; Jan 24, 2013 at 01:25 PM.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 08:27 AM
'Merica!
United States, CO, Aurora
Joined Sep 2007
691 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norman Adlam View Post
Yeah - but at least these ^^^ people can carry guns, and use them, whenever they want!
No, they can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Harris View Post
So true, Norman.

And those Obama/liberal hate videos always provide the guntoters with good fodder to deflect the discussion...

--Bill
If you know something is false, and you state that it's correct, well.......you know.
n00b-E is offline Find More Posts by n00b-E
Old Jan 24, 2013, 08:30 AM
St. Boondock
Joined Aug 2008
731 Posts
Stupidity and Guns.............Lethal Combination??

Thanks!! I never new this.
FL Knifemaker is offline Find More Posts by FL Knifemaker
Old Jan 24, 2013, 09:15 AM
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Nov 2005
5,677 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by norman adlam View Post
yeah - but at least these ^^^ people can carry guns, and use them, whenever they want!
+1..
erh7771 is offline Find More Posts by erh7771